Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why The Hell Don't They Do A Remake Of ... ?! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12753)

CorruptMylar 23-11-2006 05:42 AM

Hi there,

Doesn't it aggravate you that some of these games on Abandonia would be even more awesome if they just gave them a modern facelift. For example, I was on the Street Rod 2 forum and I learned of a project to create a Street Rod 3. I was stoked! But, when I went to the project site I learned the project petered out and was abandoned. :crybaby: That game really distilled what was cool and fun about the era of muscle cars. It's really too bad.

That game would be a fantastic remake. They could make it like a Grand Theft Auto type free-form action type game, but focus more on customizing vehicles and racing. They could have a fleshed-out plot. They could also put in some humorous references to the late 60's / early 70's pop culture. They could remake the midi songs into full-fledged instrumental pop songs that would sound like the Ventures. They could add more vehicles and have secret, unlockable cars. They could have more tracks. They could have Hollywood voice talent for characters in the game. Wouldn't it be sweet?

So I ask you, what game would you want to see remade? What would you change? What should stay the same? Or just post your top 3.

moogle 23-11-2006 06:42 AM

Alice - More physics based puzzles and maybe less gore but still a high emphasis on macrabe atmosphere

First Alone in the dark - wouldn't change nuthin'

Gunstar Heroes - keep the weapon combination system, but make certain combinations a bit less overpowered (homing lightining)

Wing Commander!!!

Alien Vs. Predator - Cause everybody seems to want one =D And the concept is highly new game worthy

Carmagedon - Solely to piss off Jack Thompson

Data 23-11-2006 06:43 AM

moved topic to favorites

Frodo 23-11-2006 07:04 AM

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that.

It was about creating a band, touring, doing gigs, making records etc. You could create your band from stars like Spiff Plitchard, Malice Cooper, and lots more. You got to name your band, and name all your songs. Sometimes you got duped into perfoming charity gigs for bizzarre causes like 'Save The Pigs'. It was really funny.

They could remake it with more stars to choose from, and scenes of the band rehearsing and touring. It would be hilarious - my rock band would dominate the charts! :titan:

Icewolf 23-11-2006 07:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that.
[/b]
This.... is a joke...

A rock-starr-ate-my-hamst0r...?! :blink:

TheChosen 23-11-2006 07:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 08:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that. [/b]
They did make an amiga version, which is kind of remake.

The Wolf 23-11-2006 07:26 AM

I want to see a remake of Unreal, mostly because the game could've been so much more but they where rushed in its creation and had to cut some of the best parts due to hardware limitations.

There's currently a new patch in the works, Unreal 227, but it's mainly just bug fixes and multilayer features.

Anyhow... time to go decapitate some Nali! :D

Frodo 23-11-2006 07:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Nov 23 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]268347[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
This.... is a joke...

A rock-starr-ate-my-hamst0r...?! :blink:
[/b][/quote]

It's a real game, although I admit the title is kinda bizzare :bleh:
I used to love this game. :D
http://www.mobygames.com/game/zx-spectrum/...-ate-my-hamster

duckpatch 23-11-2006 11:09 AM

That sounds funky :) I would definately like a remake of it hehe

hassaland 23-11-2006 11:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 05:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]

kinda freak name for a game <_<

gregor 23-11-2006 12:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moogle @ Nov 23 2006, 08:42 AM) [snapback]268335[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Wing Commander!!!

[/b]
they already have the remake. and it's quite cool! nice fancy graphics and cool ships. and it's freeeeeee.

here: http://wcuniverse.sourceforge.net/

Mighty Midget 23-11-2006 12:40 PM

Apache 2000: It would be cool if they ever re-did that one, the greatest rotor sim imo. New graphics, better flight characterisics, better sound, improved AI... Ah, now that would have been awesome.

Also Little Computer People would have been interesting, with the latest 3D and all that.

The ultimate remake that will never happen: Ultima IX. The whole game needs total re-writing, not only to weed out the bugs, but to make it more of an Ultima game than a Disney-ish theme park. The voice acting should be completly re-done, and the whole virtue thing needs to get a grip on itself. As it is, I'm almost embarrases to play such an over-the-top saint. Last, just mentioning the previous Ultimas casually does not make it, in itself, a sequel.

The Spider Mastermind 23-11-2006 02:08 PM

Rise of the Triad: I know it'd kill the "classic" appeal for some fans, but I reckon it deserves a remake/sequel more than Doom did.

ROTT's storyline, enemies, ridiculous guns, and such on a modern 3d engine would be pretty damned sweet.

velik_m 23-11-2006 04:12 PM

Pizza tycoon. ^_^

http://www.retroremakes.com

CorruptMylar 23-11-2006 06:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 23 2006, 06:40 AM) [snapback]268425[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Apache 2000: It would be cool if they ever re-did that one, the greatest rotor sim imo. New graphics, better flight characterisics, better sound, improved AI... Ah, now that would have been awesome.
[/b]
Good call, :ok:
I've got a flight stick gathering dust. I used to be really into the Apache games. Wonderfully complex. I was never really into the flight sims except that one.

CorruptMylar 23-11-2006 06:30 PM

Anyone following the remake of XCOM; Also know as Project Xenocide?

I went to their site, but wasn't able to download anything. Checked their forums and they are still chugging along. Hope they don't abandon ship.

http://www.projectxenocide.com

velik_m 23-11-2006 06:46 PM

There are several x-com "remakes". UFO: alien invasion looks interesting (http://ufo.myexp.de) and X-Force too (http://www.xforce-online.de/about.php).

verek_22 24-11-2006 11:22 AM

I would love to see a proper, modern FPS style remake of Wolfenstein 3D. I did find Dark Wolf
( http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com...etro_view&i=65 ) but it didn't have the same levels, so it only counts as half a remake :angry: . Its still fun, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

RedHeadSebbe 24-11-2006 11:36 AM

LOL..Police Quest would sell off kinda good if it was remade I think

Oh...And did anyone notice that the information of the most old abandonware games on Wiki link to Abandonia? :P

JoM 24-11-2006 09:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V3r3k @ Nov 24 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I would love to see a proper, modern FPS style remake of Wolfenstein 3D. I did find Dark Wolf
( http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com...etro_view&i=65 ) but it didn't have the same levels, so it only counts as half a remake :angry: . Its still fun, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
[/b]
Return to Castle Wolfenstein is going to be the closest you'll get to be honest.

whatshisface 26-11-2006 04:45 PM

Lets see.....
Autoduel, definitely, a great game but it really could use some better graphics...
Beyond Castle Wolfenstein would be nice, not like into a fps but the same thing except say... smaller pixels... better controls... more... stuff...

thebes 26-11-2006 05:03 PM

Return to Wolfenstein is pretty good! I would like an updated GNBNA along with all the extras it had before with the American ships and the German superships that were only in planning in the war.
Lucky for me they did redo Pirates! Also got Steel Panthers World at War on the net! They did Bard's Tale but it plays different, you don't have a party from the guild fighting with you all the time. SWOTL would be cool too. ^_^

Frodo 26-11-2006 06:46 PM

It would be amazing to see a remake of Phoenix. Imagine all those birds flying towards you in 3d. And imagine the mothership at the end. *drools*

:titan:

Mighty Midget 26-11-2006 07:20 PM

The Lost Patrol as a modern 3d multi-player team-based sneak/shooter would have been interesting :w00t:

And a bizarre one: Lazy Jones as a modern 3d first person whatever. Just for the sake of variety.

gufu1992 26-11-2006 08:41 PM

Fallout 3 - with additions from ideas of ?Van Buren. Keep it in the old camera view perspecttive - or allow the camera to see from different side - not different camera angle and such :)

X-Com UFO: KEEP the gameplay same! No new stuff - except few new guns! NO MORE - nothing! Also - keep the old bugs :) And yes - the graphics should be modernized.

C&C Renegade:Good graphics and maybe a little common sence(Make the videos look a little normal :)

Playbahnosh 26-11-2006 09:35 PM

Okay, I will point out the obvious now:

StarCraft --> change nothing, just some graphical facelift, like with the Settlers 2 10th anniversary

Diablo 2 --> same as above

Alter Ego --> I know there is The Sims series, but that's just a puppet game for kids. I thought about a realistic "choose your destiny" kinda game with real life situations, just like the original.

I can think of many more now, but I don't have time now...

TheChosen 27-11-2006 06:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V3r3k @ Nov 24 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Check out at the Underdogs. They have a remake of Spear of Destiny (Fake Spear, I think).

Lulu_Jane 29-11-2006 06:43 AM

What about UN-makes? I can think of a few games that deserve to be updated and remade (the early Sierra games for example) but their subsequent sequals deserve to be violently unmade - That horrific Kings Quest Thing-a-majig of Destiny (or whatever it was called) the forth installment of Monkey Island, and most depressingly Vivendi's offering of a Leisure Suit Larry game, made without Al Lowe and even more disturbingly, without Larry himself.

Personally, I reckon that Betrayal at Krondor could be vastly improved with a decent 3D engine. It might even be playable :)

Lozzenger2 29-11-2006 11:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Nov 26 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]268816[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

X-Com UFO: KEEP the gameplay same! No new stuff - except few new guns! NO MORE - nothing! Also - keep the old bugs :) And yes - the graphics should be modernized.

[/b]
Completely agreed, the later versions are nice, but nothing quite compares to the original gameplay.
Those chrysallids used to scare me enough way back when, god help me if they ever did revamp those. I'd be all for it.

I'd love to see Monkey Island 1&2 brought up to 3's graphic and sound standards, that'd be pretty sweet. (After playing 3 I can always hear guybrushes voice in my head when I play 1 & 2. Hah)

& the Legend of Kyrandia ~ Hand of Fate.
Add more spells and puzzles, that couldron could keep me busy for hours.

Mighty Midget 29-11-2006 11:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loz @ Nov 29 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]269230[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'd love to see Monkey Island 1&2 brought up to 3's graphic and sound standards, that'd be pretty sweet. (After playing 3 I can always hear guybrushes voice in my head when I play 1 & 2. Hah)
[/b]
Personally, I'd rather they didn't. Part of the brilliancy of MI1-2 was the way the graphics worked, and by that I also mean the 2D point'n'click thing. The whole graphics package made it as ridiculous as the characters/plot, and I mean that in every positive way :) One problem MI suffers when played on a PC, is the different graphics modes. Some are "as good as the Amiga version", some are just aweful.

I admit that #3 was sweet: Nice cartoon graphics and introducing voice acting (who can forget the Pirate Song), but the first two (especially the first) still baffles me by its sheer effectiveness.

Lulu_Jane 30-11-2006 03:41 AM

I agree with Mighty Midget, as far as MI 1 and 2 are concerned, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Although it might be interesting to see MI3-style- remakes of the first two games (and perhaps introduce a whole new generation to the Pirate Way) it wouldn't add anything extra for me.

Mighty Midget's right, you can still boot those games up now, and they're just as enchanting as they were nearly 20 years ago (ugh.)

VERTICAL PIG 30-11-2006 07:36 AM

Zero Wing 2 ! Sombody set us up the bomb again!

just kidding,
i cant think one at the moment but im sure i post a few.

Mighty Midget 30-11-2006 09:04 AM

Remakes in general: It would be great to have more of those 80s C64 games (pre-pc) remade for pc. That way you wouldn't need any emu (lots of people never bother to use emus, or bother to learn how to use them). A dream come true would be to have Gyroscope, Strike Force Cobra, Le Mans, Lazy Jones and all those other gems in all their 16 colour glory :brain:

EDIT: Other than that: As a general rule, I think that if someone remade the T-Ford (the car) with aerodynamics and all, it just wouldn't be a T-Ford anymore. Every game is a legacy of it's time, and in that respect I kind of like the games as they are. Pixelated or not.

Lozzenger2 01-12-2006 12:36 AM

Well hey, the thread only asked what games would be nice to see remakes of :P
I wasn't thinking of replacing the original MI's entirely, I remember seeing the close up on one of the pirates in the bar of number 1 for the first time and just thinking how amazing it looked. The original's have their place in history, I just think it'd be awesome to see newer looking versions to the third style alongside them ^_^ Even keep the same system, just update the graphic's and sound..

Lulu_Jane 01-12-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Loz
remember seeing the close up on one of the pirates in the bar of number 1 for the first time and just thinking how amazing it looked
I reckon they still look pretty incredible today, especially when you consider what the guys at LucasArts were working with back then when compared to all the bells and whistles that developers have today ;)

Although I agree that it'd be interesting to see what they could come up with - just so long as they didn't re-make them in the style of the travesty that was MI4!

Mighty Midget 01-12-2006 08:39 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Dec 1 2006, 07:35 AM) [snapback]269593[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Although I agree that it'd be interesting to see what they could come up with - just so long as they didn't re-make them in the style of the travesty that was MI4!
[/b]
MI4, the game I chose not to mention :whistling:

Lulu_Jane 01-12-2006 09:04 AM

A wise and sagely choice Mr. Midget! Eventually we can get humanity as a whole to forget it and finally move on...

Borodin 01-12-2006 09:45 PM

Two games.

First, Darklands. Still has the best RPG character development ever. Genuine historical details in a fantasy medieval environment (for a change). Four character party system with half a dozen different attacks, pause/attack system, clever application of priest and wizard concept. Good melding of basic "grow your character" random game with a linear "missions" game. Many, many other features.

Second, Master of Magic. Fantasy meets Civ2, with some additional features thrown in. Great fun, though the AI (typically, for Microprose in those last years) was pretty bad. I know Stardock was working on this for another publisher for a few months, but then they announced it was off.

Both games are really needed, IMO.

VERTICAL PIG 02-12-2006 01:53 AM

M.D.K. 2 i guess, i gust can't seem to think
of a game id like to be made again or a part 2
but id like to see mdk be improved a little and
just as funny/kool. Two player would be nice also
with more gadgets and pluzzing levels like Tomb Rader
and combine that with LodeRunner 2. Yeah i like that idea.

Mighty Midget 02-12-2006 03:50 PM

Two games I would like to see a re-make of are Rupert and the Toymaker's Party, and Rupert and the Ice Castle. Nothing overly fancy, and something that will keep that "touch" of a sweet oldie, but a re-make all the same, for new systems.

chainsoar 02-12-2006 06:21 PM

Someone mentioned Carmageddon. Seeing this filled me with love for this timeless classic. I still play Carmageddon 2 - in fact I was about to push off and play it when I saw this topic. I looked around on the internet recently and while there are a few sites, they're really just small mod sites with a tiny forum community, linked tightly to all the other tiny Carmageddon communities to make a total of about 60 members. It makes me very sad, and worst of all, although many of them talk about making the game playable online, they never seem to get up off their backsides and just do it, mainly due to the tiny size of the community leaving them with no skilled programmers. So in closing, I'd say, it's not a remake I'd like to see, rather an unfulfilled promise - Carmageddon 4, of which there has been no news for about 3 years. It just died, without so much as a sorry from SCi. :(

Blood-Pigggy 02-12-2006 07:18 PM

They should remake Settlers 2 because it'd be really cool to have a remake of a remake.

Carcaroth 02-12-2006 07:25 PM

They should remake Neuromancer. It's a seminal sci-fi book, which became fashion again cause of this 80s revival going on, and would be a really cool game.

Lulu_Jane 03-12-2006 03:44 AM

Edit:Removed because I was a very confused bunny earlier this morning :whistling:

VERTICAL PIG 03-12-2006 07:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Dec 2 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]269871[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

They should remake Settlers 2 because it'd be really cool to have a remake of a remake.
[/b]
i took a remixed song and remixed it and it became normial? :blink:

velik_m 03-12-2006 08:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Dec 2 2006, 09:18 PM) [snapback]269871[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
Remake of "Settlers II: Veni, Vidi, Vici" or its remake "The Settlers II 10th Anniversary"? :blink: :unsure: :huh:

Blood-Pigggy 03-12-2006 06:04 PM

Both, it's a remake of another remake that was remade to remake a game.

MdaG 04-12-2006 02:18 PM

I'd like to see the Fallout games remade with a cleaner engine.

Lozzenger2 05-12-2006 10:33 PM

Oooh.

UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Keep it exactly the same.
But have the option to play from the Aliens side.

A whole new world of Alien fun would be within our grasp.
Unless they've done that already?
I've only played up to the underwater version.
But that would be awesome.

Blood-Pigggy 05-12-2006 10:41 PM

Unless it's for a hand held, no one's gonna leave it looking exactly the same.

Lozzenger2 05-12-2006 11:14 PM

I meant in terms of how you played the game, building a base, sending out alien ships on a planet with the options to terrorise cities, destroy farm-like areas or intercept patrolling aircraft and attack human bases...pretty much do everything the human side of things tries so hard to stop. And of course with research and such, into new weapons and possibly into human culture? Could be an interesting point of view to take things on, which then leads to the development of more efficient ways to kill people & effectively take over the planet n_n

The looks side of things would be a whole different story.
Though even on the old graphics, Chrysallids had the ability to scare me senseless.
I can just imagine the scene of one breaking out of a person if we had better graphics to work with...I'm sure it'd have to be censored xD

Razor2 08-12-2006 10:42 AM

Master of Orion 2

Finish Fallout 3 (Van Buren), as it is said, it was 90some% finished when they axed it!

gufu1992 08-12-2006 11:14 PM

Please remember what you will start with plasmas alredy :(
Unbalance :(

Talin 10-12-2006 12:54 AM

hm... the earlier parts of Might and Magic series (I-II), and Daggerfall could use a remake, ive seen several of them come and go by the years, but they all sputter and die in the end.... :(

Frodo 10-12-2006 02:32 AM

A remake of Jack the Nipper 2: In Coconut Capers would be sweet. ^_^

http://www.mobygames.com/game/zx-spectrum/...-coconut-capers

gregor 10-12-2006 12:21 PM

I got one woth remaiking: Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. Even by today's standards that game is still a great one - the map area is huge. NOt ot mention the options game gives you. with a bit better in game graphics the game would totally rock. although cerain weapon effect were fantastic back then when it came out. the rail gun, the diruptor fire, the smoke...

also they should add some more options in remake like driving one of those spacecrafts like in Halo.

CorruptMylar 13-12-2006 10:58 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carcaroth @ Dec 2 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]269876[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

They should remake Neuromancer. It's a seminal sci-fi book, which became fashion again cause of this 80s revival going on, and would be a really cool game.
[/b]

That would definitly be a good story to start with. Wish they would come out with the movie. From what I read, it still has its foot in the door.

CorruptMylar 13-12-2006 11:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Dec 10 2006, 06:21 AM) [snapback]271196[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I got one woth remaiking: Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri. Even by today's standards that game is still a great one - the map area is huge. NOt ot mention the options game gives you. with a bit better in game graphics the game would totally rock. although cerain weapon effect were fantastic back then when it came out. the rail gun, the diruptor fire, the smoke...

also they should add some more options in remake like driving one of those spacecrafts like in Halo.
[/b]
Good call. I liked the booster jump aspect of the game and the mix of strategy and FPS.

I'm trying to think of a game that is close today. I guess Halo is close, but it doesn't really have a stealth component or the strategy like Terra Nova. And games like SOCOM and Counterstrike are too contemporary. Something in between.

Maybe a remake of Starship Troopers - and NOT that pathetic, ham-n-egger movie! I'm talking about the book with the squads of bouncing troops leaping in the air like Hulk in power armor with missles, lasers and fire pills and cool s*** like that!

gregor 14-12-2006 06:19 AM

Starsiege tribes or tribes or something like that is sort of a close one. i think i read that.

also i liked the drones idea where you can scout ahead and either put it on manual or drive it yourself.

I dont' know about Halo 2 but Halo 1 was so painfully boring (the second part) that i had to force my self to play it to the finish. the first part is promising though... but later it's like they were in a hurry and Copy & paste was a major tool to the map developers. plus the squad idea had bigger potential there.

CorruptMylar 14-12-2006 07:17 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Dec 14 2006, 12:19 AM) [snapback]271643[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Starsiege tribes or tribes or something like that is sort of a close one. i think i read that.
[/b]
Never played Tribes but I hear it's a great online game for 30 players at a time.

Quote:

also i liked the drones idea where you can scout ahead and either put it on manual or drive it yourself.
[/b]
Yeah, and I think you also had the ability to see from your squadmates point-of-view. In a remake it would be cool to remote control not only drones, but other vehicles. Maybe hack into the enemies vehicles.

Quote:

I dont' know about Halo 2 but Halo 1 was so painfully boring (the second part) that i had to force my self to play it to the finish. the first part is promising though... but later it's like they were in a hurry and Copy & paste was a major tool to the map developers. plus the squad idea had bigger potential there.
[/b]
I wasn't totally impressed with the first Halo either. But Halo 2 was a much better game. They increased the pace of the game considerably and had lots of varied evironments. The vehicles were much easier to control, the weapons more balanced, better music and story line. You should check it out if you can.

But, on the original topic, a remake of Terra Nova could be a lot like Halo except a little more complex. A game where you must come up with a plan of attack and coordinate with squadmates rather than just charge in. A thinking man's Halo.

CJ Marren 08-01-2007 03:06 AM

Not sure about remaking them, but Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret deserve a sequel... A top quality franchise that was killed by EA in it's prime...

I guess a graphical update of Monkey Island would be nice, but it might lose some of the charm of the originals. It is incredible how sweet they still are to play! Monkey Island 4 ain't as good, but it's not as bad as the comments above make it out to be :)

Cosmonaut_Roger 10-01-2007 01:33 AM

Oh man there are so many old games that I would love to see a remake of. Virtually all of the Origin games could really benefit from a remake. Crusader series, Bioforge, earlier Wing Commander games, Ultima, etc. etc. All of Origin's games represent the pinacle of computer game development and design in my opinion.

Otherwise, other games I would like to see a remake of would include:

Ascendancy (with better combat and more variety in the species)

The Space Quest games (specifically 3 and 4)

Earthsiege 1 (Still one of the best Mech games ever)

Destruction Derby

CorruptMylar 10-01-2007 03:13 PM

Temple of Elemental Evil

This game is a great RPG that uses the new 3.5 D&D rules. This game got a remake of sorts by a group called the Circle of Eight. The original game was a buggy damn thing, but the Co8 really made it playable again and added lots of nice touches. It's sad when fans have to debug games for a company.

Lulu_Jane 11-01-2007 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CorruptMylar
It's sad when fans have to debug games for a company.
Yes it is, but I think that the saddest thing is that they got released buggy in the first place.

Incidentally, a fan-remake of Full Throttle that stayed faithful to the original look and feel but fleshed out the story more (i.e a little bit more gameplay) could be interesting...

STFM 12-01-2007 03:09 AM

Space Harrier
Super Sprint or Super Cars
Armour Geddon
Rambo 3
Alien Syndrome
Altered Beast
Barbarian (Palace)
Midwinter
Defender of the Crown
Elf
Frontier Elite???
Mega lo Mania
No second prize
Operation Stealth
Simulcra
Sundog
IK+
Xenon (1)
Original Zork trilogy
if any of these are remade - let me know!!

nitro 17-01-2007 08:54 AM

One of my favourites: F19 Stealth Fighter. Upgraded graphics and sound and a campaign mode would make it very good.

Dave 02-04-2007 10:06 PM

I really would like to see the remake of Dune, Turrican II (it's an amiga game), Heroquest, X-Com, Duke Nukem 3d....and many other! :w00t:

Talin 03-04-2007 05:40 PM

and another game series that i want remaked are the SSI's AD & D Golden Box series (Pool fo Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Champions of Krynn, Dark Queen of Krynn, Death knights of Krynn, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness)

faeornran 04-04-2007 12:23 AM

Anvil of Dawn.
Stonekeep.
Darklands would be WONDERFUL.
A good MOO remake. I think there's a free remake in the works, called FreeOrion.
A MoM remake. I think they're remaking that one, too.

The QFG series. What I would LOVE to have happen is that the game goes through all the first five games in a brand new engine (I WANT QFG2 STYLE FIGHTING WITH A BETTER SPELL SYSTEM, PLZ KTHXBAI) as well as adding a sixth storyline. I would love it to pieces and if I died playing it, I would die the happiest man alive.

Hrm. I can't really think of any others at the moment.

The Fifth Horseman 04-04-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

They should remake Neuromancer. It's a seminal sci-fi book, which became fashion again cause of this 80s revival going on, and would be a really cool game.[/b]
I second that notion.
The old Neuromancer game isn't bad but personally I think a remake should be in order - CGA graphics are quite aged IMO - and there are many things that could be done better (like the cyberspace, for example).

wendymaree 10-04-2007 11:42 AM

The Kyrandia series are excellent games that don't need a remake, but I'd love to see a sequel. Westwood, even while they existed, were adament that they'd never do another, so it's up to a fan-based group to make another Kyrandia. Perhaps the storyline could continue where the first one left off...when Brandon takes the throne. Like to see many of the pre-loved locations revisted like the elevator tree, the Temple in the wood, the tulip stream, shadowlands, faery wood, the magic fountain, the exotic beach, perhaps from different perspectives. Often when they do a sequel they focus on new locations and places while the originals are more interesting.

I agree with STFM that I'd be great to see the Zork text games remade. And a new one in the series. I'd buy it in a minute.

Sebatianos 10-04-2007 07:07 PM

More ZORK!!! Yey - but should they remake a text adventures? I guess only if they make them into non-text based, otherwise what's the point - nicer fonts ;) ?

I don't know if there are so many remakes I'd like to see as ports from (well C64 mostly) and getting a little up to date in between. On of such should deffinetly be BLUE MAX (C64 game) or Beach-Head.

I must say I totally loved the "Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown" (DOTC remake) and the new "The Great Escape" games, although the second one can't really be considered a remake of the original game.

BTW - Nice to see you again Wendy!

jg007 10-04-2007 07:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Nov 29 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]269179[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

What about UN-makes?

the forth installment of Monkey Island,

[/b]
hey, I quite enjoyed monkey island 4, it wasn't that bad !

Bastos 13-04-2007 08:40 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jg007 @ Apr 10 2007, 08:59 PM) [snapback]286577[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Nov 29 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]269179[/snapback]
Quote:

What about UN-makes?

the forth installment of Monkey Island,

[/b]
hey, I quite enjoyed monkey island 4, it wasn't that bad !
[/b][/quote]

Although i normally only play adventures, i would really like a remake of 'Stunts'.
A game where you could drive around tracks, including open bridges, loopings, and more...

There have been a few games through the years wich offered the same, but none came close to the original.

An adventure that could use a remake is Neuromancer

L8r!

wendymaree 19-04-2007 02:04 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Apr 10 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]286571[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

More ZORK!!! Yey - but should they remake a text adventures? I guess only if they make them into non-text based, otherwise what's the point - nicer fonts ;) ?

[/b]

Hahaha... Of course with graphics, state of the art ones. Rapture.

Nice to see you, too, Sebatianos. Actually, you might find me somewhere you hadn't expected to. I've moved into the neighbourhood. ;)

velik_m 19-04-2007 02:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bastos @ Apr 13 2007, 08:40 AM) [snapback]286871[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Although i normally only play adventures, i would really like a remake of 'Stunts'.
A game where you could drive around tracks, including open bridges, loopings, and more...

There have been a few games through the years wich offered the same, but none came close to the original.

An adventure that could use a remake is Neuromancer

L8r!
[/b]
http://www.ultimatestunts.nl :whistling:

Bastos 20-04-2007 10:42 AM

http://www.ultimatestunts.nl
:brain:

hehe, this is good news...

Thanks for mentioning

L8r!

thebes 23-09-2007 01:50 AM

Also Battletech the Crescent Hawks' Inception, Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon, It came from the Desert, Phantasie1&2 and Tony Larussa baseball. Emmm,.. and Lords of the Rising Sun! :ok:

tea3rd 23-09-2007 02:11 AM

super mario rpg on the snes would be a awesome game for them to remake it was a perfect rpg not that easy but not imposable unlike some rpg's now a days

Timpsi 28-09-2007 06:52 AM

Solidarnosc!

It's a Polish game from 1991, published by California Dreams. You're in control of an anti-government movement in socialist Poland, fighting the oppression by printing posters and flyers, broadcasting over pirate radio, organizing rallies, jamming TV stations and so on. Unfortunately the game also has a nasty bug, which causes it to become unresponsive after a number of turns, thus rendering the game unplayable.

Definitely in need for a remake!

The original is available at HOTU.

another_guest 28-09-2007 08:24 AM

The list is endless... The first few that come to mind are:
- Syndicate
- Master of Magic
- Chaos Overlords
- Transport Tycoon

Japo 28-09-2007 01:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Sep 28 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]313599[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

- Transport Tycoon[/b]
Close enough:

http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/railroads.html

TheChosen 28-09-2007 01:58 PM

War in the Middle Earth could use a remake. The remake could be as good as the original, but It could include a better battle system (A mixture of RPG and strategy).

dosraider 28-09-2007 04:02 PM

My dentures need a remake ..... eeuuuuuuurhhh .... nevermind, wrong forum.
SORRY.

Forfeit 29-09-2007 04:46 PM

System Shock I.

System Shock II is still playable, but System Shock I graphics are way too bad.

dosraider 29-09-2007 05:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Demeanor @ Sep 29 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]313850[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

System Shock I.[/b]
Your wish is granted, Demeanor:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dosraider @ Sep 28 2007, 02:39 PM) [snapback]313657[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

SystemShock
Remake title: SS1-portable v0.8d
Website, download link, screenies:
http://www.strangebedfellows.de/index.php?...1.msg481#msg481

Runs in XP, not Vista.
Excellent remake, runs flawless in XPsp2 in 1024x768, SFX and music through my onboard AC97.
Listed as 'portable' but works flawless from HD.
BTW: read the readme ;)

If you liked SystemShock, you're gonna love this remake, really.
[/b]
You may go to the north pole now ...... ow ow .... other topic, nevermind the north pole.

scarslilpyro 02-10-2007 03:33 AM

Some games are good with a remake (1942 is crap compared to Bf2(000)

Some games are bad with the remake

12turtle12 02-10-2007 03:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(another_guest @ Sep 28 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]313599[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

The list is endless... The first few that come to mind are:
- Syndicate
- Master of Magic
- Chaos Overlords
- Transport Tycoon
[/b]
:drools: I was just going to post the first 2!

zafo999 03-10-2007 03:19 PM

Blaster Master - begging to be made into an FPS. Crazy monsters, interesting vehicles etc.

M.U.L.E. - I have no idea how they could remake this, but I'm pretty sure nobody would buy it but me and a small handful of equally nerdy people.

Colonel's Bequest - I'd love to see a Laura Bow survival horror in the vein of Clock Tower. Where it's basically an adventure game with the constant threat of a wandering murderer. And the early 1900's setting would be interesting.

Solar Winds - One of the few 'spaceship' games that really grabbed me. Where it was more story than just "Here's some space ships for you to shoot at, oh, and maybe some aliens or whatever."

Timpsi 03-10-2007 06:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zafo999 @ Oct 3 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]314470[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

M.U.L.E. - I have no idea how they could remake this, but I'm pretty sure nobody would buy it but me and a small handful of equally nerdy people.[/b]
Meet the small handful at http://www.worldofmule.net/tiki-index.php ;)

Eagle of Fire 03-10-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

- Transport Tycoon[/b]
It been done already. It's named "Sid Meirs Transportation". I made a review in the review space...

zafo999 03-10-2007 07:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Timpsi @ Oct 3 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]314495[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zafo999 @ Oct 3 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]314470[/snapback]
Quote:

M.U.L.E. - I have no idea how they could remake this, but I'm pretty sure nobody would buy it but me and a small handful of equally nerdy people.[/b]
Meet the small handful at http://www.worldofmule.net/tiki-index.php ;)
[/b][/quote]

My people! :w00t:

JoM 04-10-2007 09:58 AM

Zed desperately needs a remake/sequel/to be released as abandonware.

DeathDude 04-10-2007 01:32 PM

If they somehow could, seeing Deus Ex with updated graphics and maybe some extra gameplay additions (seen in the shifter mod,) would be cool, not to say that the original looks bad or anything but an update would be cools.

On the console front, if somehow Square ever decides to make FF VI in 3-D like they did with III and now with IV, that would be interesting to see.

Dave 05-10-2007 08:55 PM

I would like to see a remake of Flashback/Another World/Fade to Black. :)

The Fifth Horseman 06-10-2007 11:03 AM

Another World has been revamped with the 15th Anniversary edition. Supports much higher resolutions, with more detailed GFX and better sound.
And it works under Windows.

Dave 06-10-2007 11:51 AM

Oh! Found, should be this one, didn't know about it, thanks! ^_^

The Fifth Horseman 06-10-2007 01:00 PM

That's the one. Much better than the original Windows port, IMO. :)

CorruptMylar 09-10-2007 03:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Demeanor @ Sep 29 2007, 10:46 AM) [snapback]313850[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

System Shock I.

System Shock II is still playable, but System Shock I graphics are way too bad.
[/b]
Good to see my old topic alive and well.

The did make a "spiritual sucessor" to System Shock called Bioshock and it was pretty damn sweet. The had all the elements of SS2, just a different setting. Quite and incredible game if a little too short and easy. I really like the retro-futuristic tech elements and the amazing attention to the story. Hopefully, because it did so well, it will encourage solo campaign FPS development.

Timpsi 11-10-2007 12:35 PM

I've been hoping for a remake of the old 8-bit classic Spindizzy, which was similar to Marble Madness, but featured a more open world and free exploration. It still works great on an emulator, but a well-made remake would do it a world of good.

Well, it seems that there is one in the works, and that it looks awesome.

It was originally planned to be released early this year, but as it often goes, the programmer didn't meet his deadline. He is still working on it, though, and apparently it is very playable already.

I'm drooling here. :)

whatshisface 13-10-2007 09:40 PM

Elite 3? That would be a hell of an awesome remake. I can see it now ^_^ ...

Scarface 15-10-2007 04:33 AM

I'd love to see a remake of Stunt Island. The game was a very original mix of a flight sim and a movie maker sim.
Would be great with improved graphics and sounds :w00t:

Timpsi 26-10-2007 05:47 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whatshisface @ Oct 14 2007, 12:40 AM) [snapback]315997[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Elite 3? That would be a hell of an awesome remake. I can see it now ^_^ ...
[/b]
Of course you know that Braben is working on it?

rlbell 25-11-2007 02:14 AM

Someone did do a remake of XCOM: UFO Defence (AKA UFO: Enemy Unknown), called UFO: Extraterrestrial. I purchased a copy and I have posted my comments on the UFO: Extraterrestrial thread (also in Favorite oldies and newbies).

Dave 25-11-2007 11:14 AM

uther_ 26-11-2007 05:38 PM

A remake of Settlers II has already been made :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Set...th_Anniversary

Tylstrup 01-12-2007 06:12 PM

I know I am a new member, but I saw this thread and wanted to add my thoughts:

System Shock 2, I know there was a linkhttp://www.strangebedfellows.de/inde...pic,109.0.html, but "all" I saw was a remake of the first System Shock.

Master of Magic, has been noticed before but still...great game.

Archon I & II, I read somewhere that someone were trying to do a remake, but never finished...

Lords of Chaos, haven't seen any remakes of this one.

Lords of the Realm, see above.

Dave 01-12-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylstrup (Post 312880)
I know I am a new member, but I saw this thread and wanted to add my thoughts

Nothing wrong with it, welcome to abandonia :)

@uther_: Yeah, a friend told me that Settlers 2 remake is really nice, however the first version is still great ;)

piemaster 02-12-2007 01:27 AM

the obvious choice ;)

Well, obviously, Master of Magic:p

sillybuttons™ 14-12-2007 03:12 PM

Alien Breed and The Chaos Engine remade in a Silent Hill/Dino Crisis/Resident Evil kind of way would be way cool. On the subject of Dino Crisis, Capcom could remake DC2 as a survival horror rather than a shoot-em-up and dropkick that hash of a game they made originally through a cup of third energy. Bloody combos:mad:, have you ever?

Dave 14-12-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillybuttons™ (Post 313960)
Alien Breed

Yeah, I was wondering why nobody did a remake of it, it could be an Excellent FPS. :rolleyes:

Timpsi 16-12-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillybuttons™ (Post 313960)
Alien Breed and The Chaos Engine...

Shadowgrounds looks like an awesome modern Alien Breed descentant.

Tseki 19-12-2007 06:35 AM

Remake of Commander Keen series would be more than nice ! :eek:

Sir Frizz 07-01-2008 02:19 PM

Haha, remake Commander Keen. :)

I'd personally like to see Wing Commander 1 & 2 remade. I had the second one on a 5" floppy disk from about 1992, but alas, it went missing when someone tried to put it on 3.5" disks because they stopped making the 5's. :(

What else? A decent remake of the old Network Q RAC Rally game from around 1997. The one with Ford Proton Wira, Ford Escort and the old Subaru. I loved the music in that game, aswell as the novelty of changing around the with the set up of a car before a race, then fixing whatever was wrong after it. You could make out on the night stages that the headlamps had been smashed if you hit a wall or rock.

Would also be nice to see LBA 1 & 2 without those awful isometric viewpoints.

MechWarrior 2 is another one that could do with a little cosmetic makeover, too.

levethian 20-01-2008 12:53 PM

I'm not sure I have much respect for face-lifts.. Take Heroes of Might and Magic 2 vs 5 - a face-lift adds nothing in the long-term.

In my old age I have just begun to recognise that graphics (in games and movies) are advancing to the detriment of everything else games are about - in many cases.

Are you talking about face-lifting games which are really unplayable in their current state, but contain admirable gameplay features.. or something?

Panthro 22-01-2008 06:10 PM

I would reckon a remake is only neccesarry if there can be a significant update with regards to visuals, sound and interface (e.g. ultima series), or if the original was a great game but bugged and flawed and just needs to be made more user-friendly (e.g. daggerfall).

Also, please check out some fantastic people with regards to sierra remakes...

http://www.agdinteractive.com

http://www.infamous-adventures.com

Blood-Pigggy 22-01-2008 08:46 PM

I think remakes are generally a bad idea and I hate "update" remakes even more because they tend to ruin the things that made the original great.

Take for example the Dracula X remake on the PSP, the new 3D graphics and voice overs make it feel sooooooo generic, it also sucks major ass that you have to unlock the original game, especially when it's actually ten times better than the remade one because of the style alone.

_r.u.s.s. 23-01-2008 10:51 AM

a lot of people don't want to play original simply cause they are lazy to set it up running or they are too hypocrytical and hate graphics. so i don't think that remakes are bad idea. people have chance(and will) to play the games at least in newer form

Blood-Pigggy 23-01-2008 07:35 PM

Remakes ARE a bad idea, and people that think they're great are the ones who've never played the original or who are shallow losers who can't tell a good game from bad.

_r.u.s.s. 23-01-2008 08:36 PM

that you'r not in to gaming doesn't make you a shallow loser, lol

Dave 23-01-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blood-Pigggy (Post 317200)
Remakes ARE a bad idea, and people that think they're great are the ones who've never played the original or who are shallow losers who can't tell a good game from bad.

AHAHAH...look what you have written here about Turrican remake :p

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15815

Borodin 25-01-2008 03:38 AM

If we define remakes as attempts to improve on the original, then we get one answer. If we define remakes as attempts to redo the original on a later platform, we get another.

Unless it's being said that attempts to update a game are doomed to failure. That would make Railroad Tycoon II a failure, which it wasn't. It was a lot better than Sid's original, in my opinion, and though it be heresy to state it. :D And Exult? It not only allows us to run Ultima VII on Win XP, it adds a few new features.

Not to argue that most remakes are tired retreads. But that's to be expected in an industry-dominated market where creativity is frowned upon.

Quintopotere 25-01-2008 06:24 AM

Talking about remakes, I've bought The Settlers II 10th Anniversary edition.
I loved the first Settler II, and I'm really happy :nuts: now to be able to play both the original and the new version with the improved graphics.

The only downside is that the little new settlers have no more all those cute animations (e.g. reading newspaper): that makes me alittle bit angry:mad:

Why they kept everything and not that?

CorruptMylar 25-01-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 317153)
a lot of people don't want to play original simply cause they are lazy to set it up running or they are too hypocrytical and hate graphics. so i don't think that remakes are bad idea. people have chance(and will) to play the games at least in newer form

This is true. A lot of these games would be just fine graphically and gameplay "as is". Just cleaned up and debugged, maybe with a better user interface. I'm grateful for DOSBox, but I don't think anyone enjoys fiddling with it or bugs.

The Coop 26-01-2008 05:19 AM

I've never been that big a fan of remakes. Sure, it's nice to get prettier graphics, or possibly get a redone musical sure that sounds amazing, but there's something about playing the game in its original form that's always appealed to me more. You know, the "simpler" graphics, the synthesized tunes, seeing what the programmers could pull off with the limited amount of data storage they had at their disposal, stuff like that. I can appreciate the new titles and the level of realism they bring with the graphical, aural and gameplay improvements that've come to pass in the last twenty-plus years, but when it comes to throwing high res and insane polygons counts at classic DOS and console games... well, it's like some of the charm gets lost amongst all the added realism.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not the "OMG ITZ NOT LIEK TEH ORGINAL!" type. I thoroughly enjoy Doom 3's retelling of the original Doom, Super Castlevania IV's retreading of Castlevania, and I'd love to get the Another World remake. But I gotta say, if given the choice? I'd rather experience games like Wing Commander, Karateka and Thunder Force IV as they were, and not as they were visually/aurally re-envisioned.

I don't know. Guess I'm just too set in my pixelated, old school ways :amused:

RyannWolfgang 01-02-2008 09:03 AM

Overkill or any Starfight game that you can little by little upgrade and customize the ship as you progress.

Nowadays game have fancy shops and you can play against 200,000+ people.

Of course, I miss killing aliens for no reason.

zaphod_x86 02-02-2008 12:59 PM

When I woke up this morning I knew it:

Cybermage, I want a remake of Cybermage!

Blood-Pigggy 02-02-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David86 (Post 317208)
AHAHAH...look what you have written here about Turrican remake :p

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15815

Hahaha retard, that remake wasn't commercial.

_r.u.s.s. 02-02-2008 05:27 PM

you failed BP :p

Blood-Pigggy 02-02-2008 05:28 PM

How so, one of my least favorite thing about remakes is that they're cash ins, who gives a *MEEP* if someone made them in their spare time for free.

Fruitcake.

Dave 03-02-2008 12:50 PM

Ah, c'mon c'mon, I was joking a little :amused:

Quintopotere 20-02-2008 02:50 PM

Uuhhh... I really really wanna a remake of "Touchč: the adventures of the fifth musqueteer"
It was a great adventure game, but its graphics was very repeatitive (all the characters and the rooms was identique!). With a bit of restyling it could come out a five stars game (it is very humorous!)

CorruptMylar 02-04-2008 04:19 AM

Master of Magic.

But they should re-balance the game a bit. The should add some cool 3d cut scenes for when you defeat another wizard, gain spells, cast a overland enchantment. Make a better Grand Vizer option to auto run your cities. I was thinking a window select a group of cities and specify a type of city to autobuild (wealth, military, grow population, etc.). Make cities sortable by population, type of creature, production, etc. And of course make the A.I. better.

Lord Zero 05-04-2008 08:39 PM

Several games coul use a facelift. Hell, for example, American Mcgee's Alice, Hexen could use a remake or at least another sequel.

Those are examples of incredible design plagued by engine and technical issues. Particulary Alice. That game requires an excessive Engine make over, or at least a port. The jumping was beyond frustrating. Hexen always felt, for some reason, like it needed real 3D. Remember the mist in the keep? OMG that was a scream for realism.

dosraider 05-04-2008 09:49 PM

Try jHexen.
http://www.doomsdayhq.com/
:)

ianfreddie07 06-04-2008 03:33 AM

Hasn't been updated for quite a while though.

Back to topic. A remake of Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight would be nice. So as Betrayal at Krondor and Ultima Underworld.

Tseki 14-03-2017 04:21 PM

Anyone played Day of the Tentacle remake? Looks quite cool.

http://dott.doublefine.com

Smiling Spectre 14-03-2017 06:51 PM

I have it. As all LA remakes. But didn't started yet.

Tseki 14-03-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 467213)
I have it. As all LA remakes. But didn't started yet.

Excellent! I have physical copies of the best LucasArts' games.

Briny 23-02-2018 06:01 PM

yes, that's nice game, but my favorite are still counter strike and dota2. sorry)

The current time is 10:28 AM (GMT)