Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bad Brotherly Habits (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19619)

ianfreddie07 27-04-2009 09:39 AM

Bad Brotherly Habits

OK. I'm really sick and tired of what my 2 elder brothers are doing.

Situation:
2 brothers play online game. Both of them found a bot (auto-plays the game) and they haven't been the same since. As days pass, their greed becomes apparent. They leave both their PC and my dad's PC on 24/7 just because of the bot. I can't play because it's not allowed to be minimized, and it eats CPU usage (100% for 24/7) plus memory. My dad is also angry about this because it's a waste of electricity, and the PC could overheat, be extremely slow, crashy or just blow up when my brothers least expect it. My 2 elder brothers don't care, and they're botting just so they can prove they're good. My 3rd brother is also stingy with the PC, but at least he gives me an opportunity every now and then. My dad turns off the PC when he sees this, and he's reminding everyone about it... Nothing happens.

What do you think of my situation? What should I do?

The Fifth Horseman 27-04-2009 10:59 AM

Report them to the server authorities.
They'll get banned and that's it.

Kugerfang 27-04-2009 10:59 AM

If they ask you to run the bot, say no.

If they insist, tell your dad.

But you should give them a break now and then.

Fruit Pie Jones 27-04-2009 11:34 PM

Things like this make me glad I didn't have older brothers!
What game, BTW?

AlumiuN 27-04-2009 11:36 PM

Actually, Fifth's idea is a good one. Either that, or hack the bot to epic fail. :p

Fubb 28-04-2009 12:25 AM

Bots run off of files right? Liek some sort of .Exe? If thats the case, delete the exe. I personally love fifths idea.

See my brother just plays on the computer all day, which is fine, he has a laptop which is WORSE then this pc :D but he plays WoW...pfft..WoW..

ianfreddie07 28-04-2009 05:00 AM

OK, I was thinking of methods for them to stop botting without them getting mad at me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman
Report them to the server authorities.
They'll get banned and that's it.

Hmmm... I thought of something in the vein of that. I would rather report to the server authorities that they should fix/patch the game and prevent it from running bots. That way, I'd be fair. I get some PC time, they get some PC time but the PC will be turned off and everyone walks away a winner. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kugerfang
If they ask you to run the bot, say no.

If they insist, tell your dad.

But you should give them a break now and then.

Saying no is not a good option. I already kept telling my dad, and my dad keeps scolding them and telling them a hundred eleventy billion times to turn off the PC when not in use. Break? They have their own PC to take a break with. They shouldn't enslave my dad's PC, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Pie Jones
Things like this make me glad I didn't have older brothers!
What game, BTW?

I sometimes thought that I wished I didn't have older brothers... The game is ZX Online, another generic chinese fantasy themed MMORPG. Nothing special about it. Same MMORPG pitfalls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlumiuN
Actually, Fifth's idea is a good one. Either that, or hack the bot to epic fail.

I could do that. Either make the bot shutdown and restart the PC (Fake virus trick) or... I could make the bot rickroll someone. Good idea. Then they'll go epic fail. :perv:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubb
Bots run off of files right? Liek some sort of .Exe? If thats the case, delete the exe. I personally love fifths idea.

See my brother just plays on the computer all day, which is fine, he has a laptop which is WORSE then this pc :D but he plays WoW...pfft..WoW..

They do. If I delete the EXE, they'll suspect something. I wanted to play WoW, but now I don't. It's a great MMORPG but the players... not so great.

_r.u.s.s. 28-04-2009 10:08 AM

just ignore them and close it, your dad won't punish you anyways cause he thinks it's "bad" as well

reporting them would be really cheap and queer like. proper people don't do that

The Fifth Horseman 28-04-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

They do. If I delete the EXE, they'll suspect something. I wanted to play WoW, but now I don't. It's a great MMORPG but the players... not so great.
Find an OLDER version of the bot and replace the current exe with it, then. Older, as in already blocked.

Nick 29-04-2009 11:00 AM

That's the danger of MMORPGs. I myself decided to try WoW to see what's so cool about that game and why people "dying" because of it. And so the result of experiment is about 2 weeks of WASTED time. :(

The current time is 08:30 AM (GMT)