Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fallout 3 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12161)

viking45 02-10-2006 11:29 PM

Hey, noticed alot of other Fallout fans out here..
Just wondering if any of you guys have heard any other rumors about Fallout 3 than me..

I heard it`s in development, but they changed programmers or something so it`s delayed like hell..
And I heard rumors that it might be an MMO...
That would be awesome. And even more so if they still managed to keep that old Fallout feel to it

The Fifth Horseman 03-10-2006 11:48 AM

I heard some and then some. No hard facts, however.

Tervez 03-10-2006 12:25 PM

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Bethesda has been working on Fallout 3 since 2004 and has announced their intention to make Fallout 3 similar to the previous two games, focusing on non-linear gameplay, a good story, and true "Fallout humor". Bethesda has also stated the game will be rated M for mature, and will have the same sort of adult themes, violence, and depravity that are essential to a Fallout game. However, no screenshots, videos, or concept art have been made available to the public, and whilst Bethesda have confirmed that Fallout 3 will be multi-platform, they have not announced which platforms (aside from the PC) the game will appear on.

Fallout 3 will use the same engine as The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, a custom Gamebryo engine, though it can be assumed the engine will be upgraded to be graphically competitive when the game is released.[/b]
If this is true, it indeed means that the game is being made for now.

I don't like the sound of the fact that it will use Oblivions engine. Does this mean it will be viewed in 1st person?

Morrin 05-10-2006 10:27 AM

This is going to suck, Im afraid. There is still hope, I suppose. But I just really cannot understand why they have to make it 3d ™. Im definetly going to get pissed if you cannot get to *****s, use drugs and kill children in this game.

TheChosen 05-10-2006 11:08 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Morrin @ Oct 5 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]259541[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

This is going to suck, Im afraid. There is still hope, I suppose. But I just really cannot understand why they have to make it 3d ™. Im definetly going to get pissed if you cannot get to *****s, use drugs and kill children in this game.
[/b]

I agree.

Blood-Pigggy 05-10-2006 12:22 PM

No, the developers are good, they've hardly made a bad game in the history of their company.

Personally, people who says its going to suck are losers, it may be different, but it's Fallout, and you should just be happy a sequel is being made for a game almost nobody bought.

Also, if you DON'T make a commercial game 3D during this game and age, you are a moron, this is modern times, you need to have at least decent graphics, it's expected, it's not the most important part, but it's needed, no one wants to buy a $50 game and encounter ugly gritty 2D graphics.

Morrin 05-10-2006 01:17 PM

Yeah, but 2d is elite! :bleh:

Whoops.. by 3d I meant 1st to 3rd person

gregor 05-10-2006 01:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Oct 5 2006, 12:22 PM) [snapback]259575[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Also, if you DON'T make a commercial game 3D during this game and age, you are a moron, this is modern times, you need to have at least decent graphics, it's expected, it's not the most important part, but it's needed, no one wants to buy a $50 game and encounter ugly gritty 2D graphics.
[/b]
yah makes me wonder then why are they still selling some older games at quite high prices (such as Space Empires III).

Blood-Pigggy 05-10-2006 08:42 PM

It's all up to the develepor/publisher on how much it will cost, they're just being stupid.

gufu1992 06-10-2006 01:45 AM

BTW.... I don't care.... I just want to get biuetefull dearh sequience....

The current time is 02:56 AM (GMT)