Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Weird Links... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4417)

Tulac 13-04-2005 05:18 PM

Ok I don't understand what's going on, but everywhere on the web when some words come up they are double underlined and lead a link to nowhere like on the next picture is a post from an abandonian, if I would click on that word(classic movies'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">classic movies</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">classic movies</a>) it would lead me to a link which would be named like www.abandonia.com/classic%20movies , ofcourse it doesn't exist...
This doesn't appear just on the forums, but pretty much everywhere where there is text, and with some words like star wars'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">star wars</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">star wars</a>, good guys'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guys</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">good guys</a>...
I really don'te get it...

EDIT: It's even underlined in this post...
EDIT2: OK what's this now, my whole post is messed up what's the problem?? :cry:

Tulac 13-04-2005 05:22 PM

It looks like when I edit my post word like star wars gets surrounded with these html tags, this is some weird stuff...

Rogue 13-04-2005 05:25 PM

Simple answer: Ads and spy-software.

Download Ad-Aware and SpyBot, install them, download latest updates and search your computer.

I had the same problem when I used FlashGet download manager and Messenger Plus!

Tulac 13-04-2005 05:28 PM

Well I ran Spybot S&D, it found a little spyware, but it didn't solve the problem, I'll try to update it though...

Rogue 13-04-2005 05:54 PM

Get AdAware too, as two tools will not hurt the system.

What programs you have running at the time you notice those links?

Tulac 13-04-2005 05:58 PM

Today when I visited Abandonia(but on the others too), yesterday my firewall was constantly asking for LMU.exe, even if I clicked no, so my sister probably clicked yes, I think that's the source of my problems...

I'm running MYIE2, Zonealarm Pro firewall, MSN, Miranda IM, and Symantec corporate antivirus...

Rogue 13-04-2005 06:07 PM

What is MYIE2?

Open zonealarm, go to program tab, find that program and disable it's access.

DeathDude 13-04-2005 07:09 PM

I'll add for programs to add

Webroot's Spyware Sweeper, runs on 30 day trial, but you can update and remove and such another worthy product.
Spyware Doctor, haven't been able to get it to work on my system, but have heard good things about the program.

Spywareblaster 3.3 stop spyware from getting into your computer in the first place.

You can get all these programs from either www.majorgeeks.com or www.download.com

Dino 13-04-2005 07:14 PM

Other, maybe even better anti-spyware is Counterspy and Microsoft Antispyware.

These are both great programs, I use them along with before-mentioned Spybot and Adaware, that makes 4 anti-spyware programs... And I have 2 firewalls, Sygate Personal Firewall and Bit Defender firewall. I protected myself pretty good, don't you think... :D

konfliktPL 13-04-2005 07:23 PM

1. Install some good antivirus (kaspersky?) and firewall (kerio? outpost?).
2. Update antivirus' datababes. Perform a full scan.
3. Install antispyware (apart from Your Spybot, which is good, download ad-aware se). Update them - scan.
4. Download critical patches from Windows Update (I reckon You have Windows OS?).
5. Show us Your log from hijackthis. www.hijackthis.de

And last but definitely not least - change Your 'web browser'. I put it in inverted commas, because MYIE runs on IE's engine so it cannot be called a web browser. I recommend Firefox (or Opera?).
Regards.

The current time is 10:02 PM (GMT)