Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Unverified (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Privat investigator like adventure game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27913)

CMDRSweeper 01-10-2011 03:08 PM

Privat investigator like adventure game

Alright, the next game I need identified from my old childhood memories is also from around the Windows 95 era, and I seem to recall it as a DOS game (60% sure about that.)

However, you were playing a male, classic privat eye detective wearing a brown coat.
During this demo you gained access to a hotel room, belonging to somebody you were investigating.

As you search the room you find a gun (I seem to recall a sniper rifle in a case but not entirely sure, this is something I am just 30-40% sure about.)
At this point a PIP (Picture in Picture) pops up, showing your suspect entering the hotel and walking up to the room, here I remember that you had two choices.

One, was make a jump out the window and then the demo ended.
Two, you stayed in the room when he showed up and your character would try: "I can explain this." and the suspect would answer something along the lines of: "Yes, I understand" and would then shoot you and the game / demo would end there naturally.

Any takers to this title?

TotalAnarchy 01-10-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMDRSweeper (Post 434611)
Alright, the next game I need identified from my old childhood memories is also from around the Windows 95 era, and I seem to recall it as a DOS game (60% sure about that.)

However, you were playing a male, classic privat eye detective wearing a brown coat.
During this demo you gained access to a hotel room, belonging to somebody you were investigating.

As you search the room you find a gun (I seem to recall a sniper rifle in a case but not entirely sure, this is something I am just 30-40% sure about.)
At this point a PIP (Picture in Picture) pops up, showing your suspect entering the hotel and walking up to the room, here I remember that you had two choices.

One, was make a jump out the window and then the demo ended.
Two, you stayed in the room when he showed up and your character would try: "I can explain this." and the suspect would answer something along the lines of: "Yes, I understand" and would then shoot you and the game / demo would end there naturally.

Any takers to this title?

FMV or Cartoon graphics?

CMDRSweeper 01-10-2011 07:00 PM

Cartoony I would say.

TotalAnarchy 01-10-2011 07:28 PM

Then I'd say it's either a Tex Murphy game, Blade Runner, Discworld Noir or Jack Orlando.

CMDRSweeper 01-10-2011 08:03 PM

Of those, Jack Orlando is the one that seems to fit the bill graphics wise the most... Sadly no hotel room screenshots, but anyways... I will try that game and play it again and see if any good old memories resurface :P
I do know it was set with a 30-40ish atmosphere.

The current time is 11:00 PM (GMT)