Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Trash Can (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Suggestion: don't waste your time I.P. banning (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21798)

MasterandCommander-Guest 01-10-2009 11:01 AM

Suggestion: don't waste your time I.P. banning

I have a limitless supply of Internet protocol addresses, for the amount of posts I choose to post.

This is a suggestion: in no way does it infer I'm at all at any inconvenience by your actions.

If you take a Pavlov's form of satisfaction from doing it, then I suggest you seek therapy, because that's highly irrational, as there's no real positive reinforcement, as it does nothing, to the desired effect.

Dave 01-10-2009 11:04 AM

Go ahead then, it seems you have lot of time to waste.
As every community we have rules, if you don't respect them we can't allow you to post.

Test for moderation 01-10-2009 12:04 PM

test for moderation

Master Commander sucks
Dave =)

arete 01-10-2009 12:19 PM

You must be like the party guest who gets drunk, puts a lampshade on his head, tells dirty jokes to the spinster aunts and eats all the crab sticks, then acts incredulous when the host tells him the party's over and everyone wants to go to bed.

Some people just don't get the hint. If you want to steal other people's hard work and not pay them for it, go do it somewhere else. Please.

bobson 01-10-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterandCommander-Guest (Post 384445)
I have a limitless supply of Internet protocol addresses, for the amount of posts I choose to post.

Global amount of IP's is limited, you can't get above that :)

hunvagy 01-10-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob-satan (Post 384468)
Global amount of IP's is limited, you can't get above that :)

Mabe he's a cyborg troll from the future, using IPv7 or even IPv8.. :mhh:

Lulu_Jane 01-10-2009 01:16 PM

There he sits, far below the surface in the bowels of the earth. Deep within the dank and festering cave known to those few who dare speak it's name as The Basement Parentes.

"Limitless IP's, LIMITLESS!" he cackles to himself repeatedly, as he mashes the keyboard with his tumescent and filth encrusted fingers.

"The Internet must know what I think about Settlers 2 Gold!" he squeals, his voice rising like the scream of a dying pig. His brow begins to sweat. In the corner of his dark hovel a phalanx of collectible anime figurines stare forlornly down at him from a shelf - they are doomed to watch this fetid tableaux for all eternity.

Far, far above the sun is shining. The leaves are turning to rich reds and orange in the Autumn air. Lovers walk arm in arm in the park talking sweetness to one another. A dog bounds across the lawn chasing a bright blue ball. The world keeps happily turning.

Luchsen 01-10-2009 02:16 PM

He won't get far anymore, thus we can close this thread.

The Fifth Horseman 01-10-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterandCommander-Guest (Post 384445)

And again a research FAIL. There is a finite number of proxies, therefore a finite number of adresses you can use. At some point you will run out.

Quote:

This is a suggestion: in no way does it infer I'm at all at any inconvenience by your actions.
This is a statement of a fact: When visiting someone in their house, you have to follow their rules while you're there or leave.

In the same vein, when using our forum you have to follow our rules or have a meeting with the banstick. Repeated, if you continue returning and being a nuisance.

Incidentally, a blatant attempt to violate site policy followed by an attempt to ridicule said policy using entirely faulty arguments qualifies as being a nuisance.

The current time is 07:19 AM (GMT)