Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Rejected requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Wolfenstein 3D - Spear of Destiny [SOLD] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1176)

Ioncannon 06-11-2004 11:37 PM

Wolfenstein 3D - Spear of Destiny [SOLD]

Is Wolf3d: Spear of Destiny Abandon Ware? I have it if you want upload. Its special since you can't play the original wolf3d with it.

FreeFreddy 07-11-2004 12:06 AM

It's unfortunately still sold by ID software, I think. Though if it wouldn't, it would be great to have it here...

Shambler 09-11-2004 06:40 PM

I checked the Id website, and neither Wolfenstein nor Spear of Destiny were listed. Maybe SoD IS abandonware, but I'm not too sure. Even so, there might be a few sites out there where you can download it...

EDIT: Oh, I'm new here, by the way.

JJXB 09-11-2004 07:28 PM

it isn't. look here and you will see its still being sold

Shambler 09-11-2004 07:44 PM

Oh. Guess I didn't look hard enough. :blink:

EDIT: Fifteen bucks? Total ripoff!

Ioncannon 09-11-2004 07:57 PM

thats the way with un-abandonware.

wormpaul 10-11-2004 07:53 AM

Damm...just hate those guys..

Why still selling old games :sick:

Timpsi 10-11-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wormpaul@Nov 10 2004, 08:53 AM
Damm...just hate those guys..

Why still selling old games* :sick:

Excuse me? That's just ridiculous and unacceptable. First of all, it's their right to sell their own products. Secondly, abandonware is not about getting free games without feeling the guilt of stealing someones bread - it's about remembering and preserving the oldies that have been discontinued by their producers. Kind of continuing the developers job, but for free.

Sorry, but I truly dislike the "I want everything NOW" attitude you've just expressed. It shows absolutely no respect to the people who made the games, is completely self-centered, and greatly harms the general idea of abandonware.

I really cannot understand why the idea of supporting companies that keep offering their old classics to the public is so disgusting to you.

FreeFreddy 10-11-2004 11:59 AM

You said it, Timpsi. Abandonware sites are here to make those impossible to buy old games available to the public. But that doesn't mean that every one game should be available for free. It no one would buy games, where would the money for new ones come from? And don't forget about interest to create new games. If no one buys games, there's no money, there's no interest to create new ones because if people don't buy them, they don't show they're thankful for creating these games.
Ok, that with the money would be rather correct with the actual games, which aren't bought but copied illegally over. But this is another theme. But I agree - it's the right of the game producers to sell their software, if they don't support it anymore then it can be found again and placed as abandonware for all those who still want to play them.

Shambler 10-11-2004 08:15 PM

I don't object to ID selling the game, it's just that they're selling it for five times what they ought to be selling it for. That's just my opinion, though, and do keep in mind that I'm incredibly cheap. :whistle:

The current time is 02:04 AM (GMT)