Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which is the best Quest for Glory? Finished! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28282)

DarthHelmet86 15-01-2012 07:25 AM

Which is the best Quest for Glory? Finished!

So which is your favourite, which is the best of these games to you? Or do you not like any of them? Don't just vote in the poll give us a post telling us why as well.

This poll will be up for seven days then I will end it, if you are a guest become a member of the site and vote and post as well.

Edit: My favourite is the original EGA version of QFG1 it is just about the best game I have ever played. And I still whip it out when ever I feel that I need some good classic gaming. But all of the games besides 5 and some of the fan games rank very high in my favourite games list.

Frodo 15-01-2012 08:30 AM

It's a close call between Part 1 VGA, and Part 4 Shadows of Darkness for me. Love both games! :3:

But voted for Part 4, cos I have a thing for vampires and werewolves :D

Lulu_Jane 15-01-2012 08:39 AM

I really love 3, I've replayed that sooooo many times it's a bit mental.

But I also really enjoyed 5, although I may be the only person in the world. It felt a bit separate to the previous games, and more of a love letter to the series in general. I thought it was a nice way to end the series.

Also, we should have another poll titled, "how angry on a scale of one to ten did that horrific alley navigation system make you in QF2?" ;)

Frodo 15-01-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu_Jane (Post 438455)
Also, we should have another poll titled, "how angry on a scale of one to ten did that horrific alley navigation system make you in QF2?" ;)

You ever tried the AGD remake for that? They improved the alley navigation no end! :OK:

DarthHelmet86 15-01-2012 09:00 AM

Maybe it is just because I used the map and have a good sense of direction and how to read a map from different angles but I never had trouble with the alley system at all. I know I am one of few people, so maybe it is just a bit of luck.

Lulu_Jane 15-01-2012 09:40 AM

Possibly, or you could be demon spawn.

WHICH IS IT DARTH, WHICH IS IT?

DarthHelmet86 15-01-2012 10:09 AM

Could it be both? I think it might be both.

netwarrior 15-01-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 438454)
It's a close call between Part 1 VGA, and Part 4 Shadows of Darkness for me. Love both games! :3:

But voted for Part 4, cos I have a thing for vampires and werewolves :D

Same to me. But I've picked QfG1 VGA because you had there several quest to become a hero that weren't linked to each other.
Also you had different areas, like woods, mountains and ice-world.

What I also liked was the QfG2 and the fan remake.

CaitSith 15-01-2012 11:07 AM

Got to be QFG 4 for me, the darker setting is a nice change from the previous 3 games, and it has some of my favourite artwork as well :D

Banjo 15-01-2012 12:40 PM

I'd definitely say QFG1 EGA (original). Probably one of my fave games ever, one of the most innovative Sierra ever did, and just wonderfully open and immersive. The sequels and remake were great (though I was never very keen on 3 and didn't finish 4 until a few years ago due to bugs) but nothing ever quite recaptured that first game experience for me. I love that the whole series actually feels 'complete' to a degree, though, with 5 being an actual 'ending' rather than just another game like most series.

The current time is 10:44 PM (GMT)