Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   History of Abandonia? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20753)

Fubb 20-07-2009 05:05 AM

i feel like im reading the dialogues of an RPG game LOL

* joins the story circle around the campfire *

So what about Sebantinos, what about him hijackin' the site mister?

El Quia 20-07-2009 05:18 AM

/me joins the group, a hot mug of soup in his hands, to listen to the tales

cpt renault 20-07-2009 06:59 AM

Heh. The tale of Sebatianos seems to be one that is still...well, a charged issue. I think I have some bit of clarity, given a few recent inquiries, but theres still a great deal about that I don't quite get. Chiefly, who was Romano? I see he was something important, but apparently things went bad with him. I assume it's linked to Sebatianos and the dissidents...

..reading all this, Fubb's right, it sounds like a video game story. XD

The Fifth Horseman 20-07-2009 07:08 AM

Kosta's father and part of the Abandonia staff for a while.
Also an anarchist, notorious liar, mythomaniac and the person who instigated Sebatianos to do what he did in December.

TotalAnarchy 20-07-2009 07:16 AM

From my point of view, the importance of the Sebatianos event seems really inflated by the members who were active at that time. arete even gives him some villain characterics. The only thing missing is the moustache and the "Muhahahaha!!!" and we'd have a complete Evil vs Good movie.

What's important is, after the "incident", AB finally begun doing what it was supposed to.

Romano is Kosta's father.

Eagle of Fire 20-07-2009 07:32 AM

The best specific memories I have of this site is the "post count war" which was raging on when I joined, the great teamwork most of the regular members shown when multiplayer games like Kingdom of Loathing and Urban Dead poped up. And of course the competitions. :)

I never understood the reason behind most of the other harmfull events, especially when some long time contributors was banned for a reason or another. It was however clear for me that whoever have any intention to harm this site or wish to destroy the work done by himself and especially others, whatever the reason, is commiting an unexcusable ofense. Whoever that is, whatever the amount of work or contribution already done by him/her. The name of the person doing stupidities like this never even mattered to me... I could not care less.

It is for this reason that I tend to simply shun and shrug off such things... And thus hardly remember them.

_r.u.s.s. 20-07-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 376654)
notorious liar, mythomaniac and the person who instigated Sebatianos to do what he did in December.

you're an idiot horseman, no offence. no respect without no reason

he's not a liar and he didn't "instigate" sebatianos to guess your password on abandonia

Romano 20-07-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 376654)
Kosta's father and part of the Abandonia staff for a while.
Also an anarchist, notorious liar, mythomaniac and the person who instigated Sebatianos to do what he did in December.

You forget to mention that I'm also a notorious alcoholic :D

The Fifth Horseman 20-07-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

he's not a liar
"Kosta is coming back in October"
"Abandonia will return to his full control in October"
"Forget about Studentis"
"Kosta will make major changes to the site and the staff in coming weeks"
(the last two were posted in Chatbox on January 1st)

Quote:

and he didn't "instigate" sebatianos to guess your password on abandonia
The incident I was referring to was Sebatianos locking all admins out of the site controls. Or have you forgotten?

Lulu_Jane 20-07-2009 11:09 AM

Some people think he had a vaguely legitimate reason to do this.

But can we please drop this Seb stuff? Renault, you were told already that this issue pisses people off and divides everyone. If this thread does nothing but bring up old arguments (which we worked hard to get over) I'm closing this.

(Also, 10 years, not 5 :D )

The current time is 01:31 PM (GMT)