Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Suggestion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7367)

Dino 27-09-2005 10:51 AM

This idea came to my mind recently... I was thinking would it be possible to implement some sort of side-scrolling (or maybe top-down scrolling) thingie which would announce other additions to the site besides the updated games, along with relevant dates. Maybe something like ''Things to watch'' on AR.

In that frame, things like additions to the music, art, programs, ''in the press'' and the likes would be announced. Here's an example: ''21. 10.2005. - Check out Abandonia PC Gamer press review in our ''In the press' section ---------- 23.10.2005. New music files added to our music section --------- 26.10.2005. New banners added for sites that want link to us ------- and so on.

What do you think about that?

Sebatianos 27-09-2005 11:26 AM

It's a nice idea, but where would you put it? The main site is quite full as it is...

Tom Henrik 27-09-2005 11:37 AM

We'll think about it for the next layout :)

swiss 27-09-2005 11:39 AM

I like the idea, too. But *waaaaahhhhh* new layout ? why ? this one is cool!

Sebatianos 27-09-2005 11:42 AM

Well if you're considering a new layout... how about somehting like this:

Three parts of the screen with messages changing.
Upper part - latest update (newest game)
Middle part - last 10 updates (scrolling by)
Bottom part - other news related with the site (scroling by)

Dino 27-09-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss@Sep 27 2005, 12:39 PM
I'm sure that next layout would be even better if admins plan to introduce it. :ok:

Considering where to put it, if it's horizontal side to side scrolling marquee, it wouldn't take too much space in height. It could be positioned on the bottom of the page, just above ''Copyright © 2005. Abandonia.com'' and under updates frame.

Tom Henrik 27-09-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss@Sep 27 2005, 11:39 AM
We always change the layout from time to time.

There will always be new features that need to be implemented, and unlike HOTU we don't just throw a new button in whereever we can find the space. We like to do things properly and efficiently while still relying heavyly on user-friendlyness.

ReamusLQ 27-09-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Sep 27 2005, 04:37 AM
We'll think about it for the next layout :)
I keep hearing rumors of this "new layout" from Tom and the other admins. Whenever we make a suggestion about the same page, that's almost the exact same response every single time. I wonder if it's their way of quieting and appeasing the masses while they are really thinking "Shut up and stop whining already, we have lives!" :ok:

Tom Henrik 27-09-2005 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ReamusLQ@Sep 27 2005, 02:06 PM
"Shut up and stop whining already, we have lives!"
We do?!! :blink:

Damnit, I am always missing out :angry:

ReamusLQ 27-09-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik+Sep 27 2005, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Henrik @ Sep 27 2005, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ReamusLQ@Sep 27 2005, 02:06 PM
"Shut up and stop whining already, we have lives!"
We do?!! :blink:

Damnit, I am always missing out :angry: [/b][/quote]
Dictionary.com defines Life as "Human existence, relationships, or activity in general: real life; everyday life."

You exist as humans (though mainly just virtual as you are on the forum so often.) You engage in relationships (again, in the forum you have many people you converse with.) And you engage in activities in general (you post on the forum)

By this defintion and my brilliantly thinking brain, I deduce that you have a life, however miniscule it may be :bleh: :tomato:

All in good fun lads :ok:

The current time is 03:42 PM (GMT)