Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Total Eclipse (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15020)

Sebatianos 06-08-2007 09:41 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

parapente 06-08-2007 11:28 AM

This game reminds me of one I used to play on my CPC 6128. It was called "The crypt" IIRC and it had the same kind of logic. Total Eclipse though is a bit more frustrating. All this heart beating makes me nervous :blink:

Guest 06-08-2007 07:51 PM

Domark did a lot of games with this same engine. Two others I can throw from the top of my mind are Castle Master 1 & 2. I once had all these three, which I got, if I recall right, along with Domarks own 3D Virtual Studio kit, which included the game engine, a thick manual and a video to teach how to use it.

A hard game. Never played it through, though I tried many times.

Sebatianos 06-08-2007 08:50 PM

That's great to know. I didn't know Castle Master was ported to PC as well. I know Total Eclipse (part two) wasn't even made for Amiga (I think it was C64 only), but Castle Master is like a brother to this game, which I remember quite well (at least part 1, never did play part two before). Do you by any chance still have the files? And that 3D Virtual Kit Studio? That would be a great addition as an extra to all the games that use this engine (once they are added)?

Avelardo 07-08-2007 03:28 AM

So... Is there a walkthrough for this game or what? :whistling: ;)

DonCorleone 07-08-2007 09:42 AM

I've got both Castle Master parts, too... so if there's any interest... ^_^

The Fifth Horseman 07-08-2007 01:00 PM

Both of Domark's 3D Construction Kits are at HOTU, IIRC.

parapente 07-08-2007 01:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE( @ Aug 7 2007, 06:28 AM) [snapback]303291[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

So... Is there a walkthrough for this game or what? :whistling: ;)
[/b]
In case you really want a walkthrough have a look at the whole review :whistling: :w00t:

zer0 07-08-2007 04:20 PM

Regarding the description of the game: "curse" (as in "the curse of the mummy") is spelled "curse" and not "course". A curse is something an evil pharao would cast at you for breaking into his tomb. A course is something you follow when you sail around the world in a yacht. Just thought I'd let you know for future reference. Keep up the good work! ;)

Sebatianos 07-08-2007 10:32 PM

Argh... I really hate the fact I can hardly spot my own mistakes (I read what I wanted to write, not what is acctually written). Thanks for pointing it out (it's corrected now). :ok:

PS, for all who want the walkthrough - click on the blue words in the review (they're not highlighted for no reason).

The current time is 01:28 AM (GMT)