Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Looking for graveyard sidescroller (NOT altered beast) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=26759)

supertrini 05-03-2011 11:37 AM

Looking for graveyard sidescroller (NOT altered beast)

Hello all,

Ive been looking for this game for lord knows how long.

Its a 2D sidescroller/platfrom game. It had something to do with an old man sending some guys on some mission and it had something to do with a ring. I remember when you died you became this pile of bone and guts etc. I know you had to fight skeletons and stuff like that and I got the demo waaay back (like 1994-95)

I know its not altered beast.

First level takes place at night in the graveyard. (i think you can chose from two players)

Also just on a side note..if anyone is interested. I think I may have a full copy of BERT higgins the man from hell...if anyone knows/remembers that title...tracked the developer down and he sent me a compiled copy.

_r.u.s.s. 05-03-2011 11:50 AM

was it altered beast?

edit: now jokes aside, could it be the very first unreal

Quote:

Also just on a side note..if anyone is interested. I think I may have a full copy of BERT higgins the man from hell...
definitely want! can you put it on sendspace or 4shared or other free host?

arete 05-03-2011 05:00 PM

Lol, all the similar threads are called Altered Beast. "The database hates you right now." X33

supertrini 05-03-2011 07:59 PM

haha thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 424069)
was it altered beast?

edit: now jokes aside, could it be the very first unreal

definitely want! can you put it on sendspace or 4shared or other free host?

Hmm I will have to check it out...It does kind of look like it...the game is very very similar to that (graphics, the player you control) for some reason I remember the enemies using arrows on the first level.

Thanks for replying though!

As far as BERT higgins... Its on one of my harddrives that I need to pull from a machine but I will try to get it this weekend..(actually I will do that now)..and defnitely put it up..mabey we can get the site to also put it up because thats a classic..

DarthHelmet86 06-03-2011 01:48 PM

There is also Ghost 'N' Goblins or Monster Bash. Both start in a graveyard.

supertrini 07-03-2011 08:57 PM

Nah

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 (Post 424153)
There is also Ghost 'N' Goblins or Monster Bash. Both start in a graveyard.

nahh this was way more dark...pretty creepy little game..Ill keep looking though..anyone else have any other ideas?

marko river 08-03-2011 10:32 AM

Nightmare Creatures? It's a 3D but let's give it a shot :)

Eagle of Fire 08-03-2011 09:05 PM

A quick search about the guts and bones thing give me DRAGON'S LAIR - NES VERSION as a result.

I sure hope it is not what you are looking for.

supertrini 09-03-2011 08:21 AM

haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 424263)
A quick search about the guts and bones thing give me DRAGON'S LAIR - NES VERSION as a result.

I sure hope it is not what you are looking for.

LOL! Nah not Dragon Lair...and not nightmare creatures (yesterday I went through all of the screenshots on XTCabandoneware and couldnt find it)

I think im running out of places to look...I have no idea why im so fascinated with this damn game I think I just like the challenge.

First level is definite a graveyard at night..You play as a Greek looking character with the tunic, sandals and all...I know its out there because i remember finding a trainer for the game back then

I want to thank everyone for being patient and helping out with this! I did find my copy of Bert Higgins the man from hell if you guys want (its a full version straight from the dev)

Suiton 12-03-2011 07:28 PM

Shadow of The Beast ??
Splatterhouse ??

The current time is 09:22 AM (GMT)