Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Introductions, Farewells and Returns (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Hello (again) everyone :) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33566)

Lightside 07-03-2016 10:31 AM

Hello (again) everyone :)

Hello folks!
It's been more than 10 years since I last logged on, and since I was just helped in regaining access to my account, I've decided to write a short greeting for you all :) Looking forward to reconnecting with the old guard and meeting all the new members!

Take care,
Lightside

arete 07-03-2016 01:42 PM

Welcome back. This place is a lot quieter than it used to be, though :oh:

Tom Henrik 07-03-2016 10:10 PM

Welcome back, Lightside!

I guess all the stars have aligned at the same time, and us old timers come crawling out of the woodwork again. ;)

Lightside 08-03-2016 09:20 AM

Thanks guys! Yes, it does seem a bit quiet around here, but well, it's good to see that some people are still talking :) Come stai, Tom? It's certainly been a while since we last spoke!

Tom Henrik 08-03-2016 12:00 PM

Not much to report here. I started working as a waiter for Disney World in Florida in 2007, and I am still stuck there.

Apart from that, I am married, have a house, two cats, and started my own website. How about you?

Lightside 08-03-2016 01:10 PM

Sent you a PM to catch up! :)

Japo 08-03-2016 09:19 PM

Notice anything different? XD

I think you must have left before I started being active but welcome!

Lightside 09-03-2016 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 465056)
Notice anything different? XD

I think you must have left before I started being active but welcome!

Good to meet you Japo, and yes, my last login was sometime in 2005, right before I graduated, so a little bit before your time :)

Differences? Yes, I seem to remember quite a few different things, especially in the catalogue (I believe my favourite game, Elvira, was still on the list back then), but I think that in the effort of making the site legit, it is inevitable that some games which lost their abandonware status must be removed!

marko river 09-03-2016 11:21 AM

Yes, we had to remove lot of games. You probably left before our big ESA issue, which which happened very long time ago.

Anyway, I guess we probably met back then but I honestly don't remember :) Welcome back :)

Lightside 09-03-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 465064)
Yes, we had to remove lot of games. You probably left before our big ESA issue, which which happened very long time ago.

Anyway, I guess we probably met back then but I honestly don't remember :) Welcome back :)

Yeah, I figured as much - but I would much rather have Abandonia open with a few less ESA protected games than have it risking being shut down by overzealous copyright authorities.

Marko! So nice to talk to you again :) how have you been, old friend?

The current time is 11:19 AM (GMT)