Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forgotten Games Bureau (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Cave and dragon and treasures (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46351)

Zardoz56 28-05-2019 02:43 PM

Cave and dragon and treasures

I used to play a DOS game that was about a guy who would enter a cave in the side of a mountain and he would search for treasures. It was a single player game that started with a simple weapon like a small sword but the weapon would change with each beast you killed until the end where you have to fight the dragon. I remember that I would walk the man from left to right but the screen did not scroll automatically. This was a very simple game without much fanfare, but I liked it. It was NOT in a dungeon or well, just a simple cave. The graphics were nice looking considering the DOS features. I wish that I could remember more. It was played by me about the same time that I played "Elf Bowling". I will try any games that are suggested.

I thank you in advance. :OK:

Mystvan 28-05-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardoz56 (Post 483650)

I used to play a DOS game that was about a guy who would enter a cave in the side of a mountain and he would search for treasures. It was a single player game that started with a simple weapon like a small sword but the weapon would change with each beast you killed until the end where you have to fight the dragon. I remember that I would walk the man from left to right but the screen did not scroll automatically. This was a very simple game without much fanfare, but I liked it. It was NOT in a dungeon or well, just a simple cave. The graphics were nice looking considering the DOS features. I wish that I could remember more. It was played by me about the same time that I played "Elf Bowling". I will try any games that are suggested.

I thank you in advance. :OK:

I am not sure, but I thought of a few games:

Gods;
Super Solvers: Challenge of the Ancient Empires!.

Their inconsistencies with your game description:

Gods - the Character is not exactly in a Cave, he finds treasures and weapons, but he moves from right to left and left to right...
Super Solvers: Challenge of the Ancient Empires! - The character enters a Cave or Tomb, he finds the treasures, but there is no Dragon...

Smiling Spectre 29-05-2019 09:25 AM

Elf Bowling is quite advanced game. I checked Moby, and it says, it from 1999.Are you sure that your game is DOS? Can it be some browser-based game? Or simple (Windows) shareware? Anyway, what else can you remember? Is it platforming (i.e. Jumping up and down) in game? Is it linear (one room - one monster)? How battles looks (realtime, turn-based, automatic)? What graphics?

Zardoz56 04-06-2019 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483652)
Elf Bowling is quite advanced game. I checked Moby, and it says, it from 1999.Are you sure that your game is DOS? Can it be some browser-based game? Or simple (Windows) shareware? Anyway, what else can you remember? Is it platforming (i.e. Jumping up and down) in game? Is it linear (one room - one monster)? How battles looks (realtime, turn-based, automatic)? What graphics?

Yes the game was DOS, in '97-'99 time frame, no jumping just walking through the cave and its pathways,battles were in real-time, weapon improves with each victory starting with either a short sword or a bow & arrow set, colorful graphics and fair animation. I want to say that you have to fight a powerful dragon on the last level and that it may take a "BFG" to get it done.

My thanks to all.

Smiling Spectre 06-06-2019 09:36 AM

Well, sorry, I have no idea about the game, and my searches returns nothing.

But maybe narrowing will help. So another set of questions:
How game is played - top-down, side-view, 1st person? Is it fighting-like 1vs1 battles, or arcade-ish "player against horde"? Do you have freedom of movement, and can leave the battle any time, or locked in it? Can you choose where to go, or game is linear?

Zardoz56 06-06-2019 08:16 PM

Thanks for trying but I give up. Sorry.

The current time is 06:20 PM (GMT)