Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Music... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=300)

Eric20 08-06-2004 03:20 PM

Music...

Im into Trance, techno type music.. What doe do you all like?

Tom Henrik 08-06-2004 03:39 PM

I like MUSIC!

To be considered music, it need to show that it has been worked with over time. I can't stand a lot of techno and trance because it sounds like some guy just pressed the loop button after 30 seconds, and then made some girl sing a single line... which he then put on repeat.. :x

Examples of music includes:
Eric Clapton (UK)
Marvin Gaye (USA)
Pink Floyd / Roger Waters (UK)
Jean Michell Jare (France)
Angélique Kidjo (Bénin)
Bel Canto (Norway)
Anouk (Netherlands)
Elvis Presley (USA)
Fuck (Sweden)
Nick Cave (Australia)
INXS (Australia)
Björk (Iceland)

And so on...
(I made this list international, seeing how spread the members are around the globe).

And before Kosta starts complaining about there being no Croatians on the list...

Joseph Haydn (Croatian ethnic group / Austria) :P

Danny252 08-06-2004 05:05 PM

who are those people? :P

FreeFreddy 08-06-2004 09:07 PM

I like every kind of music, but only if it sounds harmonically or have that "touch" which will get you.
At the moment I like to listen heavy metal most, but I love jazz, Bee Gees and Abba too and at the time it was common I was big fan of all kind of techno, rap, trance, house and the like, but now since it is almost dead direction, I don't listen to techno anymore. Apparently I put that death-metal cd in the player, Cradle of Filth if anyone knows them, satanic-like group and enjoy my feeling go up, but I don't listen to them too long or I'll get headache from that mayhem of sounds.
Anyway, like I said I could listen to almost any of the music if it sounds good, but to be honest, I don't listen to the music that is out today, all that modern music like Sarah Connor or Eminem just isn't that deep-sounding, it's hollow, sounds like junk and makes no sense for me to listen to that.

Tom Henrik 08-06-2004 09:15 PM

I could not have said it better myself.

Kosta 08-06-2004 09:19 PM

Re: Music...

Quote:

Im into Trance, techno type music.. What doe do you all like?
Up until a few days ago you had an avatar of a guy with a guitar.... and now techno?! :)

Where's the missing link? :)

Eric20 08-06-2004 10:40 PM

That was a Mandolin. :) It was a picture of Chris Thile from Nickel Creek.. I like other kinds of music than just Trance, but Trance is my fav..

Titan 08-06-2004 11:26 PM

I'm more of a hardcore Minimal Techno and Progressive Trance guy..

U.M.E.K. goes on the turntables now..
Also some soft Paul Oakenfold 1-2hr live-sets can be heard ;)

Omuletzu 09-06-2004 10:20 AM

ROCK!!!!! MODERN AND CLASSICAL
If it's rock AND if it sounds good then i like it...

Metallica
The Darkness
Ramstein
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Guns n' roses
A little bit of Nirvana
A little bit of Audioslave
Kyo (verry good french rock band = highly recommended!!)
A little bit of Slipknot
Scorpions
Queen
A little bit of Marlyn Manson
A little bit of Nirvana
Heh i won't bore you anymore but this list could go on...

I also dig rap and hip-hop but i won't go into detail as this post is long enough.

FreeFreddy 09-06-2004 10:38 AM

Isn't Rammstein kind of Heavy Metal and hard rock mix? He's one of my best favorite at the moment, by the way.

The current time is 07:21 AM (GMT)