Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tha Rules (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6018)

omg 04-07-2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

ONE topic regarding conspiracy, politics, sexual preferences, religion, spam... WHATEVER... is enough. When these topics spawn into all kinds of subforums, the entire forum is clogged up in topics regarding the same thing. It is really irritating for us who try to keep the forum organized.

keeping the forum organized. hmm. oh so much work. get bloody real. each topic is not bloody lead bricks on your bloody back is it. like its a manual thing. jesus bloody wept.
not that anyones going to miss me but i am out of here.
like you have to manually sort each topic? its a bloody program, all you have to do is minimall at best.
ahh well look forwards to the return of indiginous 1v evrybody. he will be well happy that i am gone.

Microprose Veteran 04-07-2005 08:18 PM

EDIT since this thread is still ahem I mean, nice weather we're having this evening, isn't it? Or should that be: haven't we? :) :) :)

Eagle of Fire 04-07-2005 08:18 PM

Why, for the love of everything you like, would you take so much importance in a thread in the Bla bla bla forum?

The Bla bla bla forum always been the last forum to look at for me. I usually just browse it quickly and rarely even read threads in it.

Tom Henrik 04-07-2005 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by omg@Jul 4 2005, 08:14 PM
Quote:

ONE topic regarding conspiracy, politics, sexual preferences, religion, spam... WHATEVER... is enough. When these topics spawn into all kinds of subforums, the entire forum is clogged up in topics regarding the same thing. It is really irritating for us who try to keep the forum organized.

keeping the forum organized. hmm. oh so much work. get bloody real. each topic is not bloody lead bricks on your bloody back is it. like its a manual thing. jesus bloody wept.
not that anyones going to miss me but i am out of here.
like you have to manually sort each topic? its a bloody program, all you have to do is minimall at best.
ahh well look forwards to the return of indiginous 1v evrybody. he will be well happy that i am gone.

Uhm... yes, actually. We have to read through every single topic on this forum, to prevent profanity, muck-throwing, flaming, crap and other unwanted elements. When we suddenly get 3, 4, 5, 9 almost identical topics all of a sudden, our jobs reach a hellish level.

Believe it or not, being an admin is NOT fun at all! It is a lot of work, work we would rather be without. There isn't a single admin, who wouldn't trade his position for a "Member" account on the spot! That way, we wouldn't have ANY responsibilities at all, and could just have fun like everyone else, and leave the all the cleaning up to someone else.

Sebatianos 04-07-2005 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Jul 4 2005, 10:23 PM
Believe it or not, being an admin is NOT fun at all! It is a lot of work, work we would rather be without. There isn't a single admin, who wouldn't trade his position for a "Member" account on the spot! That way, we wouldn't have ANY responsibilities at all, and could just have fun like everyone else, and leave the all the cleaning up to someone else.
The funny thing is - most members would trade with you...
But what sort of mods/admins would we get then (I'm considering to trade with you Tom... would you really trade :tease: ).

omg 04-07-2005 09:19 PM

i would trade. thing is i dont think this is a good reosen. clearly the mods here cant speed read.

Havell 04-07-2005 09:20 PM

Are you really going?

That's a big shame if you're serious, you're one of the best members here in my opinion. This forum is a bit heavily modded but al least the mods here are people who give reasons for their actions instead of banning all who question the (happens on lots of forums).

Frodo 04-07-2005 09:42 PM

OMG

Don't leave us. :(

The mods and admins are doing their best for all of us.

BeefontheBone 04-07-2005 09:53 PM

Speed reading in your second language isn't easy either.

lethe 04-07-2005 10:01 PM

@Tom

Since "blah blah blah" don't really count anymore for the postcount, people won't have the urge to spam here. Why not leaving healthy discussions being sorted out by the users? At least for me it's fun to discuss politics and religions, knowing there are other people that won't just say "You're wrong, I'm right", that can actually argument.

Basically my suggestion is: Leaving these posts alive and well (It's only words, not like we're going to start a third world war, because we aren't really that important), and putting a sticky rule stating that if anyone feels offended by any topic, to PM some admin (or some account specially created for it), with the link to the topic and the offender. You'd just need to check the link and lock that topic/delete that specific post, in case it was actually offending. It would cut big time the work of reading every single post, and give us some freedom to discuss our opinion on important matters outside gaming.

The current time is 03:33 PM (GMT)