Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why Did You Join? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7311)

SupSuper 22-09-2005 05:52 PM

I came for the work (translations), and stayed for the fun :P

taikara 22-09-2005 05:58 PM

I joined because I had found pretty much the entire Sierra collection here (my lovelies), and registered to suggest someone add Wishbringer, because it's one of my favorite games ever (note the reviewer :P )

They had an art section, and everyone was so nice (unusual on a site-connected forum, imho), I just stayed. :)

DeathDude 22-09-2005 06:01 PM

I believe I was surfing around one day and was like whoa check out the games here some ones I always wanted to try and some I already have played back in the day then checked out the forum starting posting away and it was a nice community all around and well 9 months later still here. :D

SupSuper 22-09-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by taikara@Sep 22 2005, 06:58 PM
I joined because I had found pretty much the entire Sierra collection here (my lovelies), and registered to suggest someone add Wishbringer, because it's one of my favorite games ever (note the reviewer :P )

They had an art section, and everyone was so nice (unusual on a site-connected forum, imho), I just stayed. :)

Hehe I also found this website looking for Sierra games, got them all before they got taken down. And with the help of other websites I got all the LSL, KQ, PQ and SQ games :D (though I think I'm missing a modern SQ game)

Kon-Tiki 22-09-2005 06:07 PM

I stumbled upon this place through a friend of mine, who isn't a member, but regularly checks the site itself. Found all the games I was looking for for years here, made a few steps into the forum (check the Stunts-thread in Game Discussion :bleh: ), then finally registered, to ask how I could submit games... and eventually stayed, as the attitude towards certain games was what I lacked in so many other games sites (but that changed after an incident) Now I'm stuck here, and can't imagine never having registered here :D

efthimios 22-09-2005 06:18 PM

I first found this site I think a couple of years ago or even more, never checked the forums, and quickly left. I forgot about it and once I was trying to get some help on Xcom, found this site by accident (forgotten about it and all), and checked the forums where I posted my first question/post as a registered user.
After that I stayed because I am a gamer, I like older games and thought that I could help others with questions they might have. The rest is history.

Himmler 22-09-2005 06:29 PM

i knew abandonia since 2001 but only registered in 2005

Chuck the plant 22-09-2005 06:34 PM

Take my username and guess which game got me here... made the first posts in the corresponding topic as a guest (but same name) and dedided to stay mostly to pi** some people off... :angel: :sneaky: :D

Tom Henrik 22-09-2005 06:39 PM

I wanted to say "thank you for UFO: Enemy Unknown", and I'll bugger off when I think I have said it loud enough ;)

Doubler 22-09-2005 06:48 PM

After looking over the archive, I believe I found this site somewhere between february and march 2003, after looking for Turoid (which I didn't actually find on the site, by the way :P). At that time I was limited by a dreadful internet connection which I only had access to during the weekends, and besides that I was new to the internet. As such I didn't really check/know about the forums.
I kept returning to the site for some reason (sorry that I can't be more specific, I guess I just loved the site :P ), and eventually I decided to join out of respect for it. I still didn't have the connection to participate in the forums, so I made only one post during that time, if I recall correctly. It's still there in the Star Trek 25th Anniversary discussion thread. Because I didn't know how to use forums I kind of forgot to log in, though, so it's registered as a guest :P

And then it came to pass that we upgraded our i-net connection, and a whole new world opened for me. I could finaly read the forums whenever I wanted to :w00t: (and not to mention: download what I wanted to :angel: )
I believe the first post I made with that better connection (allthough I'm not entirely sure about that) was one to rectify a little mistake Sebatianos made in his review of Shadows of Mordor :angel: (it's still not fixed, by the way :whistle: )
Thanks for not hating me for that, Sebatianos :ok:

Anyway, I started learning about the forums, I started to get to know the members (allthough some members from that time seem to have dissappeared :( ), and I started to post (a bit) more. I kind of stuck to these forums after that.

I took my first forum steps on this site, and I don't think I could've had better luck in that :ok:

Oh, and sorry for the lengthy post :)

The current time is 02:57 AM (GMT)