Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Rejected requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Space Empires IV Deluxe [SOLD] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5331)

MdaG 01-06-2005 06:37 AM

Space Empires IV Deluxe [SOLD]

Is abandoned? I just noticed this.

"Out of print"

This game is what Master of Orion 3 should have been. It's simply amazing.

efthimios 01-06-2005 08:47 AM

It is out of print for a couple of years now IIRC.

I still doubt it is abandoned.

I have SEIV but I don't like it that much unfortunately.

MdaG 01-06-2005 09:09 AM

Really. I think it has it all. Well in terms of gamplay at least. The music could have been better and the graphics is just ok. But I still think it's the best 4X game out there.

efthimios 01-06-2005 09:42 AM

Don't get me wrong, it is a very very good game and can be easily considered one of the best of its type ever. Just not for me. I prefer Star Trek Birth of the Federation, Ascendancy, GalCiv, Imperium and Stars! from SEIV.
The problem for me is that I get bored playing it. It has almost everything yes, but for some reason I can't easily get pass turn 200 or so without falling asleep. Well, not really but you get my point. :D

edited spelling error, I think.

Borodin 01-06-2005 10:58 AM

Poor AI.

Rogue 01-06-2005 12:40 PM

I never played this game, but I understand what efthimios means by getting bored with the game. :)

Some games might be perfect, but they missing that thing that keep us wanting more, and trying to finish levels...

MdaG 01-06-2005 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Borodin@Jun 1 2005, 10:58 AM
Poor AI.
I didn't think the AI was that bad :eeeeeh:

Then again, maybe I just suck? :D

Rogue 01-06-2005 07:04 PM

THat's case with me with some other strategy games....

Everyone is looking for stronger and smarter AI, and current one is beating creap out of me. (I like to try hard levels)

lgonggr 16-06-2005 11:05 PM

SE IV should be played mutliplayer for a really kick behind game. It takes a very long time tough, as it is play-by-email. Nevertheless, one game lasted 212 days :w00t: (when I finally lost unfortunately) and it rocked. You have so many possibilities for offence and defense (as a human) the game can go anywhere. The AI is merciless, but unoriginal, when it is set at the highest level. This is more a game for the chess players amongst us however. There is an even better 4X game, came out last year, can't recall the name, was a big underground hit.

Anyway, I once played Stars! eight years ago and it was a lot of fun. Is this game for sale or protected ? I can't remember, played it at a friend's place.

Cheers,
Lodewijk

Borodin 18-06-2005 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lgonggr@Jun 16 2005, 11:05 PM
There is an even better 4X game, came out last year, can't recall the name, was a big underground hit.

Starships Unlimited 3, by any chance?

The current time is 03:09 PM (GMT)