Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Fire (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1394)

Puffin 22-11-2004 10:25 PM

Tonight, there burst out a fire close to my house. A tire-junkyard, about 5 minutes walk from my house, caught fire. There are black clouds over the city, and poision fumes. The police is driving around my neighbourhood, telling people in speakers to close windows and telling us to get ready to evict. I see that people in nearby houses are leaving, and my family might go to my grandmother, for some time. We don't know for how long. This is really scary.
When I got home from work, I went off the car and ran into the house. I had a scarf over my nouse and mouth, and it was disgusting. The smell of burning rubber and petrol isn't nice :blink:

On this page HERE are pictures of the fire. Under the picture is a link, it says "N?sta", there you can see more pics.

We leave our house if the wind changes directions.

Squalidangel 22-11-2004 10:29 PM

Sounds bad. :blink: Hope everything is cleaned by the holidays day for you. Stay safe and eeww keep that scarf handy...

Eagle of Fire 22-11-2004 10:32 PM

Yeah, I feel sorry for you. That's one of the worst thing which could have happened around your house. I hope that the pile of tires is not too big.

It will probably leave a whole mess... Cleaning everything afterward is not pleasant at all... But as long as you don't get intoxicated you should be fine. If I were you I would go somewhere else ASAP until it end.

Havell 22-11-2004 10:34 PM

Piles of tires take ages to burn, there's a really big one in Ireland and it's been smouldering for 20 years and they can't put it out.

Puffin 22-11-2004 10:35 PM

Our house is save for now, I've been told, but if the wind changes the slightly I move to my grandmom. We're closing all windows and taping then down....

Oh, I can't wait for tomorrow, having to take the bus to school!

[irony]

Eagle of Fire 22-11-2004 10:37 PM

:D

Puffin 22-11-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Nov 22 2004, 11:37 PM
Ok... Now you both work and go to school?

I can't stop myself but to feel even more sorry for you... :(

*L-OL*
Don't feel sorry for me!!
I can manage ;)

Dad says we're probably staying at home tonight, we'll see tomorrow....

Now i just heard police sirens drive pbehind my house :blink:

*goes check*

Tom Henrik 23-11-2004 08:27 AM

Maybe now you'll learn not to play with matches...

Nah, we'll miss you if you have to evacuate, but your health comes first.
And NO-ONE can make a Christmas dinner like good old grandma! :w00t:

Iron_Scarecrow 23-11-2004 08:41 AM

You're not wrong there. :ok:

Puffin 23-11-2004 08:48 AM

Well, we probably won't have to go.
Although they evacuated over 600 people from the houses around me tonight! But my house is in a good place when it comes to the wind right now.

This morning, the air outside was still disgusting, but without a doubt better than last night.

Now Auja is rushing me to finish this so she can use the computer. :ranting:

Cya!

The current time is 05:12 AM (GMT)