Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Abandoned Times (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   AT4 Update (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=34065)

LianneJW1912 28-01-2018 08:04 PM

AT4 Update

For those of you who are interested, I have also popped AT4 on Issuu for the time being, hopefully to direct some attention towards Abandonia, and of course to get AT out there a little bit more! With any luck AT4 will be up on Abandonia soon, at which point I'll start my serious work on AT5, although I have already made a small start to the newest issue! :)

Smiling Spectre 29-01-2018 10:55 AM

Thank you!

LianneJW1912 29-01-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469864)
Thank you!

No problem! I've looked forward to starting work on AT5, but I haven't heard much from people about the magazine in general... Eh, what can you do? XD

Mystvan 30-01-2018 10:58 AM

Greetings from Poke-man, :poke2: Bonk! Bonk! dear (E / Li)Lianne Jane Watson.

I have some suggestions to further publicize the AB Times. The Grand Emperor Japodeis :king: (not Capo :poke: nor Paco :paco:) could announce the AB Times on the Abandonia home page (news).

I think it is very unlikely that Abandonware sites will advertise AB Times, but Abandonia could advertise on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Steam, etc.

PS:
PS:

Smiling Spectre 01-02-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 469870)
Eh, what can you do? XD

Is it rhetoric question? Otherwise, well, I can check articles for correctness, remember? ;)

Mystvan 03-02-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469879)
Is it rhetoric question? Otherwise, well, I can check articles for correctness, remember? ;)

Errr... :umm: I do not know if you remember my little “tribute” to Ultimate Combiner / Gestalt named Computron :3monkey: for his vast encyclopedic knowledge... :hihihi:

Tribute to Computron

LianneJW1912 04-02-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 469879)

Yeah I remember :)

Japo 10-02-2018 07:06 PM

I'm very happy to report that I've just published the issue 4 download on the main site! Pls check if everything is ok:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/abandonia-times

Then tomorrow I can publish a news post, and hopefully Capo can post on Facebook Twitter and all that :-)

Thanks a lot Lianne!!! Sorry to have taken so long!

If you want to make a new thread for readers I can link it as for previous issues.

LianneJW1912 13-02-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 469910)
I'm very happy to report that I've just published the issue 4 download on the main site! Pls check if everything is ok:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/abandonia-times

Then tomorrow I can publish a news post, and hopefully Capo can post on Facebook Twitter and all that :-)

Thanks a lot Lianne!!! Sorry to have taken so long!

If you want to make a new thread for readers I can link it as for previous issues.

No worries! AT5 has begun, and yeah I'll make a thread when I get a minute :)

Japo 14-02-2018 01:28 PM

I have come down with a very strong flu. Could some other updater or admin make the news post?

Mystvan 15-02-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 469922)
I have come down with a very strong flu. Could some other updater or admin make the news post?

Greetings from Poke-man, :poke2: Grand Emperor Japodeis :king: (not Capo :poke: nor Paco :paco:).

It is with regret that I learned of your flu. So I quit my self-imposed exile for now.

As I also had this experience in 2010, I know how unpleasant it is. :sick: Without going to the doctor, it took me several days to fully recover (3 days of delirium :wacko: and several days of muscle aches and chills). So, I started taking the vaccine annually so that this does not happen again.

I sincerely hope that Imperial Sardaukar :laser: and Imperial Fremen :dirtyharry: can act as Anti-Virus against the viruses from Evil Santa’s Hellper :santa: and self-righteous Privatien Bible. https://media.giphy.com/media/29Sdfydfmkmv6/giphy.gif So, I wish you health improvements! And that you are no longer in Spain! May the Force be with you! :lightsaber:

Now, regarding the Updaters and Admins, the situation gets a bit more complicated:

Updaters and Admins

marko river 16-02-2018 02:48 PM

Huh, I just stmubled on this... so there should be newspost about ne AT issue? WOW!!!

You know what Japo, get better and you do newspost - honor should be yours :)

LianneJW1912 18-02-2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 469931)
Huh, I just stmubled on this... so there should be newspost about ne AT issue? WOW!!!

You know what Japo, get better and you do newspost - honor should be yours :)

Yup, and works starting on a new Issue already :P

Tracker 20-02-2018 08:46 PM

Wow you guys still keep doing it? That's wonderful! I just popped in to check how's AB is doing and its marvellous... I worked (more-or-less) on AT back in the day (I can't remember which one) and I thought a new one will never happen. I think I promised then-editor TA that I'll write an article on Infocom games.

(Just came here to brag that even though I never sent the article to TA, I did submit it for an academic writing course and got an A+. Yet another reason my old teachers should be thankful for the time I spent on AB. :D)

LianneJW1912 23-02-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 476902)
Wow you guys still keep doing it? That's wonderful! I just popped in to check how's AB is doing and its marvellous... I worked (more-or-less) on AT back in the day (I can't remember which one) and I thought a new one will never happen. I think I promised then-editor TA that I'll write an article on Infocom games.

(Just came here to brag that even though I never sent the article to TA, I did submit it for an academic writing course and got an A+. Yet another reason my old teachers should be thankful for the time I spent on AB. :D)

Would you be interested in sending it in for Issue 5? :)

Japo 03-03-2018 06:55 AM

I've received questions about pieces of eight rewards... There seems to be already something in place detailed here (we can link or copy this information e.g. into the sticky submissions thread):
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20292

I'll then go ahead with granting POEs for issue 4. But I need to know exactly who else besides Lianne contributed (or proof-read or whatever) anything and what? Lianne did you actuallyy do quite everything this time?

LianneJW1912 04-03-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482058)
I've received questions about pieces of eight rewards... There seems to be already something in place detailed here (we can link or copy this information e.g. into the sticky submissions thread):
http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20292

I'll then go ahead with granting POEs for issue 4. But I need to know exactly who else besides Lianne contributed (or proof-read or whatever) anything and what? Lianne did you actuallyy do quite everything this time?

The only person who assisted me was a friend of mine, who did my proof-reading, but she isn't on Abandonia (She doesn't even like old video games!! :( ) But I'm not too bothered about earning them myself, but more as an incentive for other people to write for AT :)

Smiling Spectre 07-03-2018 08:50 AM

I think, you need to be more clear with your words next time, Lyanne. Thank you.

Tracker 11-03-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 482016)
Would you be interested in sending it in for Issue 5? :)

Sure, no problem - I'll just need to dig it up from my old hard drive, it was 5 years and three computers ago. Let me know what's your timeline for the next issue and I will act accordingly.

LianneJW1912 11-03-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 482081)
Sure, no problem - I'll just need to dig it up from my old hard drive, it was 5 years and three computers ago. Let me know what's your timeline for the next issue and I will act accordingly.

I've only just moved out of the basic planning stage, and have started on the first article, so there's plenty enough time :) But the sooner the better, of course :P

Tracker 22-05-2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 482082)
I've only just moved out of the basic planning stage, and have started on the first article, so there's plenty enough time :) But the sooner the better, of course :P

How's it going Lianne? Still working on AT? I'd just like to update you I haven't found my old papers but I started a thread called 'Tracker's Trudging Through Tough Terrain' (yeah, I know lol) and I'm gonna write bi-weekly. You can at least take a butcher's and see some of my work. I have some reviews on site too, for Wizardry I-II-III and IV. Hit me up if there's something I can help with (reviewing, editing, layout, etc).

LianneJW1912 22-05-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 482340)
How's it going Lianne? Still working on AT? I'd just like to update you I haven't found my old papers but I started a thread called 'Tracker's Trudging Through Tough Terrain' (yeah, I know lol) and I'm gonna write bi-weekly. You can at least take a butcher's and see some of my work. I have some reviews on site too, for Wizardry I-II-III and IV. Hit me up if there's something I can help with (reviewing, editing, layout, etc).

Hey no problem, I'll check it out! And as it happens, not much, unfortunately the adult world has been very much getting in the way of my doing any serious work :/ But I haven't forgotten the project! If you want to write a review of any game you like, that is more than welcome, or of course you can use the Wizardry reviews as well, I'm sure we can put in a nudge for 'Tracker's Trudging Through Tough Terrain' as well :)

Tracker 22-05-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 482341)
Hey no problem, I'll check it out! And as it happens, not much, unfortunately the adult world has been very much getting in the way of my doing any serious work :/ But I haven't forgotten the project! If you want to write a review of any game you like, that is more than welcome, or of course you can use the Wizardry reviews as well, I'm sure we can put in a nudge for 'Tracker's Trudging Through Tough Terrain' as well :)

Adult world got me too. :( But hold on, weekend is coming!

I'd rather not reuse the Wizardry reviews, they're not particularly insightful and they've been on site for almost a decade. I'll keep submitting to my thread and we'll see if it fits into the magazine - maybe a column or two would suffice?

LianneJW1912 22-05-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 482342)
Adult world got me too. :( But hold on, weekend is coming!

I'd rather not reuse the Wizardry reviews, they're not particularly insightful and they've been on site for almost a decade. I'll keep submitting to my thread and we'll see if it fits into the magazine - maybe a column or two would suffice?

Well if you are sure, but it's probably not as bad as you think :P I reckon we could make a couple of columns work, if we throw in a few good pictures :P

ashley 14-08-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 469870)
No problem! I've looked forward to starting work on AT5, but I haven't heard much from people about the magazine in general... Eh, what can you do? XD

Hi! Can I just say how much I enjoyed the magazines! I was somehow unaware until recently, and honestly I think they're production grade publications.

I just quietly, I'd love to contribute in some way. So for the immediate term, I'll just have to donate :)

Japo 17-08-2018 05:43 PM

Thanks Ashley. :-) Donations go to website upkeep, which is separate. Anyhow great that you enjoyed it

Mystvan 18-08-2018 02:24 PM

:umm: Ummm ... If anyone has an interest, I could contribute and/or donate infamous and unfunny bad jokes, nonsense stuff, pranks and puns to brighten all those in spain, sadness and those of heartbreak. :OK: :hihihi:

LianneJW1912 09-06-2019 10:24 AM

Wow OK so, life hit me hard and fast! Apologies for having been away so long, but if there is still interest, I can get together my previous notes and plans and start trying to put together Issue 5?

Mystvan 09-06-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LianneJW1912 (Post 483718)

Wow OK so, life hit me hard and fast! Apologies for having been away so long, but if there is still interest, I can get together my previous notes and plans and start trying to put together Issue 5?

Welcome back to the AB Forums, £₤!@ηƐ ∫αŋƸ ωαƗ$фȠ! :paparazzi:

Well, this is the life with all its problems and responsibilities... :wall: This is an inevitable process of maturing that sooner or later we will all have to face... :whops:

Well, the AB Forums is a bit quiet lately, but I believe that all pertinent material will always be welcome... :)

The current time is 01:46 PM (GMT)