Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Doom 2 - Hell On Earth (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5101)

Tom Henrik 21-05-2005 08:14 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review + BUY link

UnHoly 21-05-2005 08:58 PM

I'm confused :blink: The game is site for a long time and the topic about it started just now. Why???

samtam90 21-05-2005 09:16 PM

I simply can't agree with the 3... for a masterpiece like this there should be at least a 4. The lack of plot is intentionally: Doom was tought as a mindless shooter and it's the one of the best FPS ever. It's so fun because great level building, secrets, enemies. Mark it whit a 3 only for lack of plot and not as good as other FPS (I think it's absolutely not true, because apart System Shock and few others there weren't shooters as good as this in 1994).

Tulac 21-05-2005 09:33 PM

This is Doom2 if you want to talk about innovation, the first Doom had it, but what's new in Doom2 except levels?

Also why is this topic started now?

UnHoly 21-05-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@May 21 2005, 11:33 PM
This is Doom2 if you want to talk about innovation, the first Doom had it, but what's new in Doom2 except levels?

Eee, monsters and music?? :D For me Doom 2 is much better than the first one, is faster, bigger and more action packed. I think Doom 2 is what Doom was meant to be.

Tom Henrik 21-05-2005 09:46 PM

Simply because this topic had never been created ;)

efthimios 21-05-2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UnHoly+May 21 2005, 09:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UnHoly @ May 21 2005, 09:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Tulac@May 21 2005, 11:33 PM

Eee, monsters and music?? :D For me Doom 2 is much better than the first one, is faster, bigger and more action packed. I think Doom 2 is what Doom was meant to be.[/b][/quote]
I completely agree. Though I liked the first one very much, it was the second one that I LOVED. Partly because of the double barrel shotgun, but also because the levels felt so much better. :guns:

Tulac 21-05-2005 10:07 PM

I'm not saying that the second Doom wasn't great(indeed it's what the first doom should've been), but it isn't revolutionary in any mean, and shooters like hexen and heretic in that time(not sure exactly when they were published) had more innovation than Doom 2...

efthimios 21-05-2005 11:24 PM

Indeed, but that doesn't make them better games does it? In the case you mentioned, Hexen, I liked the game but got bored with it very quickly in relation to Doom 2 (or 1). Matter of taste I guess.

TheGiantMidgit 22-05-2005 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@May 21 2005, 10:07 PM
I'm not saying that the second Doom wasn't great(indeed it's what the first doom should've been), but it isn't revolutionary in any mean, and shooters like hexen and heretic in that time(not sure exactly when they were published) had more innovation than Doom 2...
id did a good job with both hexen and heretic, but, in my opinion, they did a better job with Doom. Doom 2 has alot of innovation. Look at some of the level designs compared to Doom. It was like, in Doom, they were just learning their own engine, and they fully exploited it in Doom 2. Tricks and Traps, anyone?

The current time is 04:33 AM (GMT)