Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Game Of The Week (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8062)

Sebatianos 14-11-2005 06:59 PM

I was wondering...
We have quite a lot of games, so maybe we could line some of them up - sort of a game duel.
All members could vote for the game of the week. There would be 5 games to choose from (example - Beneeth the Steel Sky, Alien Incident, Inspector Gadget, Wishbringer and Deja Vu). The game with most votes by Saturday morning would become the game of the week. The game would then be presented in the news again as the Game of the week instead of the upload for Sunday.
This would give people the oportunity to catch up on some of the titles they might have missed.
What do you think?

UnHoly 14-11-2005 07:13 PM

Yeah, this might be a good idea. People might notice the forgotten, underated, but still good titles. :ok:

Shrek 14-11-2005 07:15 PM

Hey, I like that idea... I like it very much, so here is my "yes" :D

A. J. Raffles 14-11-2005 07:15 PM

So basically there'd be a news item saying "Hey, just in case you haven't noticed, this game exists, it's on this site and it's bloody brilliant"?:huh:

Data 14-11-2005 07:18 PM

not a bad idea actually

Reup 14-11-2005 07:21 PM

Nice. It's sort of like the random game banner on Reloaded (The Dark Side ;) ). How would we (?) decide which 5 games would be in the poll? Or is this gonna be a Seb Special ???

A. J. Raffles 14-11-2005 07:21 PM

It would be nice if we could combine it with adding some extras or something like that. But I doubt people would want to see "old" games featured in the news section.

Sebatianos 14-11-2005 07:30 PM

@Reup - well I was thinking that we should go fromt he top...
So we'd start with teh action category and the updaters (could be somebody else - like an PM suggestion - everybody could send in their PMs during the week to me and I'd make a list) would suggest a few games - then we'd decide which 5 (can be more, can be less) would go up for the vote. This would also reduce the preasure of daily updates slightly.

@Raffles - I know people wouldn't want to see 'old' games on the site, that's why these would be the weekly recomendations, the games of the week, the missed gems...

And yes, this would function like a random game generator - except for the random part, so some games (uninteresting enough - like Stickybear Town Builder) would not randomly pop up, but we'd be presenting the games once more.

A. J. Raffles 14-11-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reup@Nov 14 2005, 08:21 PM
Nice. It's sort of like the random game banner on Reloaded (The Dark Side ;) ). How would we (?) decide which 5 games would be in the poll? Or is this gonna be a Seb Special ???
*raises Reup's warn level on AR* :whistle:

Actually I think a truly random pick would make more sense. I mean, what are the chances of Stickybear Townbuilder ever being selected as Game of the Week?

Blood-Pigggy 14-11-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by A. J. Raffles+Nov 14 2005, 03:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Nov 14 2005, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Reup@Nov 14 2005, 08:21 PM
*raises Reup's warn level on AR* :whistle:

Actually I think a truly random pick would make more sense. I mean, what are the chances of Stickybear Townbuilder ever being selected as Game of the Week? [/b][/quote]
Yes, it would be overlooked by much better, and more popular games such as Little People Farm.

The current time is 03:04 PM (GMT)