Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Download problems with few games I tried (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22934)

Not registered - Dena 25-12-2009 04:01 PM

Download problems with few games I tried

Hello and happy holidays everyone.

I just found this site, after searching for Master of Magic (a favourite old game) and it all looks fantastic.. except I cannot download games. I tried with Master of Magic, Master of Orion and Dune II and all of them give me "Cannot Display Page" or similar (in different browsers I tried) message after clicking the Get it! icon. I read that there was some issue with the server hosting the site a month ago, is it possible that it is the same issue? Thanks a lot!

The Fifth Horseman 25-12-2009 04:17 PM

Right now, the file server is offline and remote power cycling does not work.
We're trying to contact the people in charge about that, but... well, you know. It's Christmas. :/ (HATE. HATE. HATE.)

Not registered - Dena 25-12-2009 05:00 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply, I will try next few days.. Not really a rush, just was worried that the problem might be in me or my internet settings somehow.

Weavaloid 25-12-2009 10:58 PM

Same here, I just wanted to download Blood D:

DeBenno 26-12-2009 03:42 AM

Good to know I wasn't the only one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 391765)
Right now, the file server is offline and remote power cycling does not work.
We're trying to contact the people in charge about that, but... well, you know. It's Christmas. :/ (HATE. HATE. HATE.)

I had read an earlier thread on the secondary file server outside of the site / forums that stored the archives and figured this to be the case.

Lol to Christmas comment! I was thinking the same thing when I read the earlier thread. "Server must be down and its Christmas weekend, ugh!" Wonder if they work on Saturdays... If it was my office, the answer is no...:banana:

arete 26-12-2009 05:20 AM

I should put up a newspost with a pic of a sleeping reindeer next to a ringing telephone :mhh: Because Santa's stuck headfirst down a chimney somewhere and everyone's gone home.

wendymaree 26-12-2009 11:46 AM

same problem

Time Paradox wouldn't download for me, either. And neither would the forums display properly. Only four forums would show. Is the site having problems?

wendymaree 26-12-2009 11:50 AM

Oh, ok, the page has finally downloaded properly and I can see by the comments the site is indeed having probs. Sorry to hear that guys. Good luck with everything.

DeBenno 26-12-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arete (Post 391785)
I should put up a newspost with a pic of a sleeping reindeer next to a ringing telephone :mhh: Because Santa's stuck headfirst down a chimney somewhere and everyone's gone home.

I would be the first to have that one portrayed on my office wall!

Btw, I'm open for location / browser testing once they have reestablished the server connectivity if needed... Good Weekend to all!

Ribon 26-12-2009 08:07 PM

Of all the days to go offline. I just wanted to download Free Enterprise to kill boredom.. oh well.

The current time is 02:27 PM (GMT)