Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Approved Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Typing of the Dead, The (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1050)

BlackMageJawa 25-10-2004 10:29 PM

Typing of the Dead, The

I just got this game off HOTU, and damn is it good fun!

In case you've never heard of it, it's a PC port of a Dreamcast game- it's basically House of the Dead 2, except instead of using a lightgun to shoot zombies, all the mosters have text boxes floating in front of them. You have to type in the phrases in the box to kill the monsters!

It sounds strange (and it is), but it's also a lot of fun, and the phrases you have to type are funny too. It's hard to concentrate on killing a boss when you're typing in the story of the unluckiest vampire in the world (I should never have got married. My wife replaced my coffin with a sunbed!), or lamenting how love poetry just doesn't work (Roses are red, violets are blue. No, wait, violets aren't blue. Violets are violet! Sugar! what rhymes with violet?)

Great fun. Don't really know why I made this topic (at over 100 megs for a soundless rip, it's too big for Abandonia), but I just felt like sharing this with you all.

wormpaul 26-10-2004 12:53 PM

Sounds great :ok:

Red Diablo 26-10-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Oct 25 2004, 10:29 PM
Great fun. Don't really know why I made this topic (at over 100 megs for a soundless rip, it's too big for Abandonia), but I just felt like sharing this with you all.
That's what this forum's for, it's ok just to talk about which oldies are great !
They don't have to be on this site, now or in the future. (but most will be :D )

Thanks for the tip man, this sounds like one of a kind ! :ok:

FreeFreddy 26-10-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Oct 26 2004, 12:29 AM
(Roses are red, violets are blue)
This phrase comes from a song by Aqua called "Roses are red" :blink: LOL
Another resemblance in a game from somewhere else. :D
But hey, this game sounds pretty driven up. I like those games.
[Out of topic-mode]Did you ever hear something of Shadow Man? There's some black drug junkie living on the street, and in the next moment he'll be driven over by a car. After he's died, he'll be resurrected by some Voodoo priest and realizes there's also another world, the world of Hell and evil things. So he fights in each mission against the minions of hell, first on earth with conventional weapons and then with Voodoo magic in Hell. It's a really driven up game, so not everyone could like it, but it's hell of fun. :ok: [end of out of topic-mode]

Dave 06-09-2007 07:24 PM

Typing of the Dead, The (2000) Developed by SEGA & Published by Empire Interactive/Take Two Interactive
ESA protected and sold at Amazon

Paco 09-01-2010 12:34 PM

SEGA isnt the Publisher of the Windows-Version, so its no Protection.

Ermuli 09-01-2010 03:34 PM

I just bought the Windows version for 46,70 EUR. In perfect condition.

Professor Oak 10-09-2011 10:53 PM

The buylinks provided by Dave no longer sell the product to an agreeable degree, please provide new buylinks.

Expack2 10-09-2011 11:02 PM

I haven't found any valid buylinks, but for the sake of accuracy, could someone please verify my findings?

Cluseck 10-09-2011 11:27 PM

Sold only at British and German Amazon Marketplace.

I think we can label this as 'approved'.

The current time is 04:05 PM (GMT)