Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Archive hunt: help us find new games! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=31313)

Smiling Spectre 13-05-2016 07:43 AM

As I see, "Requests" didn't work too good after Japo left.

So, I can say that: I can offer quite a bit of requested games for the site. But I will not review it - my English is too far from good, and my literature talents is even worse.

So my offer: if someone want to review any game that missing on site, tell me, I'll try to found this game in my archives.

marko river 13-05-2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 465504)
... my English is too far from good, and my literature talents is even worse.

Which would be unaccaptable, since we only host perfect English reviews with high literal value for future generations :D :p

To play or not to play... this old game...

arete 13-05-2016 01:57 PM

Do you have any nice educational games? Sims? Cute adventures maybe? I wouldn't mind reviewing some games like that.

Promise my reviews will be delivered in English that passes muster for this site :ouch:

Smiling Spectre 13-05-2016 07:27 PM

Educational games is only category that I definitely haven't much over usual suspects. Anything else I have in spades, or can aquire. Give me the name, and I'll look into it.

arete 14-05-2016 09:42 PM

Could you maybe make some sort of list of what you have?

Smiling Spectre 16-05-2016 06:58 AM

Umm... Well, I have about 20K games locally, and also know where to get all games from the former HOTU site, some rare adventures and shooters, some warez collections, DOS Collection, and have access to the bigger Russian old game preservation site (that is www.old-games.ru).

But is it matters? Every such game must go thru "approved" procedure, so maybe it's easier to take something from this list, to shorten the selection? :)

marko river 16-05-2016 12:42 PM

old-games.ru rocks! or some of those russian sites that might have similar name. I remember found lot of gems.

I managed to find and download certain Crazy Collection of rips on CD from russian forum with combine strength of serbian-russian similarites and gTranslate. That was awesome, I had only 2 CDs back in the days and they had fullworking rips...

And I haven't visited Ultimate DOS collection in years. So it's good to have you around, spectre :D Do hang around :)

arete, can you choose some good or at least known educational or kids game? I think 1st June is children's day, so yeah :)

Smiling Spectre 16-05-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 465524)
I managed to find and download certain Crazy Collection of rips on CD from russian forum with combine strength of serbian-russian similarites and gTranslate. That was awesome, I had only 2 CDs back in the days and they had fullworking rips...

If you are speaking about true "Crazy Collection" thing, it's rather from former torrents.ru (now rutracker.org). It have awesome selection of movies, books and TV series and quite amazing selection of scanned books. (I recommend them for this for everyone - most items are with English sound at least. And they are banned in Russia already anyway. :)). But their games amount are quite limited. They have most of wide-spreaded rip collections, yes. :) Unlike old-games.ru that used the same approach as Abandonia: one game, one review, one fileset selection.
Quote:

And I haven't visited Ultimate DOS collection in years. So it's good to have you around, spectre :D Do hang around :)
Thank you. :) Actually I am speaking about Total DOS collection, that is (already) bigger and much better organized. ;)
Quote:

arete, can you choose some good or at least known educational or kids game? I think 1st June is children's day, so yeah :)
Umm... As I said, educational games are not extremely popular in the Internet, so there could be the problems. arete, if you plan to review _something_, please, choose more than one, for me to found at least some of them. :)

marko river 18-05-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 465525)
If you are speaking about true "Crazy Collection" thing...

Well I couldn't know what CC is in its entirety, just had a small game portion of everything. Yes, it is not oldgames.ru, although I found many games there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but CC I found on forum with torrent links. I liked that games CDs I could get my hands back in the days because they had interesting rips of various DOS and Win games. Something I wanted to get my hands again during one of my abandonia reviews writing craze :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 465525)
Thank you. :) Actually I am speaking about Total DOS collection, that is (already) bigger and much better organized. ;)

Yeah, you probably guessed what I was referring to :) Ultimaty is just that bunch of games, most of them easy to find. Total was that place that managed the full list by years and what archives they were still missing, right? That was very good approach.

So, if you are eager to find something for us :) here is the quest: Popo Car, but that can be played. I never remembered how I got the game but it was not from internet. Had some fun with it and wanted to put it on abandonia. Later, al archives I found on net were not cracked and couldn't be played. It runs but can't play it properly because of protection. I do remember seeing both English and japanese version, though.

Smiling Spectre 19-05-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 465533)
Well I couldn't know what CC is in its entirety, just had a small game portion of everything. Yes, it is not oldgames.ru, although I found many games there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but CC I found on forum with torrent links. I liked that games CDs I could get my hands back in the days because they had interesting rips of various DOS and Win games. Something I wanted to get my hands again during one of my abandonia reviews writing craze :)

Hmm. Language barrier, it seems, because I didn't understand what do you mean exactly... But just in case I'll repeat links! ;)

Crazy Collection. 17 issues. Full warez releases (usually), sometimes from the rare sources.

Classic Fond. 60 main discs and 9 "extras" (that partially repeat main ones). Rips, sometimes cutted too bad, some broken, but sheer amount of games makes it quite unique.

200 best games. 19 discs. Rips, some "borrowed" from the forementioned collections, some original. Each disc have exactly 200 games, and there are thematic ones, so games often repeated from disc to disc.

So, if you want to dig in (semi)trash - you are welcome. ;)

Quote:

So, if you are eager to find something for us :) here is the quest: Popo Car, but that can be played. I never remembered how I got the game but it was not from internet. Had some fun with it and wanted to put it on abandonia. Later, al archives I found on net were not cracked and couldn't be played. It runs but can't play it properly because of protection. I do remember seeing both English and japanese version, though.
Sounds like the task. Thank you, I'll check it! :)

The current time is 12:16 PM (GMT)