Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Cold Cases (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   I Think I'm Going To Spontaneously Combust (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10712)

joffeloff 16-06-2006 07:40 PM

I'm thinking of a strategy game.. I believe there was a blue and a red side, definitely blue. You could buy tanks and artillery and stuff. It had really crude graphics and I think it was released by Sierra. It was played via MSDOS.

I really need some help remembering this game - I was four years old when I last saw it. <_<

a1s 16-06-2006 11:27 PM

here is a guess: Front lines.
It's Red Vs Blue. it has artilery and tanks (and offcurse it has stuff :D).
and allthough it's not by sierra, there is a pretty slim chance anything you'll find for download will be.

Bobbin Threadbare 17-06-2006 04:34 AM

It sounds like Red Alert (red=soviet blue=allies). Still not a Sierra game.

Eagle of Fire 17-06-2006 06:06 AM

That's probably Battle Isle. Or Battle Isle 2.

velik_m 17-06-2006 06:44 AM

The perfect general or The perfect general 2?

Tom Henrik 17-06-2006 08:43 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a1s @ Jun 16 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]237245[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

and allthough it's not by sierra, there is a pretty slim chance anything you'll find for download will be.
[/b]
Front Lines was made by Impression which is was a company owned by Sierra ;)

Elon Yariv 17-06-2006 10:41 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom Henrik @ Jun 17 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]237293[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a1s @ Jun 16 2006, 11:27 PM) [snapback]237245[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Front Lines was made by Impression which is was a company owned by Sierra ;)
[/b][/quote]

So? Maybe joffe doesn't know Immpression developed the game? I once thought Sierra developed the Half-life series and lord of magic and all those games... untill recently when I found out Sierra hardly developes any thing.

Joffe: Can you give a better description of the game. I can think on many games with blue and red sides fighting against each other with tanks, artileries...ect Published by Sierra is a good start.(narrows it down and removes games like Z and red alert from the list)

Was it real time strategy?(like the Command and Conquer(C&C) series) Was it just a plain strategy or a uniqe one?(by plain I mean one like C&C and uniqe is one like Z(It doesn't have money, you don't harvest anything, the map is split into regions and to control them you need to capture flags))

Or was it turn based like Steel Panthers 1&2?

joffeloff 24-06-2006 12:32 PM

I'm really sorry, but I was very young when I played this and I can't remember many details. I think it was turn-based.

It had way worse graphics than those you guys have linked to - the vehicles themselves were blue and red instead of camouflage patterns or colours.

The Fifth Horseman 26-06-2006 09:35 AM

Battle Isle 2 fits the description, I think.

chainsoar 28-06-2006 06:30 PM

Maybe this title is just stuck in my head 'cause I've been spending the last hour or so trying to download it somewhere, but it reminds me of Z. I know that's a Bitmap Brothers game, and not Sierra, but still, I felt like saying my piece.

The current time is 08:41 PM (GMT)