Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why The Hell Don't They Do A Remake Of ... ?! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12753)

whatshisface 26-11-2006 04:45 PM

Lets see.....
Autoduel, definitely, a great game but it really could use some better graphics...
Beyond Castle Wolfenstein would be nice, not like into a fps but the same thing except say... smaller pixels... better controls... more... stuff...

thebes 26-11-2006 05:03 PM

Return to Wolfenstein is pretty good! I would like an updated GNBNA along with all the extras it had before with the American ships and the German superships that were only in planning in the war.
Lucky for me they did redo Pirates! Also got Steel Panthers World at War on the net! They did Bard's Tale but it plays different, you don't have a party from the guild fighting with you all the time. SWOTL would be cool too. ^_^

Frodo 26-11-2006 06:46 PM

It would be amazing to see a remake of Phoenix. Imagine all those birds flying towards you in 3d. And imagine the mothership at the end. *drools*

:titan:

Mighty Midget 26-11-2006 07:20 PM

The Lost Patrol as a modern 3d multi-player team-based sneak/shooter would have been interesting :w00t:

And a bizarre one: Lazy Jones as a modern 3d first person whatever. Just for the sake of variety.

gufu1992 26-11-2006 08:41 PM

Fallout 3 - with additions from ideas of ?Van Buren. Keep it in the old camera view perspecttive - or allow the camera to see from different side - not different camera angle and such :)

X-Com UFO: KEEP the gameplay same! No new stuff - except few new guns! NO MORE - nothing! Also - keep the old bugs :) And yes - the graphics should be modernized.

C&C Renegade:Good graphics and maybe a little common sence(Make the videos look a little normal :)

Playbahnosh 26-11-2006 09:35 PM

Okay, I will point out the obvious now:

StarCraft --> change nothing, just some graphical facelift, like with the Settlers 2 10th anniversary

Diablo 2 --> same as above

Alter Ego --> I know there is The Sims series, but that's just a puppet game for kids. I thought about a realistic "choose your destiny" kinda game with real life situations, just like the original.

I can think of many more now, but I don't have time now...

TheChosen 27-11-2006 06:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V3r3k @ Nov 24 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]268570[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I would love to see a proper, modern FPS style remake of Wolfenstein 3D. I did find Dark Wolf
( http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com...etro_view&i=65 ) but it didn't have the same levels, so it only counts as half a remake :angry: . Its still fun, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
[/b]
Check out at the Underdogs. They have a remake of Spear of Destiny (Fake Spear, I think).

Lulu_Jane 29-11-2006 06:43 AM

What about UN-makes? I can think of a few games that deserve to be updated and remade (the early Sierra games for example) but their subsequent sequals deserve to be violently unmade - That horrific Kings Quest Thing-a-majig of Destiny (or whatever it was called) the forth installment of Monkey Island, and most depressingly Vivendi's offering of a Leisure Suit Larry game, made without Al Lowe and even more disturbingly, without Larry himself.

Personally, I reckon that Betrayal at Krondor could be vastly improved with a decent 3D engine. It might even be playable :)

Lozzenger2 29-11-2006 11:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gufu1992 @ Nov 26 2006, 09:41 PM) [snapback]268816[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

X-Com UFO: KEEP the gameplay same! No new stuff - except few new guns! NO MORE - nothing! Also - keep the old bugs :) And yes - the graphics should be modernized.

[/b]
Completely agreed, the later versions are nice, but nothing quite compares to the original gameplay.
Those chrysallids used to scare me enough way back when, god help me if they ever did revamp those. I'd be all for it.

I'd love to see Monkey Island 1&2 brought up to 3's graphic and sound standards, that'd be pretty sweet. (After playing 3 I can always hear guybrushes voice in my head when I play 1 & 2. Hah)

& the Legend of Kyrandia ~ Hand of Fate.
Add more spells and puzzles, that couldron could keep me busy for hours.

Mighty Midget 29-11-2006 11:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Loz @ Nov 29 2006, 01:33 PM) [snapback]269230[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'd love to see Monkey Island 1&2 brought up to 3's graphic and sound standards, that'd be pretty sweet. (After playing 3 I can always hear guybrushes voice in my head when I play 1 & 2. Hah)
[/b]
Personally, I'd rather they didn't. Part of the brilliancy of MI1-2 was the way the graphics worked, and by that I also mean the 2D point'n'click thing. The whole graphics package made it as ridiculous as the characters/plot, and I mean that in every positive way :) One problem MI suffers when played on a PC, is the different graphics modes. Some are "as good as the Amiga version", some are just aweful.

I admit that #3 was sweet: Nice cartoon graphics and introducing voice acting (who can forget the Pirate Song), but the first two (especially the first) still baffles me by its sheer effectiveness.

The current time is 06:46 PM (GMT)