Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Weight Of Heavy Things (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11988)

TheChosen 22-09-2006 08:18 AM

While I was walking to my home, carrying my back filled with couple of library books (programming) I tought: Damn! This weights a lot! This is going to kill my back.

While walking, I started to think about weight and heavy things, and I got this question:

Which one is heavier, sin or debt?

Iron_Scarecrow 22-09-2006 08:46 AM

Depends on the scale of each.

TheChosen 22-09-2006 08:59 AM

I see.

Okay: Which one weights more? A handful of debt or a handful of sin.

Morrin 22-09-2006 10:58 AM

If my english here is enough and as debt we are talking about something that you owe to somebody, then I'd say debt. I always seek to pay / do my debts. Sin, well, kind of depends. In christian way Im deadly sinner I guess, but I do a lot of good things too I guess.

I don't know for sure. I don't think about that too much. Currently my biggest burden is that all my friends are scattered around the world. All of them settle in different places. It's really hard sometimes and I try to visit them every now and then.

But then again, that is why they invented things like phones, computer chat programs, booze and gloomy music. :ph34r:

Eagle of Fire 22-09-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Okay: Which one weights more? A handful of debt or a handful of sin.[/b]
It is the same. A handfull of something can only equal another handfull or something else when you use this as an argument of comparison.

A ton of feather is always equal to a ton of rock... Only the volume of the said ton change, a ton is a ton.

Morrin 22-09-2006 11:23 AM

But falling on ton of feathers is more comfortable than on ton of rocks. :bleh:

Grinder 22-09-2006 11:30 AM

Not one vote for sin. You profane heretics! :titan:
just kidding :sneaky:

Mighty Midget 22-09-2006 01:20 PM

Weeell. All religious aspects of sin aside: Sin leads to debt, so if you sin, then you also owe. If you owe, then you haven't neccessarily sinned. So I say sin (still, nothing religious here. Could be morally).

Shrek 22-09-2006 02:16 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Sep 22 2006, 02:20 PM) [snapback]256678[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Sin leads to debt, so if you sin, then you also owe....
[/b]
Care to explain?
If sin represents doing something wrong, does that means every time we do something wrong we get in debt with someone?
I don't think the two things can be related that easy... it would be the same as asking "what weights more: you soul (if you believe in its existence) or your self-awareness?"

Of course that, if we are speaking "morally", I can say that it depends on the sin and it depends on the debt... Each case has its own weight.

Mighty Midget 22-09-2006 02:27 PM

Sin, I think, since I'm not talking religion here, is a moral wrongdoing done to others. Then you owe them to mend it. I think that can be called debt.

The current time is 03:34 AM (GMT)