Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Eye Of The Beholder 3 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3790)

Kon-Tiki 14-03-2005 10:49 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

punch999 14-03-2005 11:17 PM

Yes i have been waitig for this game forever since i was a huge fan of eob 2

DonCorleone 15-03-2005 12:29 AM

Never played one of these. But this one sounds very interesting. Think I should try one. Is necessary to start from the beginning :D ?
This one looks best...

Tony 15-03-2005 05:32 AM

No, you don't have to start from the first episode. Although, keep in mind that the 2nd episode "Assault on Myth Drannor" was the best of the three of them.

Kon-Tiki 15-03-2005 06:10 AM

Well, seems like you can import your party from one game to the next, so you can actually adventure through all three games while keeping your advancements (kinda like in QfG :D )

MV75 15-03-2005 06:47 AM

Yep, you can take a party (including most of their items as well), from 1st to 3rd game.

It's great because you get +5 weapons in the first game, (long sword, halberd, daggers), the best you get later is only +4. Actually, you get a +5 two handed holy sword in the 3rd, but it's so near the end it doesn't matter.

Also I don't know if anyone else knows, but in the 2nd EOB, there is a particular room in the azure tower that has a switch that releases a LOT of those big demon bear things (I can't be bothered getting my book right now to check). After killing them you can reset the switch and do it again. Just keep going until your characters have the experience needed to gain ~20 level as per the tables in the EOB3 manual, and when you import them over to EOB3, just kill a few of the grave mists for pretty much instant level up's, and you practically begin the game as ~20th level (max level).
________
VAPIR OXYGEN VAPORIZER

Mad-E-Fact 15-03-2005 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MV75@Mar 15 2005, 08:47 AM
Also I don't know if anyone else knows, but in the 2nd EOB, there is a particular room in the azure tower that has a switch that releases a LOT of those big demon bear things (I can't be bothered getting my book right now to check). After killing them you can reset the switch and do it again. Just keep going until your characters have the experience needed to gain ~20 level as per the tables in the EOB3 manual, and when you import them over to EOB3, just kill a few of the grave mists for pretty much instant level up's, and you practically begin the game as ~20th level (max level).
Yea, but what's the point? Part of the fun in such games is lvling up and picking up new items, when you deprive yourself of that, there's not much more left to it. Besides, the game already is easy enough as it is.

Spoonman 15-03-2005 08:01 AM

Yeah well this is just one of those typical RPG series I didn't like. Don't know what it was exactly, but I just got bored with it. :yawn:

Guest i am 15-03-2005 05:21 PM

:ot:

The copy protection link on extras seems to have extra "448" there, link works without it.

MrBackAlleySka 21-03-2005 07:55 PM

I got a question, if anyone has played both EotB2 and EotB2, for someone wholooks for pretty graphics, massive exploration, game length, diversity in weapons, but not really too picky on storyline or puzzle difficulty, which is better, 2 or 3?

The current time is 01:32 AM (GMT)