Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How Many Here Has Got A Job? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5367)

MdaG 02-06-2005 02:17 PM

As the title suggest. I've got one and a half year left of college and I'll have my degrees. It's starting to get scary knowing that soon I'll have to find a job. It's not the working part I'm scared of, it's the possibility of not finding a job that I'm afraid of. In my country it's easy for psycologists, medical doctors, nurses etc. to get a job, but for engineers it's become increasingly difficult. Maybe I'll have to move abroad and work for a while... Anyone hiring? :D

Kearnsy 02-06-2005 02:32 PM

First of all, best of luck to you for your last years of college.
I guess I'll be were you are in a few years, but i still dont know what I wanna be. Good thing is Im still getting good marks so I not to limited.
Down in Australia, we have a shortage of nurses and doctors and my friend (who is an engineer!) said theres job openings at his work.
So much for not saying we're backwards down here!!! :crazy:

t0mme 02-06-2005 02:35 PM

A job? Never had one in my entire life. Too busy studying :angel:

MdaG 02-06-2005 02:36 PM

Is it hard to get a job permit in Australia? My brother is going to there in august for 6-8 months for "working holiday". I guess he'll just pick fruit or something to fund his visit...

Puffin 02-06-2005 03:11 PM

I work at a phone company, Vodafone.

Chuck the plant 02-06-2005 03:42 PM

I'm studying media and german language & literature.

Besides that I work as a call-center-agent for a major german telecommunications-company (that's why I have so much time to hang around on the internet LOL )...

parska 02-06-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jun 2 2005, 03:42 PM
I'm studying media and german language & literature.

Besides that I work as a call-center-agent for a major german telecommunications-company (that's why I have so much time to hang around on the internet LOL )...

i'm studying business and marketing, i also work at finnish telecommunications company

Triton 02-06-2005 05:10 PM

I am starting my third year of college, after which I intend to join the US Navy to get money for more college time. Work is hard to find where I live, so I am still seeking employment.

lethe 02-06-2005 05:33 PM

Nearly 2 months without a job now. I'm doing interviews lately, trying to find something suitable, before money ends and I have to accept anything at all.
I took one year off university for now, hopefully will go back in September to something I actually like (I studied Mathematics for 3 years before I gave up).

So yeah, basically I'm doing nothing these last 2 months. Lazy bastard.

MdaG 02-06-2005 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lethe@Jun 2 2005, 05:33 PM
Nearly 2 months without a job now. I'm doing interviews lately, trying to find something suitable, before money ends and I have to accept anything at all.
I took one year off university for now, hopefully will go back in September to something I actually like (I studied Mathematics for 3 years before I gave up).

So yeah, basically I'm doing nothing these last 2 months. Lazy bastard.

Why did you give up your math studies?

One of my masters is in math, the other is in information technology

The current time is 05:06 AM (GMT)