Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Pizza Tycoon (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=233)

Kosta 22-05-2004 10:38 PM

Pizza Tycoon

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

LotharGR 22-05-2004 10:47 PM

hehe... This game makes me feel hungry :P

Tom Henrik 22-05-2004 11:01 PM

I know the feeling...
I crave a pizza every time I play it :P

gregor 23-05-2004 03:52 PM

the recepies i downloaded have strange file format. mht?
i triedopening it in html and in explorer it's strange while in netscape it's ok at least the first part but it ends with lots of numbers and letters like there should be a picture on that spot or something.... strange

otherwise it's a nice game but only to be played with full stomach.

FreeFreddy 23-05-2004 03:59 PM

Hey, I saved my pizza for tomorrow. Well... Why not... 8)

DeathCore 09-06-2004 09:55 PM

Nice game, I actually own..well...owned the original [I lost it during a moving pretty recently]

Say, how do you get people to your place? I used to have something like that in the old days by coincidence...

eric10051981 10-06-2004 11:07 AM

you gotta look at the trend.. try to make pizza with trend ingredients and try to set the channel of the tv and jukebox music.. kids love the first music and channel on the list and so forth.. sorry i forgot the names coz it's been a while since i last played.. i finished the game actually and became a king with lotsa money.. :D

DeathCore 11-06-2004 01:00 AM

but i first need to ATTRACT The customers, no?
how to do THAT?

eric10051981 11-06-2004 02:31 AM

well, usually i played the dark side of the pizza tycoon first, that is to become a godfather or at least a rank below godfather.. after that there won't be any annoying gangster asking for protection money and you can access the missions to earn more money.. money laundring was the easiest, quickest and least risky if you asked me.. :P just do some depositing at the nearest bank to some bank account.. i once got 300k just doing that in less than 1 minute.. :D

now that you got money, try to find a place, either you buy it or rent it, that got the largest population around. you can see the information at the right column.. and as i said before, try to make a 'trendy' pizza and make lots of variation.. i once got about 30-40 recipes (which i made myself) and as the result i got a branch with monthly income of, roughly, 80-100k :D

hope this helps.. :)

Tom Henrik 11-06-2004 03:42 AM

Or you could simply download the Starters Manual that I wrote for the game. It has a topic called "attracting customers"...

DeathCore 11-06-2004 06:53 PM

I read it, and all it says there is advertising :s
Or am i missing a part?

Tom Henrik 11-06-2004 07:00 PM

Advertising is an important factor!

Also, check your menu to see if you have one or more pizzas with a negative trend score. If so, remove these at once!!

And you can also try to create a completely new pizza using only the most trendy food available, so you get a pizza with a trend score of 125!

All of this is in the manual. You just have to read all of it :wink:
(Don't be alarmed, the manual is not that big!)

DeathCore 11-06-2004 07:43 PM

where to get those weapons when you do arm deals?

Tom Henrik 11-06-2004 08:05 PM

You call the shop and they deliver.

Look in the latest chapter in the manual.

DeathCore 11-06-2004 08:08 PM

k, i found the manual somewhere...
but i havn't got to the point yet to get revived/get health back

Tom Henrik 12-06-2004 05:25 AM

You can't get it back.
It's gone for ever.

Anonymous 12-06-2004 07:34 AM

Multiplayer?

Just a quick clarification: the description page for this game says "Multiplayer: No", even though Pizza Tycoon actually does support multiplayer (but only hotseat, IIRC).

eric10051981 23-06-2004 03:05 AM

Quote:

You can't get it back.
It's gone for ever.

IIRC, you can get back your health.. :)

the trick is to take a holiday.. if you take a 30 days holiday, i think that would make your health go back to 100.. :D deathcore already asked me about it and since i didn't see any description about taking holiday at your manual, i might as well explain it here.. :wink:

to take a holiday is very easy, though.. go to the character screen and look for a small white circle near your name plate.. it's the hotel bell.. :) click on it once and you'll be asked for confirmation on going on a holiday.. next is to set how many days you are going to take.. minimum of 2 days and maximum of 30 days.. after you choose take a holiday, you can go around doing anything you want for quite some time coz it's kinda a long time before you can get to the action again.. and the most important thing is to have a very good manager first so you won't ended up broke when you return from your holiday.. :evil:

happy holiday y'all 8)

Tom Henrik 23-06-2004 05:25 AM

:shock: Thanks! :D

I did not know that. Let me include it in the manual, so that other people who will download it in the future will not have any problems with their health...

:D

eric10051981 23-06-2004 05:35 AM

sure.. glad i could help.. :)

BrokenAngel 07-07-2004 04:26 PM

pizza and more pizza pls...lolz

Madow 02-10-2004 10:10 PM

I can't get the sound going, HELP ME :cry:

aaberg 02-10-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Madow@Oct 2 2004, 10:10 PM
I can't get the sound going, HELP ME :cry:
Are you using Dosbox or VDMS? If not, try to download one of them from the utility section. It is most likely to work in dosbox, but will probably also work with VDMS. :)

Madow 03-10-2004 09:25 AM

When I was trying to install this on XP the sound just could'nt work :cry:

aaberg 03-10-2004 09:41 AM

It's an old dosgame, so it cannot run with sound in XP. You need to run the game in dosbox or VDMS. Then the sound will probably work.

marko river 04-10-2004 08:17 AM

Extraordinaru game. Spent days and days with this one.
Favourite part was when I tried little testings just for fun. I bought a large local (long live the godfather) and put that idiotic green carpet and idiotic green tables with lots of colors. I think that some new chairs appeared in meanwhile (at that time a lot of time has gone) so maybe I just dreamed all of that, but I know that there aren't those kind of chairs at the begining. They look jus like those idiotic tables. Offcourse, place was in the hood with a lot of kids. So, I bought jukebox and started tehno music. If you have sound, you just have to hear that one. So, comments of the kids was either that place is out of this world or that it sucks. Offcourse, older people wandered what is that noise coming out of the jukebox. Well, I think it became my best visited pizza place, and everything was idiotic and noise. Man that was funny :lol:

ecdybdal 24-11-2004 02:49 PM

I´ve downloaded Pizza Tycoon, but im confused about how to start the game. I´ve got XP. So what should i click on, to get it up and running? :help:

Rogue 24-11-2004 03:06 PM

First of all get DOSBox, install it and try to use it. Then select one folder on your hard disk and mount it in DOSBox as C drive. Extract the game you like to it in it's own folder.

From there use DOS commands (CD - change directory, DIR - list directory, two of most important ones) and change directory to game you like to play and then list directory. If there is Install or Setup, run first that (by just typing that), set sound in there to SB16, and then type game executable.

That's about it. :D

James MArshall Spruill 29-12-2004 01:25 AM

I have pizza tycoon installed on a 400mhz win98+ coputer (not my only coputer but my best one for older games) and im having a problem. whenever i try to run the program it comes up full screen and works fine for 2 secconds then goes to window and the games has a fit saying it needs to be in full screen mode. ive tried everything i know and it still does that and trying to acess it from dos it refuses to even open the program and am pretty shure im typing the file path. please help please :wall:

Tom Henrik 29-12-2004 02:08 AM

If you have other computers, try downloading DosBox on one of them and run the game in it.

Borodin 31-12-2004 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by James MArshall Spruill@Dec 29 2004, 02:25 AM
I have pizza tycoon installed on a 400mhz win98+ coputer (not my only coputer but my best one for older games) and im having a problem. whenever i try to run the program it comes up full screen and works fine for 2 secconds then goes to window and the games has a fit saying it needs to be in full screen mode. ive tried everything i know and it still does that and trying to acess it from dos it refuses to even open the program and am pretty shure im typing the file path. please help please :wall:
...and works fine for 2 secconds then goes to window and the games has a fit saying it needs to be in full screen mode. ive tried everything i know and it still does that and trying to acess it from dos it refuses to even open the program and am pretty shure im typing the file path. please help please

Create a shortcut to run it, click on the shortcut's properties, and check-off the box to maximize the screen. See if that works.

quatroking 25-01-2005 06:31 PM

I have a fone number of a armdealer:
(works only in new York)
its Weapons United.

And uhh... if you don't know how you get weapons, buy icecream...
(you get it? They says after you have buy it: be careful! this ice is hot!)

arctangent 27-02-2005 08:25 PM

Just a little remark to the review...

Microprose didn't CREATE the game. It was a popular German game back then, called "Pizza Connection" by Software 2000.
Those were the creators.
Microprose just bought it and brought it to international success.

Borodin 28-02-2005 02:56 AM

Maybe I missed something, but--did someone claim otherwise? :blink:

neight108 01-03-2005 12:02 AM

the best way to increase your money...

visit various cities or buy info to find out prices of arms...

buy arms cheap...

move to a different city and sell for as much as possible...
:ok:

i believe that you can only do this a max of 2-3 times a day. beware though, doing this majorly increases your chances of getting caught by police...so make sure you have some spare cash to pay a fine if needed.

Guest 01-03-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Borodin@Feb 28 2005, 03:56 AM
Maybe I missed something, but--did someone claim otherwise? :blink:
Read the review:

"Microprose has succeeded in creating a game that is fun, inventive and new."

Chris 01-03-2005 01:14 PM

according to mobygames it actually was a company named Cyber Corporation who developed the game. software 2000 did the publishing for europe (especially germany), microprose for the U.S. the original title was "Pizza Connection".

Pizza Tycoon release data

Borodin 01-03-2005 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Mar 1 2005, 01:37 PM
Read the review:

"Microprose has succeeded in creating a game that is fun, inventive and new."

Well, that's just silly. ;) Most companies don't make the games they release these days; and even Microprose in its heyday issued a number of titles it never developed in-house. It always pays to do a little investigative research online to get background info about a game.

Guest_Matt 06-03-2005 02:40 AM

Oh great Ultra Smuf, where can I find your starters guide?

This game is great but it's pretty complicated to get started.

Guest_Matt 07-03-2005 02:14 AM

OK, so I found Ultra Smurf's starter's guide (in the most obvious place that I didn't look, duh). I'm still having trouble with the game, though.

I've tried following the guide to the letter, although I've found that excess advertising can be adverse to profitability. I've tried abandoning the guide and experimenting on my own. Every time, though, I have alot of trouble making my restaurant profitable.

Should I open another restaurant before my first one is turning a profit?

Is the average 200 customers per day that I've been seeing not enough to turn a profit in most cases?

How much should I charge per pizza? (I've been charging about $4 over cost with a minimum of $8 and that seems to be doing OK)

What could I be missing?

My biggest problem is that, in every single game, after about 1 month, my store(s) just stop attracting customers. All of a sudden I stop selling pizzas, as if all of my customers just disappeared. What the hell is this?

I'd really appreciate anybody who can help.

-Matt

P.S.: Nebuchadnezzar (David?) you need to get Dosbox to run dos-based games on WinXP (see above posts).

Servo 16-03-2005 11:48 PM

This is one of my favorite games of all time and I am surprised at the lack of respect it gets from the gaming community. I haven’t seen too much down talk here but I am amazed this game isn’t considered one of the best business sims of all time or at least thought of as one of the top tycoon games. At least then you would see it in one of the big packs of tycoon games and hopefully we would have seen a remake by now. The amount of time and effort put into this game along with the multiple levels upon which it can be enjoyed is quite an accomplishment. I can remember playing many hours designing my shop taking over the market buying plenty of lemon ice cream and destroying all my competition with a little help from the local mafia of course. Then when I have made the perfect pizzas and have everything going for me I deposit my money in a bank run by Michael Jackson or Nikita Kruschev. I love this game so here is a little tip. If you just want to play around make a character take out a few loans save the character and make a new game with that char. It will give you a good base and help you learn the game. I still do hope for a remake of this game but sadly I think it may be lost among the never remade dos classics.

lovingthesite 04-04-2005 01:09 AM

This is quite a game and there is more to it than you'd think. In the beginning I was losing about $3000 a day no matter what I tried. Couldn't make a go of it at all. Finally realized that the advertising fee is not a one shot charge but a DAILY fee for seven days Thanks for the "gun running" tip. It helped a lot!

Now I'm having the same problem as Guest_Matt. I'm zipping along serving 420 pizza a day with two chefs, two waiters, good recipes and a 37 percent of the market. Suddenly, no one comes in. Not a single customer. Supplies are fine. Larder is full. The bottom just drops out. Everything else is the same. It's frustrating.

Also, I found a wonderful tip and help site through Googling. Even your furniture choices affect scoring. If I'm permitting to post the URL:

http://www.pizzatycoon.org/index3.html

Kindly delete, Monitors, if this is not permitted.

Much as I love the game, it's getting to me. Iit's not fun to put a lot of work into a shop if, at any minute, everything may haywire. Sure, sure, I'll be right back at it tomorrow. LOL

Enjoying all the posts. Gamers are good people.

Gejmer Božo 04-04-2005 07:38 AM

I've never had problems with money. Maybe becouse I smuggled weapons so much :D

Pizza Muncher 08-04-2005 05:40 PM

Just wondering how I can find my players Bank account numbers? I'm trying to transfer money from one players account into another. How do I get the account number?

Leiko 17-04-2005 09:28 AM

I have configured and installed Pizza Tycoon and am running it on DOSBOX. However, when I start the game, the credits follow, and follow and follow :) The game does not seem to start, and I just get a repeat of all the credits. Is there anything I can do?

Misty55 09-05-2005 03:35 AM

Is there anyone who can tell me what each Jury member judges you on...cause every Pizza I make, the second to last guy ALWAYS gives me a 0 and I don't know why T_T

Also..how do you raise the popularity of your shop...I can't seem to get it even into the popular numbers...it's always -14 or -26 or something...even after adding new recipes to the list and competing against people. And how do you know what furnature people like, cause it seems that no matter what I use, no body likes it, even if it's good quality >_<

fumantsu 29-05-2005 02:22 PM

I have see a strange think. Either running the game from DosBox either directly from windows xp the starting year is 1995. The missions starts in year 1994. So you can't play any mission. Has anyone see this?

Evil dog 02-06-2005 08:41 PM

Hey how can i sa ve the character not the game or the mision? :help:

luxurious 03-06-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Misty55@May 9 2005, 03:35 AM
Is there anyone who can tell me what each Jury member judges you on...cause every Pizza I make, the second to last guy ALWAYS gives me a 0 and I don't know why T_T

Also..how do you raise the popularity of your shop...I can't seem to get it even into the popular numbers...it's always -14 or -26 or something...even after adding new recipes to the list and competing against people. And how do you know what furnature people like, cause it seems that no matter what I use, no body likes it, even if it's good quality >_<

you can raise your popularity by advertising and the popularity is higher with more stars of your restaurants too... you can bribe senator if you have good status

Guest 07-06-2005 11:34 PM

how do you use the weapons in your competition's shop? i can walk around in there with it, but not much else.

mindtwirl 27-06-2005 02:15 AM

I just did to missions for the mafia, and it went quite fine.
I got info about a place to pick up stuff, and about a place to deliver it. But on the third one, they asked me to get 7 poison spray (or something like that), and bring it to some place at a certain date. I didn't have a clute where to get the poison spray from! :blink: At the weapon shop, there is no such thing as poison spray, sa far as I can tell. None of the ice creams, and none of the joke articles..
So can someone please explain, where to get those things that they don't give you a location on, and that's not to be found in the weapon shop.. or????? :eeeeeh:

Immortal Beloved 15-07-2005 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nebuchadnezzar@Mar 6 2005, 09:30 PM
:help:* :help:* :help:

Whenever I run ANY game on this website, it says "Unsuitable for this sytem" And I look and I see Windows XP Compat. I have a windows XP! Why isn't it working?
Help! Thanks.

did you try VDMS? :tomato:

Immortal Beloved 15-07-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mindtwirl@Jun 27 2005, 02:15 AM
I just did to missions for the mafia, and it went quite fine.
I got info about a place to pick up stuff, and about a place to deliver it. But on the third one, they asked me to get 7 poison spray (or something like that), and bring it to some place at a certain date. I didn't have a clute where to get the poison spray from! :blink: At the weapon shop, there is no such thing as poison spray, sa far as I can tell. None of the ice creams, and none of the joke articles..
So can someone please explain, where to get those things that they don't give you a location on, and that's not to be found in the weapon shop.. or????? :eeeeeh:

I had the same thing too!... :eeeeeh:

Karen 25-07-2005 02:34 AM

the icecreams are all the weapons :wall: lemon is bombs, well that's all I ever cared about but one of the other three is the poison..

Karen 25-07-2005 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pizza Muncher@Apr 8 2005, 05:40 PM
Just wondering how I can find my players Bank account numbers? I'm trying to transfer money from one players account into another. How do I get the account number?
they are their numbers, eg if you are the first player your bank account is 111111

although it was almost covered, I just wanted to say the way I found best to make money, is to select atleast two players, one being you (Elvis Bailey my personal favorite) and the other(s) being Sheik, some lousy arab :blink: who has 100,000 bux.
Put your good guy on vacay for like a week (even though he already has good health) and take out a loan or two with Sheiky. Also, get loans from the mob by telling them you need money urgently. this way when you're done with Sheiky they will take care of him for you.
Find the cheapest lemon icecream prices and buy as much as you can. Then fly to a place with expensive prices and make sure to unload them all. When you've made a considerable profit, shop around banks for good loans. (very varying, some may offer you 2 million and some may offer you 8 thousand or something) you can only take out like four loans so choose them wisely. Buy way more weapons this time and sell them :yawn: if you choose more than one Sheiky, you can put the other one on a short vacation so they alternately regain energy to do your bidding. Transfer Sheiky's millions (you can become a multimillionaire in a matter of minutes) to your good player's bank account and start your Pizza Empire in style.

Immortal Beloved 26-07-2005 08:27 PM

I have a question for you guys....I have other players stealing my money out of no where a couple of times! :eeeeeh: I'm wondering how did they do that? :ranting:

coffedocol 08-08-2005 09:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I love this game, and I used to play this when I was much younger. This time around I seem to be having a little trouble. I can't get any customers into my restaurant. I know that this is a common problem, so I read every tutorial online and followed people's various instructions, but they haven't worked yet. I have great recipes with very positive reviews and no negative trends. I have great reviews on furnishing too. I always start with -70 popularity for some reason. If I put in enough money in advertising I end up with about popularity 18. Shouldn't I be seeing actual customers at this point? Please help a frustrated fellow Pizza Tycoon fan.

bruno 09-08-2005 02:38 PM

your problem coffedocol is that you have open restaurants in places with lower people , before opening a store analyse the potencial customers to go to thre store,and find a area without rival places, that is easy , i finish the game with master in all. :Brain:

Shrek 22-08-2005 10:13 PM

@coffedocol: there is more about this than what my brother-in-law (little fish) said. i have a txt file that came with the game i have with some hints; i' ll try to post a few here:

SOLVING COMMON PROBLEMS:
------------------------

1. No customers come to my restaurant!

* Make sure you create enough (at least three) recipes that
have decent values on the popularity screen AND have
non-negative trends (shown in the status window when looking
at recipes).

* You need some floor covering, tiles or carpet - just
something people can properly walk on. If you leave your
restaurant with no floor covering (the way the restaurant
looks when you first see it) you'll get poor restaurant
popularity values; check 'customer ratings' in the
furnishing sub menu.

* You may be addressing the wrong ages. Check customer
statistics in the restaurant statistics sub menu, to see
which customer groups are in this area; the yellow bar
shows the potential customers for each group.

* Take a look at your furniture and ask yourself what kind
of people will feel comfortable here. Check 'customer
ratings' in the furnishing sub menu.

2. I keep getting the message, 'There aren't enough supplies
to satisfy the demand,' but I'm sure I've bought enough.

* You may have put a new recipe on your menu, causing a
need for ingredients not yet bought.

* Demand changes frequently. There may be a new trend
causing greater demand for a certain ingredient. Check the
demand value in your menu for each pizza selected and look
at what each Pizza needs.

* Supplies may be rotten, so would have been thrown in the
garbage. So check on the quality of each ingredient.

3. My manager is not going shopping properly, and I don't
know why!

* Make sure that in the manager menu you set the option
'Supply shortage' to 'act yourself' AND the option
'Shopping if needed' to 'yes'.

* Take a look at the motivation of the manager. The value
is equal to the probability in percent that he/she will go
shopping each day. So if your manager has a motivation of
only 75%, the probability for him/her to go shopping is
only 3 in 4. Give the manager more money to increase
motivation.

* The manager may be sick, like anybody else. This will
be shown in the manager menu.

* If your manager is on a course, he/she obviously cannot
go shopping. Again, this will be shown in the manager menu.

* If the option 'staff shortage' is set to 'act yourself'
and the manager has to assist either the cooks or the
waiters at their work, the manager will have no time to go
shopping that day.

* On rare occasions, it may be that the Supplier you told
the manager to use is temporarily out of stock. You can
check this if you have a central warehouse in that city or
if you try buying from the supplier yourself.

4. After you have bought some chairs, you may find that your
seating capacity does not match the number of chairs you
have. If this occurs, check to see that all of your chairs
are close enough to the tables.

People cannot eat at tables they cannot reach!

I hope this can help you a little more. enjoy the game :ok:

luxurious 23-08-2005 02:11 PM

I loved this game. I had one saved game, in which i had more than 200 restaurants and some of them had more than 1500 customers per day. I was proud. But then i got new PC and i lost all my good strategic games :wall:. Maybe once i will start again. Thank you abandonia, that u enable me play pizza tycoon again. :ok:

lumpi 06-09-2005 03:34 PM

excellent, excellent game!

I remember playing this with a friend in multiplayer mode for so many hours. There's always something to do - from opening new restaurants to baking pizza...

I never saw the "obvious flaws" some people talk about. The game is just very detailed and quite hard at times if you don't like extreme micro-management but that's not really a flaw. I wish the game was more popular. It would really deserve it!

unknown 17-10-2005 04:56 PM

I have just one question.

Is there a way to improve social status?

I was doing some works for mafia :angel: and i get cought on several occasions :whistle:.
Now i want to bake some pizzas but due to my social status i'm unable to buy or rent a restaurant.

Please help!

combatshotgun 10-11-2005 09:14 AM

This games is really great!
I have a problem with it, though.
I can't save the game!
After a few hours of hard work, I have to exit and start all over again tommorow.
When I save the game, the game says Couldn't find file or something like that.
What's wrong?

bruno 10-11-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by unknown@Oct 17 2005, 05:56 PM
I have just one question.

Is there a way to improve social status?

I was doing some works for mafia* :angel: and i get cought on several occasions* :whistle:.
Now i want to bake some pizzas but due to my social status i'm unable to buy or rent a restaurant.

Please help!

you have to open more restaurants and your social status and it´s go up. If you have so many times caught try to bribe the police. LOL

Guest_Andrei 12-11-2005 04:13 AM

Hey i got a question for you guys.... i heard that this was a really good game and i download it but everytime when i click on it to play i get the credits and then when i get the the start up menu *( where it shows save game, start new game, load game etc)* when i move the mouse the screen goes away and i can never get to play it can you guys please help me? I have no idea how i got to this website but i will try to get back on here, but can u guys post on here what i should do and also send me an email at e-mail removed (after 3 months) , name the email pizza tycoon thanks alot

Don't Call me Baby 09-12-2005 05:25 PM

Hey, i wonder if anyone could complete the cheat code for Pizza Tycoon (the one that's given by the mafia, when you ask for info). That code works?

Guest 09-01-2006 03:02 PM

I am one of those folks who have hated this game for years. I bought it thinking it was going to be a wonderful game since I liked almost every one of the Sim and Tycoon games.

Mind you the biggest reasons why I hated this game was that in order to add a pizza you had to copy the recipe exactly and if you stuck an ingredient half an inch in wrong spot it ruined it every bloody time even if you followed the ingredient ammounts perfectly. I don't know how anyone else could stand that limitation. :(

bruno 09-01-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Jan 9 2006, 05:02 PM
I am one of those folks who have hated this game for years. I bought it thinking it was going to be a wonderful game since I liked almost every one of the Sim and Tycoon games.

Mind you the biggest reasons why I hated this game was that in order to add a pizza you had to copy the recipe exactly and if you stuck an ingredient half an inch in wrong spot it ruined it every bloody time even if you followed the ingredient ammounts perfectly. I don't know how anyone else could stand that limitation. :(

After you do the book´s recipes you can make your own and sales. Problem Resolve. :wall:

GUNZas 28-01-2006 11:26 AM

on my opinion, this game is one of the best games in Abandonia. There is enough strategy and it is cool game...

Kearnsy 28-01-2006 01:37 PM

It is most definetly a great game.

Setting up the furniture in the restaurant is very annoying compared to Restaurant Empire (Also a cool game along the same theme...kinda)

Ps: Nice Avatar GUNZas! :D

bruno 28-01-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kearnsy@Jan 28 2006, 03:37 PM
It is most definetly a great game.

Setting up the furniture in the restaurant is very annoying compared to Restaurant Empire (Also a cool game along the same theme...kinda)

Ps: Nice Avatar GUNZas! :D

but making your own receipts, and created a big empire, that the beuty of this game... :max:

bruno 11-02-2006 11:37 PM

I want to make money to open a good shop, how?

bruno 12-02-2006 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bruno@Feb 12 2006, 01:37 AM
Try to work to the mafia, or go buy food and try to sell more expensive and you will have more money..... :ok:

olufsen 15-02-2006 09:30 PM

This is the game I was playing for ages. It's my very favourite one. I love tycoons since that time. It is so complex, there are many things to do and sure baking pizza is not the only one here.

I wish someone would have done a remake with high resolution graphics (I don't mean Pizza Connection 2 or whatever name the so called sequel had).

kajjj 15-02-2006 09:36 PM

somehow I just can't imagine a remake...

this game rules!

but, on the other hand, improved graphics...
You are right :ok:

ronjan41 16-03-2006 03:21 AM

hi,
Someone asked how to save the game but there has been no reply. It is frustrating having to start all over again!
How do you save the game?

luxurious 25-03-2006 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ronjan41@Mar 16 2006, 04:21 AM
hi,
Someone asked how to save the game but there has been no reply. It is frustrating having to start all over again!
How do you save the game?

When u are in a city u simple click on the diskette button (right panel) or u tap "9". Then click save... click as game... click new game.... write the save name.... tap enter :D ....and the game is saved!

I love this game. I can play it again and again....This month I start it once more time. Today I have my pizza chain in Berlin (15 restaurants), Rome (20), Madrid (20) and I am going to open new 25 restaurants in Chicago. I have much problem with qualified staff ....:crazy:

Please, send me your save games... moneybill@azet.sk

Antonio Montana 25-03-2006 11:39 PM

Old Post
I need help getting the sound on DOS-box to work on XP, i tried to configure the sound through the install file with p.tycoon and choose sb16 but it still didnt play :wall: Love the site, keep up the good work :cheers:

p.s. maybe there is a DOS-box command that I dont know about??? Let me know thanks :ok:

NEW!
Well it says that I'm not allowed to post here any more, and the sound still doesnt work :ranting: and I didnt really get any help fom anyone except a fellow "newbie spammer" both of us have no idea of how this works. His/Hers just turned on one day :blink: . this was disappointing :help:
Also what are the DEPOT's in the game? I bought a couple and noticed that you havent mentioned them once... is this because you just stole someone else's walkthrough??? because there is nothing new on this page fom any other. (coincidence? I think not!)
Prove me wrong! Please answer these questions three, and i'll never, EVER doubt your knowledge or your site again... :angry:
Please don't try to dodge this bullet, I just need help with my favorite game.
:sniper: :tomato:
Thanks...
Antonio Montana... A political prisoner from Canada

Glista 26-03-2006 11:48 AM

I've had the same problem and I tried everything, and still got no sound. After a couple of times i played it, the sound was just there... I don't know how or why, but it just turned itself on :blink:

PizzaLover 10-04-2006 04:36 PM

Hii all, I will like to know how to get a big restaurant like 24x24?
I really don't know how 2 search this kind of shop.Please help me

Massacabre 10-04-2006 06:10 PM

How do you buy the blue potion from Athgroth the Wizard? I've saved up enough money but he won't sell it to me, he says something about "the liquid is too precious to be sold to the likes of you". I've raised my Reputation up and it still won't let me buy the potion, I need it to slay the Dragon King Muton in the Fifth Realm.

Oh, by the way, Pizza Tycoon is awesome.

Guest 26-04-2006 05:44 PM

Anyone knows why each day instead of beeing with a profir of like 10k as I should be and as it tells me that I am, I loose 10k of my money.
every day I get some profit + 10k is going down for no reason apperently.
Can anyone help me...? (if anyone is here) LOL...

bruno 26-04-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 26 2006, 06:44 PM
Anyone knows why each day instead of beeing with a profir of like 10k as I should be and as it tells me that I am, I loose 10k of my money.

Did you control your debts, did you buy the food by any contract with some company, that wiil making you spending money all days? :ok:

Guest 02-05-2006 02:11 PM

Serious. Some guy wrote:

This games is really great!
I have a problem with it, though.
I can't save the game!
After a few hours of hard work, I have to exit and start all over again tommorow.
When I save the game, the game says Couldn't find file or something like that.
What's wrong?

I'm having the same problem, please help! thanks

velik_m 03-05-2006 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 26 2006, 05:44 PM

wages, loans, bills, contracts, rents...

The trick is to cover ALL expenses with your income. (profit is just price-cost for ingredients).
Take a look at the monthly/weekly/daily reports to see where your money goes.

Den 03-05-2006 09:05 AM

can anyone tell me why I can't play this game?

In in XP it'll just open a command prompt then closes instantly.

In dosbox after running pizza.bat it'll just display that dos4gw thingy then goes back to the dos prompt.

monark07 04-05-2006 03:33 PM

is there a way to make the manager buy from the more expensive shops... he just buys at the cheapset place and it affects the food quality right?? or do i have to go there my self cause the contracts are to expensive.

Shrek 04-05-2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by monark07@May 4 2006, 04:33 PM
is there a way to make the manager buy from the more expensive shops... he just buys at the cheapset place and it affects the food quality right?? or do i have to go there my self cause the contracts are to expensive.
Well, if I remember correctly, the manager will follow your move: he will buy cheap ingredients if you've bought then before... This means you'll have to purchase a big "pack" of ingredients with the desired quality and he will follow your lead. Also, good managers can get big discounts when shopping :ok:

About the "sound" and "save" questions, I'll have to play it again and check these... Unfortunately, I don't have much time to do that.

Guest_luhng 19-05-2006 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Den@May 3 2006, 09:05 AM
can anyone tell me why I can't play this game?

In in XP it'll just open a command prompt then closes instantly.

In dosbox after running pizza.bat it'll just display that dos4gw thingy then goes back to the dos prompt.

I have the exact same problem with den ... and the after effect after numerous tries: my computer becomes sluggish ... :cry: help me put plz

The Fifth Horseman 19-05-2006 11:16 AM

Tried VDMSound?

Lizzy 22-05-2006 12:22 PM

Can someone please tell me how ta save this game? I'm starting to feel like a complete idiot. If I choose the save icon and choose to save as a new game, it says file not found or something!

Great game, but unfortunatelly I can't play it to the max, due to the fact that I can't save, so PLEASE can anyone help?

lse 07-06-2006 04:54 PM

Hi guys!

Its incredible. I am playing this game again after many years. I remember I used to have it on a single 3'' floppy disk!

What I find even more amazing is that Im playing it on my Powermac G5! With sound!

The problem is... No customers come to my store!

I advertise heavily,
My popularity rating is like 65 for my shop,
I have no negative trend pizzas on menu,
I have about 10 pizzas on my menu,
I have food all stocked and all my staff and the place has nice furnishings (TV and Jukebox that are switched ON')
My prices are about $10

but NO one steps in at all!? Is it because I am a Godfather?

Please help! I am spending hours on this and no one is coming!

Thanks!

David

bruno 07-06-2006 05:02 PM

Did you have your restaurant in a street with movement, or did you have at leats 4 pizza made by the book, with was in the extras?

lse 07-06-2006 07:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jun 8 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]235026[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Did you have your restaurant in a street with movement, or did you have at leats 4 pizza made by the book, with was in the extras?
[/b]

Hey thanks for the reply!

My locations have always been very busy, like Manhattan!

Ok but I never had 4 pizzas made by the book. SO this means I have to recreate the pizzas following the recipe right?
Im going to try this now.

*Crossing fingers*

BTw what did you mean by:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jun 8 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]235026[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

with was in the extras?
[/b]
?

bruno 07-06-2006 07:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lse @ Jun 7 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]235045[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jun 8 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]235026[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

Ok but I never had 4 pizzas made by the book. SO this means I have to recreate the pizzas following the recipe right?

*Crossing fingers*

Quote:

with was in the extras?
[/b]
?
[/b][/quote]

When you download the game you need to download the book, made 4 pizzas like the book say and you will have many clients. :brain:

lse 07-06-2006 07:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jun 8 2006, 03:21 AM) [snapback]235048[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lse @ Jun 7 2006, 08:06 PM) [snapback]235045[/snapback]
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(little fish @ Jun 8 2006, 01:02 AM) [snapback]235026[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]

*Crossing fingers*

Quote:

with was in the extras?
[/b]
?
[/b][/quote]

When you download the game you need to download the book, made 4 pizzas like the book say and you will have many clients. :brain:
[/b][/quote]

Awesome will try that NOW!

lse 07-06-2006 08:00 PM

OMG!
you are a GENIOUS!

The minute i added them and clicked next day I get the message

' THERE ARENT ENOUGH SUPPLIES TO SATISFY DEMAND'! WONDERFUL!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The reason why I didnt add them before was because there was a trend period where tomatoes were super negative!

Thanks man! The game begins now!!!

Rob 15-06-2006 10:11 PM

Hello Pizza Tycoon fans!

This game is great, I used to play it in the past. There is one thing that bugs me. Once I expand and have in between 5 and 10 restaurants in one city the managing gets difficult. I put a manager in each restaurant, but they keep failing to restock. I end up losing money because I have a shortage and I have to restock again myself. Because the restaurant average 400/500 pizza's daily this takes a lot of time. I have cramps in my arm from restocking... I do get contract, but that doesn't always work because I don't spend that much on cheese and fruits. And menu's keep changing. So basically is there anything you can do to have your managers do their job better ( I take the best ones there are ) or can you arrange something to restock automatically? Thanks!

Rob.

bruno 16-06-2006 12:32 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rob @ Jun 15 2006, 11:11 PM) [snapback]237047[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hello Pizza Tycoon fans!

This game is great, I used to play it in the past. There is one thing that bugs me. Once I expand and have in between 5 and 10 restaurants in one city the managing gets difficult. I put a manager in each restaurant, but they keep failing to restock. I end up losing money because I have a shortage and I have to restock again myself. Because the restaurant average 400/500 pizza's daily this takes a lot of time. I have cramps in my arm from restocking... I do get contract, but that doesn't always work because I don't spend that much on cheese and fruits. And menu's keep changing. So basically is there anything you can do to have your managers do their job better ( I take the best ones there are ) or can you arrange something to restock automatically? Thanks!

Rob.
[/b]
Yes, you can rent a warehouse, and put a stock of products that you need, and after when you don´t have in your restaurants they will pick in your warehouse. :ok:

Tycooner 23-07-2006 12:03 PM

Hi, i have a problem. If im in a city that i have no restaurant, (buying ice creams, at the end of the day, i do not win any money, any way to change this?

bruno 23-07-2006 12:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tycooner @ Jul 23 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]244610[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hi, i have a problem. If im in a city that i have no restaurant, (buying ice creams, at the end of the day, i do not win any money, any way to change this?
[/b]
You need to have arestaurant in the city to make money, the ice creams are bombs, why did you buy guns to attack your opponets if you didn´t open yet your restaurant in that city? :ok:

velik_m 23-07-2006 01:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tycooner @ Jul 23 2006, 12:03 PM) [snapback]244610[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
http://www.abandonia.com/games/105/PizzaTy...PizzaTycoon.htm

notice the "Starters manual". <_<

Guest 23-07-2006 05:29 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ May 19 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]231301[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Tried VDMSound?
[/b]

:titan: Add a new folder Call " Games or Game" (i think), Game save files are stores hear.(or is it "Data)

Swennjenn 26-07-2006 03:42 AM

hey I need some help,
I have the game, i run the exe, and it looks great. I get an intro sequence that shows a huge microprose, then a cybernetic (?) screen with a giant mouse, then "presents", then "Pizza Tycoon", then a large mobster looking guy with a pizza, then it runs the credits, continually. I watch the entire credits roll through twice before i realized it was repeating itself. i have NO idea what it going on, but if anyone else does, it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks

bruno 26-07-2006 04:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Swennjenn @ Jul 26 2006, 04:42 AM) [snapback]245127[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

hey I need some help,
I have the game, i run the exe, and it looks great. I get an intro sequence that shows a huge microprose, then a cybernetic (?) screen with a giant mouse, then "presents", then "Pizza Tycoon", then a large mobster looking guy with a pizza, then it runs the credits, continually. I watch the entire credits roll through twice before i realized it was repeating itself. i have NO idea what it going on, but if anyone else does, it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks
[/b]
try to run the game in dosbox... :whistling: :ok: :max:

nace 13-08-2006 01:20 PM

THANK YOU FOR THIS WONDERFULL SITE :ok:

ZnL RyDeRz 26-08-2006 12:24 AM

Hey I need some help with the money cheat where u save your character...How do you save your character? I clicked on the save disk thing but all it says is save game or save mission. :wallbash: Also for the Missions for the gangsters, when i do a mission and click on the door for the item im suppose to get at that exact time, i still get mission failed! :tai: Plz I need Help Badly!!! :sos:

The Fifth Horseman 16-10-2006 01:02 PM

There is an official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!! ^_^

red_avatar 04-11-2006 09:06 PM

Oh, I can vow that this is one of the best tycoon games EVER. Making a pizza that is a huge hit and makes your restaurants boom is sooo satisfying. I bought this game 5 years after its release (in 1999) yet spent my dozens of hours loving it.

Guest 07-01-2007 06:17 PM

Hi guys,

can i ask how do you raise ur status? my underground is Godfather..but my social status is "hopless case"

ianfreddie07 17-01-2007 12:00 AM

Man, I love this game! The complexity, the humourous faces of those guys you call on the phone, I love it. It's second in my favorite games list (The first being RCT2). In fact yesterday I tried to make the Chicago-style deep dish pizza but got overloaded on cheese :D. Yeah but I found out a guy who said he had a -70 popularity when he opened the restaurant, now the same thing happens to me. I have no customers plus a bad popularity of -71. I have four recipes with at least one green rating (all of them look like faces) in all of them, good furniture (The 3-star furnishings), a 3-star carpet, a pinball and TV. Is it true that you have to include at least 4 recipes from the book with some advertising so that guests will come in (finally) to my restaurant? If it is, I'll get the recipe book.

That was a mouthful :rolleyes:

Tom Henrik 17-01-2007 01:16 AM

Yes, you will need to create some of the standard recipies from the book. We host the book in the Extras for the game. :ok:

DawidekG 19-01-2007 12:22 PM

TIP FOR SAVE
try to create folder "GAME" in folder where are all others,
for sound I don't have solution,
but I've some sound for example dial number sound and street sound I don't know from where :ok:

The Fifth Horseman 19-01-2007 12:24 PM

Did you try running the game in DosBox? That tends to help with sound...

Guest 23-01-2007 03:45 AM

i need help! I only have 1 store, and most of the time at the end of the day, it says 0 pizza ordered and sold. This is pissing me off! especially when i had to continue restocking for non-esistant pizza made.

bruno 23-01-2007 10:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 23 2007, 06:45 AM) [snapback]276079[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i need help! I only have 1 store, and most of the time at the end of the day, it says 0 pizza ordered and sold. This is pissing me off! especially when i had to continue restocking for non-esistant pizza made.
[/b]
You need to have publicity to your shop, or when you rent he shop did you see, the number of clients in that area, or did you have people in the shop to make pizzas, you need to check all possibles ways?, because normaly when you open the shop, you have customers :whistling:

Guest 26-01-2007 03:50 AM

How can I pla pizza tycoon on multiplayer mode?
:blink:

The Fifth Horseman 26-01-2007 11:43 AM

You can't. There is no multiplayer mode in this game.

velik_m 26-01-2007 01:31 PM

There is hot-seat mode. (on the same computer)

Guest 27-01-2007 01:45 AM

Quote:

There is hot-seat mode. (on the same computer)[/b]
but how can I do this?
:sos: :sos: :sos:

velik_m 27-01-2007 06:36 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 27 2007, 03:45 AM) [snapback]276630[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Quote:

There is hot-seat mode. (on the same computer) [/b]
but how can I do this?
:sos: :sos: :sos:
[/b]
Create 2 or more player characters?

Guest 27-01-2007 04:43 PM

but how can i create two characteres, I only get to play with a characterer (sheik ratllenroll)
:blink: :blink:

Guest 28-01-2007 09:59 PM

thanks velik for help me!!!
:brain: :brain: :brain:

Jordo 07-03-2007 11:02 PM

I love this game...the easiest way to start out, in my experiences, is to do alot of arms dealing. This will raise your underworld status (causing "protection" calls to end) and give you lots of cash. Do try not to get caught, though!

Also, what exactly can you store in depots, other than weapons?

bruno 07-03-2007 11:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jordo @ Mar 8 2007, 02:02 AM) [snapback]282403[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I love this game...the easiest way to start out, in my experiences, is to do alot of arms dealing. This will raise your underworld status (causing "protection" calls to end) and give you lots of cash. Do try not to get caught, though!

Also, what exactly can you store in depots, other than weapons?
[/b]
Food to your restaurants, when you find cheap food you can by in huge uni. and store in your depots, like guns also :ok:

Guest 13-03-2007 11:33 PM

i downloaded it, can anyone explain how it acualy works and what to do??? I've tried playing around with it and its quite complicated.

also, are there any sites with what recipies to use for the pizzas??

velik_m 14-03-2007 11:02 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 14 2007, 01:33 AM) [snapback]283485[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i downloaded it, can anyone explain how it acualy works and what to do??? I've tried playing around with it and its quite complicated.

also, are there any sites with what recipies to use for the pizzas??
[/b]
http://www.abandonia.com/games/105/PizzaTy...PizzaTycoon.htm

Notice the "Extras", just above the download button.

evolve1587 15-03-2007 07:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anubis @ Nov 24 2004, 12:06 PM) [snapback]30069[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

First of all get DOSBox, install it and try to use it. Then select one folder on your hard disk and mount it in DOSBox as C drive. Extract the game you like to it in it's own folder.

From there use DOS commands (CD - change directory, DIR - list directory, two of most important ones) and change directory to game you like to play and then list directory. If there is Install or Setup, run first that (by just typing that), set sound in there to SB16, and then type game executable.

That's about it. :D
[/b]
:sos:
Hey I downloaded Pizza Tycoon yesterday, and have been trying all kinds of stuff to get it to run! I have DosBox, and I can mount c, and get to the game... but it doesn't seem to install!! I type install.exe *as this is the installation thing for the game, then the screen comes on, I set up sound, and then it won't start up! Now I can get the credits to roll, with sound, but they just repeat themselves... so any info would be great! I REALLY REALLY can't wait to try this game out! now I noticed in this walkthrough that Anubis says you should type game executable at the end of everything... now I tried this and it said this wasn't a right command... ugh I can't wait to play! haha!
Thanks so much!
~evolve1587~

The Fifth Horseman 16-03-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

now I noticed in this walkthrough that Anubis says you should type game executable at the end of everything... now I tried this and it said this wasn't a right command... ugh I can't wait to play! haha![/b]
What Anubis meant was that you have to run the game's executable file - in other words, the file that starts the actual game. It will have an EXE or COM as its extension.

Quote:

Now I can get the credits to roll, with sound, but they just repeat themselves... [/b]
Did you try pressing a key? Or clicking on the mouse button?

evolve1587 17-03-2007 01:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Mar 16 2007, 08:13 AM) [snapback]283860[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Quote:

now I noticed in this walkthrough that Anubis says you should type game executable at the end of everything... now I tried this and it said this wasn't a right command... ugh I can't wait to play! haha![/b]
What Anubis meant was that you have to run the game's executable file - in other words, the file that starts the actual game. It will have an EXE or COM as its extension.

Quote:

Now I can get the credits to roll, with sound, but they just repeat themselves... [/b]
Did you try pressing a key? Or clicking on the mouse button?
[/b]
I got it to work! thanks a bunch! *I hadn't clicked the mouse, because I knew that I usually lose control of it... so I was just stupid! haha! Thanks again!
~evolve1587~

pino 05-05-2007 12:26 AM

cant ever get alot of these games to work on my computer, i tried to open the PT.exe file

_r.u.s.s. 05-05-2007 01:18 AM

use dosbox to run the game (download it from the site)

Guest_Allen_* 23-05-2007 06:33 AM

I Can't run Pizza Tycoon. I ran every single file none of them wok. I ran PT.exe and it says... fatal error can't find DOS4GW.? to load help please :sos: :sos: .

Guest 23-05-2007 06:36 AM

I even used DOSBox but it doesn't work. Isn't there another way, like MS DOS?

_r.u.s.s. 23-05-2007 08:45 AM

well.. since it says there is no dos4gw..then there s probably no dos4gw. sounds like corrupted archive for me... try redownloading. and update your winzip
and btw you are supposed to run PIZZA.BAT

Guest 23-05-2007 09:22 AM

Ok it's working now thanks, I redownloaded and found the DOS4GW and ran DOSBox and it worked, thanks.

_r.u.s.s. 23-05-2007 09:32 AM

no problem=)

Guest 30-05-2007 03:59 AM

help plrase , ican´t attract costumers!!!!

i have -83 popuarity and bougth advertises and now i have 10 popularity and four own pizzas whith positive trend(around 30) and bougth many objects whith 4 or 5 stars and i can´t boys

i play in freemode

PD:playing freemode, you can atract people?

Cya

velik_m 30-05-2007 06:43 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ May 30 2007, 03:59 AM) [snapback]292009[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

help plrase , ican´t attract costumers!!!!

i have -83 popuarity and bougth advertises and now i have 10 popularity and four own pizzas whith positive trend(around 30) and bougth many objects whith 4 or 5 stars and i can´t boys

i play in freemode

PD:playing freemode, you can atract people?

Cya
[/b]
What do your customers say?

To boost popularity and sales:
- Quality pizzas (be sure to check demographics in your area - market research, old people don't like the same stuff as kids, that goes for decor also)
- Cheap pizzas
- advertise (flyers are cheap and usually do the trick, when you have just one)

make sure you have enough capacity, if the customer cannot find a sit/cannot get pizza, he'll leave and your popularity will fall.

make sure you don't have some really unpopular stuff on your pizza.

Guest 30-05-2007 03:16 PM

One of the greatest classic games :)

Just a question, how do you clock the game in normal quickstart mode?

I heard it was something abut getting a specific amount of market share?

Thanks!

velik_m 30-05-2007 07:53 PM

I think it's 10% market share in every city or some such.

Guest 30-05-2007 10:42 PM

Great thanks velik =)

qwertyu 24-06-2007 02:09 PM

Playing the game and now have 24 restaurants and one depot to make buyng sypplies easier.

My problem is that when i want to hire another waiter for some of my restaurants I get the message after pushing "hire" button that there is "no more room". I am not sure how many enplyees i have, but it seems to be at top limit.

Also, if I travel to another city buying weapons and stay there overnight, I walks glipp of the day's income from restaurants in the other city.

Some one who knows what for me to do?

And I start wondering what is the ultimate goal of the game...

PIzza tycoon 25-06-2007 08:43 AM

Hi All, I need some help.

1) How to buy a big restaurant, ie 24 x 24 ?
2) How to have branches at other country?
3) How to save character, I don't have the 'save character' icon
4) I can't play 'mission' this event.

Guest 26-06-2007 09:01 AM

Hello how mission of the Mafia but :blink: not encuentro the Items

Jonas 05-07-2007 04:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruno @ Feb 12 2006, 01:37 AM) [snapback]206259[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Go to the phones menu and click the "Other" Tap.

call the last one and ask for icecream(weapons)
Don't ask for weapons or youll get arrested.

go to a more expensive place(country) and resell them.

You can easely make millions!!

Guest 13-08-2007 12:56 PM

Hello all,

Is there a way to stock quantities of your stock by 100 or even 1000?
Instead of holding down your mousebutton to increase the quantity?
My hands/fingers are getting tired by holding them down all the time :(.

Thanks in advance.

Wuzzel.

velik_m 13-08-2007 02:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 13 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]304452[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hello all,

Is there a way to stock quantities of your stock by 100 or even 1000?
Instead of holding down your mousebutton to increase the quantity?
My hands/fingers are getting tired by holding them down all the time :(.

Thanks in advance.

Wuzzel.
[/b]
Let the manager do it.

Guest 13-08-2007 02:40 PM

Yeah i have 0 contracts atm and let the manager handle it all, but sometimes it isnt enough like i am not allways getting the 100% deliveries.. sometimes its between 90 and 100% sucks though :(.
Also have a warehouse with enough stock for the restaurants.

Guest 23-08-2007 12:13 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lizzy @ May 22 2006, 01:22 PM) [snapback]231686[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Can someone please tell me how ta save this game? I'm starting to feel like a complete idiot. If I choose the save icon and choose to save as a new game, it says file not found or something!

Great game, but unfortunatelly I can't play it to the max, due to the fact that I can't save, so PLEASE can anyone help?
[/b]

please, i have the same problem !!

can anyone help me?? :sos:

Nodal 24-08-2007 02:14 AM

This games actually kinda tough. It's hard to get started.

Guest 25-08-2007 01:57 PM

Hello guys,
I downloaded this great game; but there are 2 little problems to solve.
First, i am using dos-box 0.71 but game doesn't have sounds.
Second and more important one; i did everything to open my restaurant. Put 4 recipe to menu, hired chefs and waiters, put floor accesories, used carpest, buying supplies etc.
Finally i open it; but in first 3 days no customers came to my restaurant (and staffs too). So, what must i do?
Thank you (and i am sorry for my english)

Note: Second game (Pizza Connection 2 was very easier than that, so i like the first one:)

Monkeyboyen 30-08-2007 06:19 PM

Got two questions

1.Does anyone know if the insurance are usefull for something ?

2.How excactly does the popularity marking work for the resturant. It sometimes goes up and down with any special events.

Also, when the mafia comes along trash the place, I throw out all the damaged items and replace them, but the popularity goes drasticly down and customers are lost forever it seems. I keept it going for weeks without the customers coming back.

Surfsuds 12-09-2007 05:54 PM

Hi, everyone. Pizza Tycoon is one of my Abandonia favorites. :ok:

Just from reading questions on this page, let me pass along some "getting started" tips - just from trial and error experience.

1. Zero sales: Advertise! It's the loud speaker icon when outside your restaurant. Pay for a week's worth of posters. That's a good start. Customers will come second day. In order to have any sales, you MUST have three of the original recipes on your menu. When you start adding your own pizza concoctions and adjusting your menu, you can easily drop one of the originals that isn't selling. Boom! Sales go down to zero. That's happened to me a few times.

2. Visit from goons: pay the extortion. At the beginning of the game you are low man in the mob hierarchy. After you pay that first time, you have to increase your rank. Do this (and build a nice bankroll) by gun/weapons running between cities. First thing is save your game. Use the telephone to call "other" and pick the bottom option (in Rome I think it's Luigi). The mob uses code so you are going to buy "ice cream" at a low price in one city and sell it at higher price in another. Save game and fly around for fun to get the idea. The salesmen are a hoot, Prince Charles, Abe Lincoln, Churchill etc.. Ask "Do you sell ice cream?" when buying and "Are you interested in new merchandise?" when selling. Once in a while the cops will catch you so be sure to save game, lie low and try again later. After you succeed a few times, the game will announce you've gone up in rank. You are no longer a pushover and the goons won't come back.

3. Insurance: I don't know what it's for either.

4. Sound: I use "D-fend", a front end loader for Dosbox. I'm using DOS65 for now. I browse/fill in "C:\MPS\PIZZA\MPSCOPY.EXE" for the game EXE. and "C:\MPS\PIZZA2\PIZZA.BAT" for the setup EXE. When I'm ready to play, I right click on "Pizza Tycoon" in my D-fend game list, and select "Run setup.'' This starts the game and gives me music but no voices. Anything else gives me nothing, no sound. It's fun to play jukebox in your restaurant.

***My own question is about renewing contracts. I've dripped and added recipes so still have food I don't use and have contracts which start and end at different times. My hired manager doesn't take care of this part of the game. It's a mess, an expensive mess because I may continue getting food on contract that I don't use. I'm hoping it spoils so I can get rid of it. I'm so confused. Is there an easier way to manage food deliveries?

Hope my replies were helpful and thanks for any help anyone can offer me.

Guest 24-09-2007 08:22 PM

hi
can i play it in fullscreen mode while using dosbox? i only get windowed

Mighty Midget 24-09-2007 08:33 PM

Press Alt + Enter to swap between full screen and window mode.

Saris 09-10-2007 08:08 PM

Hasn't anyone who've played Pizza Tyccon gone directly to Chicago, pressed at the church and then called the first brokers office and asked to buy the place.
Then You get very, very broke, but can sell the church back and get loads of money...

Anyone? :huh:

bruno 15-10-2007 10:09 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Saris @ Oct 9 2007, 09:08 PM) [snapback]315451[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hasn't anyone who've played Pizza Tyccon gone directly to Chicago, pressed at the church and then called the first brokers office and asked to buy the place.
Then You get very, very broke, but can sell the church back and get loads of money...

Anyone? :huh:
[/b]
no, i didn´t do that, but i can make many loans and after save the character, and then begin a new game with that character, and you will begin with all the money the you ask, before. :ok:

mwerfel 16-12-2007 02:15 PM

Save Characters

How do you save characters? I can save games, missons but not characters. Also in the "character" panel in the game i dont't find any "save" option.

yomurphy 26-02-2008 09:46 PM

the easiest way to manage the replenishment of your restaurants is renting or buying a warehouse. Here you can buy supplies centrally and quicker than by buying for every restaurant seperatley. I experienced that most managers are just plain lazy and do nothing so after making some bucks I always switch to the central warehouse strategy.

yomurphy 26-02-2008 09:52 PM

and I have a question: I started in Berlin and am now market leader and have 5 or 6 restaurants. Since there doesn't seem to be anymore decent waiters, I expanded to Rome.
Here it's really difficult to get customers in the door. The restaurant can host 800+ people but there are never more the 270 customers on any given day. I have 3 standard recipes and some custom made pizzas on my menu. Any suggestions what I can do? I also heavily advertised for a week or so.

velik_m 28-02-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomurphy (Post 320114)
and I have a question: I started in Berlin and am now market leader and have 5 or 6 restaurants. Since there doesn't seem to be anymore decent waiters, I expanded to Rome.
Here it's really difficult to get customers in the door. The restaurant can host 800+ people but there are never more the 270 customers on any given day. I have 3 standard recipes and some custom made pizzas on my menu. Any suggestions what I can do? I also heavily advertised for a week or so.

well the usual advertisement, lower prices...

also make sure all your capacities are there (not just chairs)

also check popularity of ingridients in pizza, maybe you have something there, people don't like - you know different town different tastes.

yomurphy 28-02-2008 10:28 PM

well thanks for your answer. I have the deluxe 4 star oven, so there shouldn't be a kitchen capacity problem. But I have to admit that I don't have any real trendy pizzas on my menu. I was always more concerned with my Berlin operations. So I have to try that... At least I found a solution to my waiter problem and want to share it:
By giving your waiters (or cooks too for that matter) more money you increase their pizzas/day ratio.

Although I actually own the original copy from 1995, I did not know that! :amused:

Dadsa 20-05-2008 07:26 PM

A few tips

Here are a few tips I found when playing the game:
1: Use high quality food. People will not come if it is low quality.
2: Buy more food than you need. The game will tell you how much you need, but get more. This is because more people will arrive.
3: Some good pizzas I made had loads of stuff on. If you put a lot on it may be expensive, but people will prefer it.
4: Get friendly with the underworld as you will get loads of money, but make sure you are not caught. It is also a good idea to have a manager, so if you are up late on an underworld mission or put in jail, he can take care of your shop.

Hope you find my tips useful!:)

Jordo 21-07-2008 11:00 PM

Any tips on selling "ice cream"? I remember where being a way to find out where weapons are cheap, but I forgot.

ilyad 05-10-2008 01:26 PM

Confined to a single city

Hi,

I'm encountering a really weird behavior - I am only able to select the city once at the beginning of the game. When I try to travel later on, the game only charges me for the flight but never actually opens another city.

Do you guys know why can that be?

fettoswe 05-10-2008 05:25 PM

How expansive should the pizza be compared to costs of the ingredients? I always tend to set the price to high or to low. Either almost no one buys it because it's to expansive or I just loose money on it then it's to cheap.

red_avatar 06-10-2008 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fettoswe (Post 339127)
How expansive should the pizza be compared to costs of the ingredients? I always tend to set the price to high or to low. Either almost no one buys it because it's to expansive or I just loose money on it then it's to cheap.

There's no clear answer on this. In general, don't go for the cheapest nor for the best ingredients. Go for the third worst or so and take out a contract which should lower the price.

Then I would add about 30-40% to the basic price.

Also: don't forget that YOU design the pizza which means that putting too many ingredients on there will affect the price. What matters for a pizza is the score it gets after you make it (the score WILL change from game to game so saving a design for another game won't do you any good).

fettoswe 06-10-2008 09:10 PM

Well I usally use contracts but my manager never shops if something else is missing.

red_avatar 08-10-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fettoswe (Post 339235)
Well I usally use contracts but my manager never shops if something else is missing.

Yeah the manager AI is flaky which is not unusual for games of that time. The contracts help and then I manually visit the restaurants every few days to see if they need more ingredients.

Ironvortex 20-04-2009 02:10 PM

oldschool

This game is so Oldschool... I LOVE IT ! :D

Ironlion 21-04-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironvortex (Post 360665)
This game is so Oldschool... I LOVE IT ! :D

It truly is a wonderful game, astonishingly complete, too, in just how detailed it is. plus making pizzas is fun.

A bit of advice: Never become an arms dealer...yes, you get rich, but its almost like cheating. the game is less fun at that point.

red_avatar 24-04-2009 04:23 AM

Yes, it's easy to make a load of money like that.

I love Pizza Tycoon but I do admit it's a bit unbalanced in areas. For example, your restaurant really needs to meet a certain level before any people will come in. This mostly means that you need to properly decorate your restaurant which is not cheap at all. Oddly enough, people are more fussy about the décor than the actual food. You can buy cheap ingredients and your pizzas will still sell well.

Another odd thing, is how the game calculates the qualities of a pizza. I wrote down some recipes only to discover that, when I replayed the game half a year later, the same recipes no longer worked. Suddenly my excellent pizza was barely mediocre!

Ironlion 24-04-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_avatar (Post 361370)
Yes, it's easy to make a load of money like that.

I love Pizza Tycoon but I do admit it's a bit unbalanced in areas. For example, your restaurant really needs to meet a certain level before any people will come in. This mostly means that you need to properly decorate your restaurant which is not cheap at all. Oddly enough, people are more fussy about the décor than the actual food. You can buy cheap ingredients and your pizzas will still sell well.

Another odd thing, is how the game calculates the qualities of a pizza. I wrote down some recipes only to discover that, when I replayed the game half a year later, the same recipes no longer worked. Suddenly my excellent pizza was barely mediocre!

Okay well, let me offer a few tips here.

1) Don't use the cheap décor :x however, even the reasonably priced furniture can satisfy customers well enough, and ultimately it IS the pizzas that are going to bring in customers above all else.

However, even some of the pricey décor won't work for some demographics. The game assigns a value to each furniture item for each demographic (kids, teens, blue collar, white collar, businesspeople, and seniors), and this value determines how much they like that item. IMO this is somewhat arbitrary and not quite intuitive. If you want an reference This Website lists the customer ratings for each item.

You can't go wrong with the Small & Sunny collection, for a limited budget. I wouldn't ever go cheaper than that.

2) Different pizzas score different ratings with different customers, in different markets... these can change with time, and are different for every game. Check market research to see what that group likes, then try to match the pizza's flavours to that customer. Also, the type of zone (residential, commercial, leisure) matters in what customers look for. You will always need to have at least 3-4 standard recipes (with a 95%+ imitation score) to satisfy your customers.

There are two different scores for pizza really.. the judges' scores
reflect different aspects of your pizza- and each one has a different priority- satisfyingness, trendiness, sophistication, normality, and somehow asthetics (or balance, its hard to say). This score gives you a clue how well the pizza will be recieved by the public. (Btw, there is a method you can't go wrong with: Just pile on a good variety of ingredients, especially fatty ones, until its something like 2000+ calories. This will go over well with most customers; just don't make it so expensive that nobody will be able to afford it.)

There is a second score, and that is that pizzas score for your restaurant. That reflects how much your customers like it, and that is a reflection of: percieved value (price vs. calories), quality (combining staff skill, oven skill, and ingredient quality), and how much they like it- based on the particular tastes of their demographic, and its trendiness, sophistication, and normalcy.

3) Pricing. Customers will only buy pizzas if they think its a fair price. for your basic Marghertia, Napolitana, etc. that only cost $1.50-2.00 to make, don't go over $10 at the beginning, and even better, go for 8 or 9. This will really bring customers in. Once your restaurant is really popular and you're keeping the tables full all day, then you can get away with raising the price for them. Advertising will allow you to charge a bit more for pizzas too.

5) Ingredient quality. This is a particularly curious issue... everyone appreciates a quality pizza, and that requires starting with good ingredients. But that doesn't mean you have to buy the best. At the beginning, you can just by the mediocre ingredients, from suppliers with the 'brown star'. The cheapest ingredients will not make great pizzas, and will not keep long in storage either. In the beginning of the game, you need to develop a good reputation before you really benefit from very high quality pizzas. There's no need to buy uber ingredients, unless you're trying to cater to upper-class people right off the bat.

6) Customer queries: clicking on people in your restaurants will allow them to give you feedback, but remember, they always either like it or complain about something. The fact that they're complaining doesn't mean its bad, it could mean that what they're complaining about is just the part of your restaurant that is the "least good", if that makes sense. That is to say, your furniture ratings could be just fine, but it is lower than your pizza ratings, etc. Also, it could just be that demographic expects something a little different.

7) Beginning the game: Choosing someone young is a good idea. Don't worry about the money they have, you'll likely be taking out 2-3 loans to get your first restaurant off the ground, and you'll be okay as long as you watch your other expenses. The only stats that matter for a human character are age, popularity, energy, charisma, health, dexterity, courage, and personality. You won't need cookery or intelligence, as you will be using your own skills in both (not your character's) to get by in the game. ;)

-courage and dexterity mostly affect your...shadier dealings. if you don't plan on getting involved much with the darker side of the game, these don't matter.

Age is how fast your health regenerates (when you go on vacation).

Energy reflects how much you can do in a day, and how early you have to call it a day. Pick someone with more and you'll get more done in one day.

Charisma and personality reflect how well you'll do in business negotiations, and how positive random events will end up being.

Popularity definitely helps you bring people into your restaurants, and will help out the speed with which you get better deals from venders and such.

Ultimately those four stats are MOST important for your character: energy, personality, charisma and popularity. The others are more relevant to the Mafia side of things.

A good, young character with great all-around stats is Elvis Bailey. You'll be able to conquer the world with that character. :)

PieAir2 03-05-2009 12:59 PM

I have a problem with the warehouses in the game. For some reason, I am not able to buy anything from my warehouse. I can open the pages of the various suppliers, but when I click on an ingredient that I want to buy, nothing happens. Can anyone help me?

1234456 06-05-2009 03:32 AM

Vacation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironlion (Post 361445)
Okay well, let me offer a few tips here.

1) Don't use the cheap décor :x however, even the reasonably priced furniture can satisfy customers well enough, and ultimately it IS the pizzas that are going to bring in customers above all else.

However, even some of the pricey décor won't work for some demographics. The game assigns a value to each furniture item for each demographic (kids, teens, blue collar, white collar, businesspeople, and seniors), and this value determines how much they like that item. IMO this is somewhat arbitrary and not quite intuitive. If you want an reference This Website lists the customer ratings for each item.

You can't go wrong with the Small & Sunny collection, for a limited budget. I wouldn't ever go cheaper than that.

2) Different pizzas score different ratings with different customers, in different markets... these can change with time, and are different for every game. Check market research to see what that group likes, then try to match the pizza's flavours to that customer. Also, the type of zone (residential, commercial, leisure) matters in what customers look for. You will always need to have at least 3-4 standard recipes (with a 95%+ imitation score) to satisfy your customers.

There are two different scores for pizza really.. the judges' scores
reflect different aspects of your pizza- and each one has a different priority- satisfyingness, trendiness, sophistication, normality, and somehow asthetics (or balance, its hard to say). This score gives you a clue how well the pizza will be recieved by the public. (Btw, there is a method you can't go wrong with: Just pile on a good variety of ingredients, especially fatty ones, until its something like 2000+ calories. This will go over well with most customers; just don't make it so expensive that nobody will be able to afford it.)

There is a second score, and that is that pizzas score for your restaurant. That reflects how much your customers like it, and that is a reflection of: percieved value (price vs. calories), quality (combining staff skill, oven skill, and ingredient quality), and how much they like it- based on the particular tastes of their demographic, and its trendiness, sophistication, and normalcy.

3) Pricing. Customers will only buy pizzas if they think its a fair price. for your basic Marghertia, Napolitana, etc. that only cost $1.50-2.00 to make, don't go over $10 at the beginning, and even better, go for 8 or 9. This will really bring customers in. Once your restaurant is really popular and you're keeping the tables full all day, then you can get away with raising the price for them. Advertising will allow you to charge a bit more for pizzas too.

5) Ingredient quality. This is a particularly curious issue... everyone appreciates a quality pizza, and that requires starting with good ingredients. But that doesn't mean you have to buy the best. At the beginning, you can just by the mediocre ingredients, from suppliers with the 'brown star'. The cheapest ingredients will not make great pizzas, and will not keep long in storage either. In the beginning of the game, you need to develop a good reputation before you really benefit from very high quality pizzas. There's no need to buy uber ingredients, unless you're trying to cater to upper-class people right off the bat.

6) Customer queries: clicking on people in your restaurants will allow them to give you feedback, but remember, they always either like it or complain about something. The fact that they're complaining doesn't mean its bad, it could mean that what they're complaining about is just the part of your restaurant that is the "least good", if that makes sense. That is to say, your furniture ratings could be just fine, but it is lower than your pizza ratings, etc. Also, it could just be that demographic expects something a little different.

7) Beginning the game: Choosing someone young is a good idea. Don't worry about the money they have, you'll likely be taking out 2-3 loans to get your first restaurant off the ground, and you'll be okay as long as you watch your other expenses. The only stats that matter for a human character are age, popularity, energy, charisma, health, dexterity, courage, and personality. You won't need cookery or intelligence, as you will be using your own skills in both (not your character's) to get by in the game. ;)

-courage and dexterity mostly affect your...shadier dealings. if you don't plan on getting involved much with the darker side of the game, these don't matter.

Age is how fast your health regenerates (when you go on vacation).

Energy reflects how much you can do in a day, and how early you have to call it a day. Pick someone with more and you'll get more done in one day.

Charisma and personality reflect how well you'll do in business negotiations, and how positive random events will end up being.

Popularity definitely helps you bring people into your restaurants, and will help out the speed with which you get better deals from venders and such.

Ultimately those four stats are MOST important for your character: energy, personality, charisma and popularity. The others are more relevant to the Mafia side of things.

A good, young character with great all-around stats is Elvis Bailey. You'll be able to conquer the world with that character. :)

How do I take vacation??

leeharveyosmond 06-05-2009 06:09 AM

travel difficulties

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyad (Post 339086)
Hi,

I'm encountering a really weird behavior - I am only able to select the city once at the beginning of the game. When I try to travel later on, the game only charges me for the flight but never actually opens another city.

I'm having the exact same problem.

leeharveyosmond 06-05-2009 06:44 AM

Travel Difficulties

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilyad (Post 339086)
Hi,

Actually forget what I just said. You just have to click on the box that says how much the flight is.

Alhander 11-05-2009 05:56 PM

Standard recipes

Hello! I am looking for standard recipes everywhere and i can't find them. Does anybody know where to get them? Thanks for help.

anycolourfloyd 14-05-2009 12:10 PM

hmm, i think the version of the game from this site has a bug?

every time the day changes, my money changes too. just randomly. up or down. seems to work on a cycle though, and i think the various money values i can get are the starting money of each character.

on like every 7 (or 14th or something) day i go back to what my money was at the end of day 1.

help pleeeeease

_r.u.s.s. 15-05-2009 07:33 PM

maybe taxes or something (:

Pizza Tycoon Lover 26-06-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alhander (Post 363836)
Hello! I am looking for standard recipes everywhere and i can't find them. Does anybody know where to get them? Thanks for help.

Try http://www.pizzatycoon.org

Pizza Tycoon Lover 26-06-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycolourfloyd (Post 364329)
hmm, i think the version of the game from this site has a bug?

every time the day changes, my money changes too. just randomly. up or down. seems to work on a cycle though, and i think the various money values i can get are the starting money of each character.

on like every 7 (or 14th or something) day i go back to what my money was at the end of day 1.

help pleeeeease

That seem like normal to me. If your income one day is bigger than your expences, your money goes up and vice versa. At the end of the week you have to pay your employes, so your money goes down quite a bit. Thats normal.

red_avatar 30-06-2009 04:47 AM

Yeah, it depends on how well you manage costs - rent, delivery bills, staff costs, advertisement, etc.

ComboTroop 03-07-2009 09:53 PM

I know how to get cash fast striaght off (Fraud etc.) But its not enough to build a good place all together!!! I managed sometimes to get a good place, but then it fails! XD (I've hacked the game to get unlimted cash which is funny but then boring) Lol

Renq 15-08-2009 08:07 AM

saving character and warehouse

does anyone have that version of the game where u can save character, i think its v2.1 or newer. i'm currently playing v2.0 and maybe there are some improvements and bug fixes.

and one more thing, is there a way to instantly select and type in the amount u want to buy to the warehouse instead of clicking and waiting until u get like 1000 items in your stock?

punkassbitch 25-04-2010 05:29 PM

I haven't read all the posts but wasn't this remade as Pizza Syndicate?

guest 03-06-2010 04:38 AM

hi

just d/l this game. but i cant hear any sounds. your help is much appreciated. THanks.

flameg0d 28-06-2010 04:36 PM

Stress Reliever

punkass, this isn't a remade from pizza syndicate, but this one is the big bro of pizza syndicate (personally I like this one more than the syndicate)

a real stress reliever, to create a new cheap but yummy pizzas and playing bomberman to the competitor's restaurant.. yeah this is the best one I ever played:3:

UnicornMagic 01-07-2010 06:26 AM

....... there's a pizza tycoon?

............ wtf. |D

Either I've been missin' out or I'm lucky not to have discovered it until now. Guess I'll go find out.

Lazy Lion 18-10-2010 04:24 PM

I just can´t get the sound to work... set it to soundblaster pro. Any ideas?

jamotide 28-12-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renq (Post 379635)
and one more thing, is there a way to instantly select and type in the amount u want to buy to the warehouse instead of clicking and waiting until u get like 1000 items in your stock?

Most annoying thing in this game! Warehouses help later, though.

I just got me an original boxed version of this game with all the manuals and stuff off of ebay for 10$, I love it.

drumurai1 27-07-2011 05:27 AM

zero Pizzas Sales?

HOw come I always get 0 pizza sales even tho I see customers in my shop? I that a bug or something? Anyway to fix it? or did I do something wrong?

jamotide 08-04-2012 08:33 PM

There must be 3 standard pizzas in a restaurant for it to have any sales,drumurai.

Anyone have any idea how exactly the pizza quality is determined and how to get it really high? I have only quality 100 ingredients, the stone ovens quality 85 and my personnel has cooking and serving 80-100. Yet my pizza quality is still 67 to 69 in all restaurants. What is missing?

Cooker&Waiter 04-06-2012 04:04 AM

Motivation

Anyone know how to know right payment for a worker that make their motivation keep 100%??

KaputKorp 03-12-2012 08:47 AM

mercy esesach

How can I save a character? I only can save missions and games.

Unregistered120101012 05-02-2013 02:38 PM

Saving the game

Everyone who can't save the game!

I had the same problem, here's how you fix it:

Go in the folder of the game (probably called pizza or something similar) and create a new folder, called game.

Go back to your game and try saving it again. Should work now :)

stgamer 19-02-2013 01:28 AM

Awesome Game

Just felt like playing it again, and for the first time in my life actually won it!!! (cheating a little hehe)
Hints:
Money - Sell a church. If a realtor accepts to buy it, it wil take a lot of money from you. Don´t panic, if you keep selling it to them over and over you´ll end up with more than 500 million
Market Leadership - If you go to a new country, buy (or rent) 3 or 4 stores, once you have everything you need to open them, buy ads and the next day open them all at the same time. You´ll be market leader from day one.
Not enough supplies - Make contracts with suppliers for far more than what you need, hire a manager and tell him to do the shopping, buy a depot (in every country you have stores) and keep them full at all times. After all that, you may run out of supplies once in a while, but that´s just because trends change or your manager´s lazy.
Capacity - If you can´t hire any good cooks or waiters, hire average ones and raise all of their wages until motivation is 100%. Capacity will be at it´s top. Always check the capacity needs on your animated stats. Also try to fill the store with tables and chairs, and not much decor. You will increase capacity and market share
That´s pretty much it. Once you have 3 or 4 stores (and one depot) in every country, at full capacty (not necessarily FULL, but the best you can do) you just sit and wait for success!!
Good luck!!!

Phreeze_lu 20-02-2013 01:10 PM

i should try this out ;) but i'm playing well enough to just rock like that ;)

ElbowDave 06-09-2013 11:56 PM

cenaac williams

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered120101012 (Post 449286)
Everyone who can't save the game!

I had the same problem, here's how you fix it:

Go in the folder of the game (probably called pizza or something similar) and create a new folder, called game.

Go back to your game and try saving it again. Should work now :)

And in the case of Mac users, go to the app, choose "Show Package Contents" and then create a folder called "game" within the "pt" folder.

Sweet!

CrazyT 02-06-2014 11:43 AM

shit i just won

Although i choosed "free mode" the game ends and i can't figure out what the condition is.
My Ranking is Freeman and have about a million in cash.
Really sad that you can't just continue ... the only options you have is to retry(wich just restarts the game) or to exit :(

jamotide 30-09-2014 10:39 PM

Hm maybe your character died? Even in free mode survival is important. So if you want to play as long as possible, start with one of the young healthy people, not the old moneybags. Go to bed early, watch your health...

Cat1982 17-08-2016 04:57 PM

The game ends

Hello,

I have excatly the same problem.
I have 20 years in the game and a health to 74.

So I don't understand why the game ends.

Cat1982 18-08-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat1982 (Post 465983)
Hello,

I have excatly the same problem.
I have 20 years in the game and a health to 74.

So I don't understand why the game ends.

Hello, in addition,

I play the game in freemode in impossible level.
I play in Paris, and I Have 10% of Market share and 100 000 of money
Just after 3 Month of game (I am in May), I win the party...

I don't understand why. I can send my save game by email if you wish. (tomstar82@hotmail.com)
You just have to end the day and you will win.
If you can help me, I would like to continue my game

Arakasi 17-09-2016 11:03 PM

Freemode or not really freemode...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat1982 (Post 465987)
Hello, in addition,

I play the game in freemode in impossible level.
I play in Paris, and I Have 10% of Market share and 100 000 of money
Just after 3 Month of game (I am in May), I win the party...

I don't understand why. I can send my save game by email if you wish. (tomstar82@hotmail.com)
You just have to end the day and you will win.
If you can help me, I would like to continue my game

Hi,

I can confirm that this is happening with my game as well.
Paris, Impossible level.
I'm not even halfway through the social/underground status, but I'm just shown with the "animation" that I'm the king, and that I might try some other challenges, like transportation. I'm sure I'm not dead, as I'm shown as a king sitting between two girls.

I would really like to be able to keep playing.
Anybody has any ideas why is this happening, or how to disable the "end game" event, and enable the true freemode?

Thanks in any case!

jamotide 08-12-2018 08:27 PM

That is very strange, I did not even know the game could be "won". Never heard of it, can't find anything and nothing about it in the manual.
Maybe it is some sort of special thing about "impossible" difficulty? If you survive 3 months? Seems unlikely.
But the manual does not even mention a difficulty mode. Got the real paper thing here.
Please make some screenshots and upload the savegames somewhere!

mika 08-01-2020 11:13 AM

Oh MAN! I totally forgot about this great game. Gonna fire it up right now...

Bah spoke too soon - no download... :cry:

Ah but I found this: https://classicreload.com/pizza-tycoon.html

The current time is 08:52 PM (GMT)