Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2006 World Cup (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10617)

Tulac 11-06-2006 12:25 PM

I see abandonia lacks such a thread so post your comments about the world cup here.

Also to the people who don't like football and want to say that. Go away and open your own topic ;)

Dino 11-06-2006 12:27 PM

All I can say is that I eagerly await Tuesday (Croatia vs. Brasil) and I pray for the miracle.

Oh, and for steely defense. :)

Japo 11-06-2006 12:44 PM

Okay, I'll support Croatia as well, just for fun, :w00t: guess Kosta will do so. We'll crush that brazilian losers single-handedly. LOL LOL LOL

Hum... I'm Spanish. The Spanish team won't go anyway far. They're not bad at moving the ball sometimes but they just can't get it into the goal, they lack a good shooter. S they'll be eliminated and every anchor here will say that they "deserved" (?) to win, and every Spaniard will think, "Oh, same old muck again. I knew it."

Dino 11-06-2006 12:47 PM

I actually think that Spain has good chances. Fernando Torres is great player and if Raul get back in goalscoring form Spain would be a real danger even to the best teams.

bruno 11-06-2006 02:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OvErLoRd @ Jun 11 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]235881[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I actually think that Spain has good chances. Fernando Torres is great player and if Raul get back in goalscoring form Spain would be a real danger even to the best teams.
[/b]
but Spain in all big tournemts fail, this is one more big fail, they have good players but donīt have a team like Portugal.....Today Portugal begin the world cup against Angola.

Japo 11-06-2006 04:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OvErLoRd @ Jun 11 2006, 02:47 PM) [snapback]235881[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
You seem to know more about football, even Spanish football, than myself. :D Let's hope you're right, even if just for novelty's sake.

Quote:

but Spain in all big tournemts fail, this is one more big fail, they have good players but donīt have a team like Portugal.....[/b]
I don't know, at times they can move the ball with decent coordination. But as I've said this game's about getting a ball inside the goal, and no matter how astonishing you "play", you'll never win if you don't do it. I think that during the recent friendly game against Russia Spain created some 17 goal occasions--all failed! :blink:

Dino 11-06-2006 04:37 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Japofran @ Jun 11 2006, 06:26 PM) [snapback]235917[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I don't know, at times they can move the ball with decent coordination. But as I've said this game's about getting a ball inside the goal, and no matter how astonishing you "play", you'll never win if you don't do it. I think that during the recent friendly game against Russia Spain created some 17 goal occasions--all failed! :blink:
[/b]
That is true, Raul is not as he was in his best ''Champions League'' days and in cooperation with Torres he can miss miracles... But if they get on the roll, they'll be a tough nut to crack.

However, I was unpleasantly surprised by England's play. Even though they won Paraguay 1-0, their play can hardly be called astonishing. And it should, because their midfield is one of the best in the world (Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard and Joe Cole). I think their main problem lies in the injury of Wayne Rooney, because now that he's out, Owen and Crouch play forward. Owen is totally out of form and Crouch (IMHO) is only dangerous in jumps. But if Rooney will be ready for the second round, they could pose a treat as well.

ReamusLQ 11-06-2006 04:44 PM

US is unfairly challeneged this year. I mean, come on, we have to go against the Czek Republic? How is THAT fair?

Tulac 11-06-2006 05:02 PM

It's because you are by FIFA's ludicrous ranking 4th in the world...

ReamusLQ 11-06-2006 05:15 PM

I know...how the heck did that happen? :bleh:

The current time is 03:43 AM (GMT)