Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   We Need Translators (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10089)

swiss 28-04-2006 08:22 PM

EDIT: Geänderte Liste!!!

Heya,

the German translation crew is currently suffering from much work in real life and so we are searching new talents for the site updates.

The procedure is like this:

1. choose a game from the list below you want to translate
2. make a post in THIS topic to tell the others what you are doing
3. translate the game review into german (found on the main site :D )
4. send the translation via PM to swiss, Grinder or Mr.Miau

Just think about all the glory you will earn when being named on the Abandonia Germany Frontpage! Take your chance and apply now!

:cheers:

---
here is the list:

Volfied
Winter Games
WWF European Rampage Tour
Yes Prime Minister
Zaxxon
Popeye 2
Race the Nags
Rad Warrior
Realms
S.C.Out

---

PS: If anyone of you needs this text in German then you probably shouldn't be translating at all. :bleh:

Stebbi 29-04-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss@Apr 28 2006, 08:22 PM
Heya,

the German translation crew is currently suffering from much work in real life and so we are searching new talents for the site updates.

Join the club!

natas 30-04-2006 11:19 PM

look here

Playbahnosh 01-05-2006 09:57 AM

um... I think this thread should be moved to the site announcments topic

natas 01-05-2006 11:06 PM

I will translate the GUILTY review to german. I start tomorrow. Now I have to sleep a little first. :yawn:

likeless 02-05-2006 12:38 AM

I would like to translate waxworks, hoping that the main thing is to get it in a understandable german and not to translate it literally

Boothby 02-05-2006 07:56 AM

Hi,

I will try to translate PROTOSTAR.

Cu.
Boothby

swiss 02-05-2006 01:39 PM

cool! :ok:

die übersetzungen müssen nicht zu 200% am original sein. manchmanl ist es sehrt schwierig die ganzen Witze wie "this game kicks behind" oder sowas gescheit zu translate. naja ihr solltet auch am besten nicht völlig von dem original abweichen... ihr macht das schon! :w00t:

PS: Ich reserviere hiermit : "Winter Olympics - Lillehammer 94" für "die_wildkatze" ...

natas 02-05-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss@May 2 2006, 03:39 PM
manchmanl ist es sehrt schwierig die ganzen Witze wie "this game kicks behind" oder sowas gescheit zu translate.
Why not? "Dieses Spiel schießt zurück" is funny in german too. :D

Btw, the GUILTY review has to be rewritten in english. I will translate that when it is finished. In the meantime i will translate the GENE MACHINE review.

Wildkatz 03-05-2006 01:27 PM

So Jungs & Mädels bin jetzt auch endlich angemeldet. Hoffe ihr habt meine Übersetzung zu Winter Olympics - Lillehammer 94 schon per E-Mail erhalten ;)

Ok guys and girl, finally im registered too. I hope you received my translation for the game "Winter Olympics - Lillehammer 94" ;)

Edit: i try to translate "Qix" now...

natas 03-05-2006 05:28 PM

Hey, what's the matter? Yesterday evening I sent you my translation, it still not on the site :ranting: ... hurry up, hurry up. :D

wake up swiss :twisted:

swiss 04-05-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by natas@May 3 2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, what's the matter? Yesterday evening I sent you my translation, it still not on the site :ranting: ... hurry up, hurry up. :D

wake up swiss :twisted:

temper temper young fellow .... :D

Your's is due tomorrow (and the day after the day after tomorrow)! I swear!

BTW: Thank you ALL for your submissions so far!

If you are continuing like that I see you all in the special translation forum in the future ... :max:

natas 04-05-2006 06:48 PM

Young fellow? I feel flattered. ;)

Wildkatz 08-05-2006 07:20 PM

Wird das jetzt noch was oder hab ich bis jetzt alles für die Katz übersetzt? Seh immer noch keine Übersetzungen auf der deutschen Seite.

Playbahnosh 09-05-2006 06:59 PM

Um... I don't want to ruin the party BUT
You are braking some rules here... posting in english for one, and I think this thread belongs to the Impontant Announcments forum...

But then again, it could just be me :P

Wildkatz 09-05-2006 07:15 PM

Why must we germans learn english and why musnt't the english people learn german language? this world is so unfair...

just kidding :P

Playbahnosh 09-05-2006 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wildkatz@May 9 2006, 08:15 PM
Why must we germans learn english and why musnt't the english people learn german language? this world is so unfair...

just kidding :P

:blink:

Huh?
In case you haven't noticed, I'm not English. And neither the majority of the forum. I'm Hungarian BTW. And yes, my friend, if you want to communicate with us here, you must do it in English language. Or at least this is what the Forum Rules say anyway :whistle:

natas 09-05-2006 09:11 PM

Hey Playbahnosh, you're talking to a lady!

I wondered about people writing german also, but since this topic only is ment for german people, all the ohter people (including you) shouldn't care. It seems a little stupid for me talking english to a german if I'm a german myself :omg:

Wildkatz 09-05-2006 09:33 PM

Wie ich diese "Besserwisser" und "Weltverbesserer" hasse. Ganz ehrlich.

Versteht der Kleine nicht, das ich nen Witz gemacht hab? :bleh:

Quote:

And yes, my friend
I don't know you, so please don't call me your 'friend', thank you.

Dino 09-05-2006 09:37 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you shouldn't talk strictly in German in Blah, Blah, Blah forum and that it's only allowed in Translation forum.

Wildkatz 09-05-2006 09:50 PM

Hätte net gedacht das "Oldgame-Freaks" so stocksteif sind, erinnert mich an meine alten Lehrer O.o

Ich sende Swiss noch die letzte Übersetzung und dann könnt ihr euren Kram wieder alleine erledigen.

Tut mir Leid, aber mir gefällts hier schon nicht mehr -_-

Tom Henrik 09-05-2006 10:03 PM

Es tut mir leid, aber wir haben Regeln für diesem Forum. Sie können Deutch nur im das Übersetzer Forum sprechen. Dieses Forum ist für alle die Leute die diesen Site besucht. Deswegen müssen alle im English schreiben, sonst versteht ja keiner nichts.

Translation:
I'm sorry, but we have rules for this forum. The only place German is allowed, is in the Translator Forum. This forum is used by everyone that visits our site. Which is why everyone needs to write in English, as noone would understand anything if we didn't.

Playbahnosh 09-05-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wildkatz@May 9 2006, 10:33 PM
Wie ich diese "Besserwisser" und "Weltverbesserer" hasse. Ganz ehrlich.

Versteht der Kleine nicht, das ich nen Witz gemacht hab? :bleh:

Quote:

And yes, my friend
I don't know you, so please don't call me your 'friend', thank you.

Das ist kein Deutsche Forum, so bitte unterhaltet in English. Ich spreche gar nicht gut Deutsch, aber ich bin keine "Besserwisser", nur einer Mensch dass verständliche Unterhaltung möchtet.

And I didn't meant to hurt your feeling calling you 'friend', just wanted to be friendly that's all. But feel free to feel insulted, jeeeez <_<

swiss 10-05-2006 05:15 AM

whaaa .... where is this going ?

noone offended anyone here, did someone?

you people should really think about what to take personal ...

anyway... if you want to leave Wildkatz I am quite sorry for your translations were good ones and unfortunately we haven't had the time to got known to each other ... maybe you overthink it all again ....

---

for all non germans here is the explaination why this topic is in 3xBlah

1. most frequented forum
2. ppl don't need special rights to access this forum (like par ex the Translation forum)
3. comments suggestions feels wrong for me ...

so coz I do not want to ask Kosta "please make these 10 ppl Translators pllleeeezzeee" again and again I thought it could be wiser to manage it this way - obviously I was wrong. Oh BTW we had some "Happy Brithday" threads with native non-english languages ... what about those ?! :blink:

but well if someone wants to feel offended: I hope you enjoy it ...

for all the others: :D :cheers:

swiss 11-05-2006 06:18 PM

just to bring this back to the front (sorry for the doublepost) ...

I updated the "free games" list on the first page .......... :whistle:

Wildkatz 12-05-2006 08:39 AM

Winter Olympics - Lillehammer 94
Road Hog

Translated by me so you can delete them from the list.

swiss 12-05-2006 04:04 PM

done .... :ok:

likeless 13-05-2006 07:17 AM

I just printed Guilty for taking it with me today - and start to translate it. The review contains a huge amount of words, so I'll probably need some time.
If Hannibal is still waiting to be translated then, I'll take that, too.

I am glad that I saw this (thread? - oh my god, I don't know anything about forum and rules etc, I just came here to browse through). So from my view, it wasn't wrong to place "We need translators" here, otherwise I probably would not have stumbled on the list ;-)

natas 13-05-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by likeless@May 13 2006, 09:17 AM
I just printed Guilty for taking it with me today - and start to translate it. The review contains a huge amount of words, so I'll probably need some time.

The Guilty review has to be rewritten in english first, because it was taken from an other site. - And I occupied it for me already. :whistle:

Read the whole thread carefully, if you want to know what exactly is going on.

likeless 13-05-2006 08:12 PM

just wanted to make you hurry up ;-)

Thank you for sparing me from useless work + disappointment. Maybe "guilty" should be deleted from the list then?
btw: I read the whole thread, but only thing I remembered were that you needed sleep. Don't ask me why, but that sticked in my memory

swiss 15-05-2006 03:56 PM

zur Info:
(just to let you know)

Quote:

WILDKATZ:
ich werde die tage "Halls.of.Montezuma-Translation.txt" übersetzen
(I am going to translate Halls of Montezuma within the next few days)

[b]

Wildkatz 15-05-2006 04:24 PM

Hi Translaters,

i just forgot to say: i translate Hannibal, too.

Cya
:bye:

Update: Done. You can now delete them from the list. Cya.
Update2: Volfied translated by me, too. Swiss gonna update it soon, i hope...

slx 10-12-2010 04:06 AM

Do you need one more Hungarian translator?

Hello there,
I've seen there are 3 Hungarian translators but if you want one more I could be that one.
But I have a question.
I have to translate simply the original review of games
or do I write my opinion about them?
I wait for your answer!
Best regards!

The Fifth Horseman 10-12-2010 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 418703)
Hello there,
I've seen there are 3 Hungarian translators but if you want one more I could be that one.
But I have a question.
I have to translate simply the original review of games
or do I write my opinion about them?
I wait for your answer!
Best regards!

Translate the original.

slx 10-12-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 418712)
Translate the original.

Thanks for your answer! How can I translate them?

Translate them and do I send you or any administrator in PM?

The Fifth Horseman 10-12-2010 10:25 PM

The translations are handled by the Translator group.
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/pro...editusergroups <- use this to apply for translator status. Once accepted, you will see the Translator forum, and in it a guide on adding translations to the site by yourself.

slx 11-12-2010 09:49 AM

Alright! Thank you for your help, again!

edit:
Yes, I see that I'm a member of the translator group now
in the Forums - User Control Panel - Group Memberships.
BUT
I don't see the 'Translator forum' anywhere. Where should it be?

edit v2:
Please, someone tell me where can I find that forum!

Dave 14-12-2010 10:41 AM

Your profile hasn't problems, you should see it:
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=26

The current time is 01:04 AM (GMT)