Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Chasm - The Rift (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=22028)

Tomekk 12-10-2009 07:08 PM

Chasm - The Rift

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

WolverineDK 12-10-2009 11:59 PM

I think it would be nice, if they had released the source code, around the same time Quakes source code was released. Since then I think Chasm The Rift would perhaps get some respect back. And perhaps get a Windows port too :) And well if any one wanted to make some deathmatch levels, then there was a level editor to the game on the CD, but levels can also be made with the doomwad editor XWE.

mcadamico 14-10-2009 02:30 AM

Seems like a fun game, however, my mouse drifts. Just standing there, my guy slowly turns to the right. Any ideas?

bobson 14-10-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcadamico (Post 385497)
Seems like a fun game, however, my mouse drifts. Just standing there, my guy slowly turns to the right. Any ideas?

Problem in DOSBox or Windows? With patch or just archive?

mcadamico 14-10-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob-satan (Post 385508)
Problem in DOSBox or Windows? With patch or just archive?

I'm playing it in Dosbox. The game is patched, and I've also added the mutli player update.

MrFlibble 14-10-2009 01:25 PM

A very nice, highly enjoyable game with interesting level design, good looks and an inventive approach to boss battles ;)

bobson 14-10-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcadamico (Post 385523)
I'm playing it in Dosbox. The game is patched, and I've also added the mutli player update.

Try to play in DOSBox - there are no problems, apart from probably low framerate if you computer is not very good (I have a C2D 2,4Ghz, 2GB RAM and Radeon HD2600XT and framerate was around 20fps in 640x400).

Luchsen 14-10-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the DOSBox readme
Q: The cursor always moves into one direction!
A: See if it still happens if you disable the joystick emulation, set joysticktype=none in the [joystick] section of your DOSBox configuration file. Maybe also try unplugging any joystick/gamepad. If you want to use the joystick in the game, try setting timed=false and be sure to calibrate the joystick (both in your OS as well as in the game or the game's setup program).

bobson 14-10-2009 08:00 PM

now I've noticed how dumb was my previous post ... Somehow I read "I'm NOT playing in DOSBox ..."

I thought it's a problem under Windows ...

BTW: I never changed anything about the joystick (joysticktype=auto, timed=true) and had no problem with the game at all, with or without the patch and in extra levels ... weird, as I remember Tomekk said something about the same problem in chatbox before update. There can be some other problem, maybe with the key-config? I remapped them to have WASD control instead of arrows and removed some other not necessary keys.

jackmaundrell6 08-06-2010 09:52 AM

Chasm the rift is based on Quake engine, very enjoyable short game with nice sound effects : ).

The current time is 04:53 AM (GMT)