Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   First Samurai (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4264)

Kon-Tiki 05-04-2005 11:32 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download

Dreadlord 05-04-2005 11:46 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, :D , childhood memories of my dad giving me this game for my B-day, it's what got me into gaming...

Thank you soooo much, Mister :blink: .

Acoustic Sectoid 05-04-2005 11:56 PM

I just read the story in the review, and it struck me as a bit samurai jack-esque. Has anyone seen samurai jack? samurai are cool, yey samurai.

MasterGrazzt 06-04-2005 01:09 AM

Man, everyone seems to want to copy Frank Miller's Ronin. :bleh:

Rugz 06-04-2005 02:25 AM

This is a great game. i remember playing it long time ago and recently when i played it again first thing that struck me was ..... this game story was so like samurai jack.

Oh yes this game was made like ten years before samurai jack so now we know where that series got inspiration from.

I also played second part of this game which was called " second samurai" and had better graphics similar gameplay and you could play with a friend on your side.

Good game overall

DeathDude 06-04-2005 02:39 AM

Wow this game brings me back, especially looking at the graphics and such, yeah I agree it does remind me of Samurai Jack, good stuff.

efthimios 06-04-2005 07:10 AM

No matter what some people might say (I am not referring to this site) this game too was released for the Atari ST and it was quite good.

Diab10 06-04-2005 07:35 AM

I cant unzip all of the files...!?
It says something like unsupported compression method 9
I couldnt unpack it even with winrar or winzip 8.0....
?

Steve 06-04-2005 08:50 AM

This was one of my first Amiga games. The music and artwork was way ahead of anything else released at the time. The Amiga version is well worth hunting down for the quality sound. Nostalgia overload :ok:

BLOODUK 06-04-2005 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve@Apr 6 2005, 08:50 AM
This was one of my first Amiga games. The music and artwork was way ahead of anything else released at the time. The Amiga version is well worth hunting down for the quality sound. Nostalgia overload :ok:
Wasnt one of my first but it was one i enjoyed alot on the amiga :cheers:

Spoonman 06-04-2005 02:04 PM

This game DOES NOT remind one of Samurai Jack
Samurai Jack reminds one of this game :P

Or maybe not.. but this game was made first though

Further more this is a great game, I only got to play the first stage or so at the time, and then my version just ended *poof* Anyway, I'm eager to give it another go :)

Jade 06-04-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diab10@Apr 6 2005, 07:35 AM
I cant unzip all of the files...!?
It says something like unsupported compression method 9
I couldnt unpack it even with winrar or winzip 8.0....
?

I can't unzip either with WinXP Extraction Wizard, it says unkown compression method, maybe the files weren't archived correctly.

Eagle of Fire 06-04-2005 10:31 PM

Use a recent version of Winzip.

holyman9 07-04-2005 02:47 AM

I can't unzip either, why would the uploader use a recent compression method only available to WinZip?? Please refrain from doing this in the future.

Besides that, great review and good choice for a game :ok:

HitNRun 07-04-2005 06:49 AM

Ahh this game brings back good memories...Just one question: Does anyone know what the lantern is for?

Kon-Tiki 07-04-2005 07:26 AM

It allows you to see hidden items. When walking near them, a little yellow star starts to flicker. Just hit it with your sword and fruit or the likes'll fall out. Hit those spots without the lantern, and it'll fall out too. With the lantarn, they're just marked.

Pietafon 07-04-2005 07:46 AM

Huh, I remember that I was playing the demo of this game on my C-64. After that I've tried to acquire full version, but for many reaons that was imposible ! :wall:
Now I'm sitting in front of my PC and enjoying it !
Big thanks for that :kosta:

Greets to all ABANDONIA crew (especially POLISH :cheers: ) !

quintopotere 07-04-2005 08:54 AM

I've had no problem in un-ziping with 7-zip, but the game don't start with VDM nor in DOSbox!!! :wall:

Even if i'm a real ninja :ph34r: i liked too much this Samurai-game in the past...

Guest 07-04-2005 04:05 PM

I played this one on both C64 and ST... The PC graphics seem an awful lot like the ST graphics, but maybe a slight bit more colorful...

Strobe 07-04-2005 04:43 PM

i'm sorry for the inconvenience some of you encountered when de-compressing
the archive, but let me assure you i have tested it thoroughly!

if you use an up-to-date archiver, you should not run into any problems with the
archive. and yes, i'd recommend to use 7zip, it works flawless in 99.5% of all
cases.

@ quintopotere:
i don't know why it wouldn't work in DOSBox, i had no problems with it - i even
tested it on my friends' computers, and there were no problems!

Pietafon 07-04-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Guest@Apr 7 2005, 04:05 PM
I played this one on both C64 and ST... The PC graphics seem an awful lot like the ST graphics, but maybe a slight bit more colorful...
Yo're absolutely right !! :ok: Graphics on C-64 also looked better than the PC version.

Spoonman 07-04-2005 06:57 PM

No probs here either, runs like a charm.. but I still don't quite understand why the slashing with the samurai sword goes at such a slow pace. I keep ramming the spacebar but the dude just keeps waiting between hacks. It's part of the game I guess, but my spacebar is letting loose now :P

quintopotere 07-04-2005 07:03 PM

I did it! :Brain:

I can play, but only setting the sound from the PC speker... :cry: ; well is not the best, but finally i can avenge my samurai-master!! :karate:

Greetings to you all! :bye:

Wanderer 08-04-2005 11:41 PM

I don't suppose anyone knows all the controls? I've got the arrow keys and the spacebar figured out, as well as how to use the bells, but other than that... Is there a way to look up or down? It would be really helpful...

Das Ei 30-04-2005 12:31 PM

:help: Can't play it because there's a password thingy, help?

hessekopp 01-05-2005 10:42 AM

NICE GAME.
does the Second Samurai exists too in any abandonsite?
i got it still for my amiga but wanna have it on my PC too!!!!!!
dont know how to emulate. anyway :crazy:

Samurai 05-07-2005 12:03 AM

There was a game I played where you played a samurai rabbit. I played it a long long time ago. I was hoping this one would be it but it's not. This is a cool game no doubt but I would really like to play the rabbit game again.
Can you help me?

:ph34r:

Knut 13-07-2005 05:43 PM

There's a Super Nintendo version, too ;)
That's why I thought "First Samurai" was SNES-only...

Guest 16-10-2005 11:11 AM

Maaaan!!! I remember only everhaving the demo version of this, and a friend of my dads had the full version. I was alway mad to give it a shot, but never realy had the chance!!!! Big up for getting this game up :-) :-)

Can't figure out what the bells are for though.... Pray tell? Oh, and are there any other controlls apart for the arrow keys and space bar?

Guest 10-12-2005 07:20 PM

Another amazing game by Rafaelle Cecco.

The Amiga versions, as always was better.

Emulating is easy btw: www.Winuae.net

Guest 19-01-2006 07:26 AM

Is there a guide for this PC version? I'm stuck in the 2nd level. Got a few water bucket but that's it :( Any help is really appriciated

Emeraldsson 03-02-2006 07:46 PM

This game is great!!! I remember it in black and white colours :-). But I cannot download it... in this forum there are so many gamers writing about this game so this is perhaps only my problem. I cannot figure it out! When I click on the picture with an arrow and GET IT, I am where I beginned, so I can try it again and again...

Sebatianos 03-02-2006 07:59 PM

Sorry, the link is broken - should be fixed soon (please check in with us later).

88 27-06-2006 07:39 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Samurai @ Jul 5 2005, 12:03 AM) [snapback]127570[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There was a game I played where you played a samurai rabbit. I played it a long long time ago. I was hoping this one would be it but it's not. This is a cool game no doubt but I would really like to play the rabbit game again.
Can you help me?

:ph34r:
[/b]
Ninja Rabits -> http://hol.abime.net/981

Guest 27-06-2006 07:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 16 2005, 11:11 AM) [snapback]168764[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Can't figure out what the bells are for though.... Pray tell? Oh, and are there any other controlls apart for the arrow keys and space bar?
[/b]
Press Space and it will pour water on fires and such, thus allowing you to go on. You use it in places where you're old master appears in translucent blue.

Guest 05-07-2006 12:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 27 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]240046[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 16 2005, 11:11 AM) [snapback]168764[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Press Space and it will pour water on fires and such, thus allowing you to go on. You use it in places where you're old master appears in translucent blue.
[/b][/quote]

It's not space...press the "b" key

btw...how do you use the teleports? :huh:

Guest_Ian_* 10-03-2007 12:14 PM

Finally finished the game. To defeat the last boss, just scroll down
You need at least 8 scrolls and the bell to summon the demon king (which is located at the checkered board). After summoning him, you need to destroy his 2 eyes and avoiding those fireball attacks as wel as appearing and disappearing in different places of the board, so be careful. After destroying his eyes, just hack him until he dies but watch out for his fireball attacks as well as the constant swarming of his minions as well.

Guest 23-10-2007 02:27 AM

i cant belive xD!! i just found the game i started playin when i was 5yo!! gosh i want to play it again (and finish it eventually xD)!

BranjoHello 11-04-2009 12:46 PM

In my book this is a good potential wasted because of unallowably slow character movement. :oh:

The current time is 05:56 PM (GMT)