Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reviews (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=14484)

Blood-Pigggy 13-06-2007 08:52 PM

I have a few reviews and screens that I wanted to do for games awhile back, and felt like uploading them, unfortunately, I don't have the link to the FTP, so I couldn't.

Then came the worse part, I also wanted to get permission to review some games that I didn't have for already, BUT I HAVE NO PM.
E-mailing is as reliable as shoving my foot in a wood chipper and hoping I'll scratch an itch. So how am I supposed to request a game for review?

Stroggy 13-06-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

how am I supposed to request a game for review?[/b]
Making this thread is a good start.

Why can't you use PM?

EDIT: in the old days I would simply send Kosta or Tom a message on MSN.

Blood-Pigggy 13-06-2007 09:22 PM

It was removed because I was a "bad boy".
I don't really care for that, all that I'm saying is that my ability to contribute to the site has been removed ever since and I think that's unfair.

Mighty Midget 13-06-2007 09:30 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 13 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]294277[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I don't really care for that, all that I'm saying is that my ability to contribute to the site has been removed ever since and I think that's unfair.
[/b]
Well, you could always send me the stuff, and I'll be more than happy to steal.... I mean, forward it for you :sneaky:

EDIT: You didn't put your name on any screenshots or anything, did you?

Blood-Pigggy 13-06-2007 09:42 PM

No, why would I put my name on a screenshot.

EDIT: It's not the getting it on the server, it's getting the actual link to the download, and the fact that they need to mark me down as doing the review for that specific game.

Tulac 13-06-2007 09:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 13 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]294277[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]
You can E-mail it to me and I'll upload it, or you can ask Kosta over at AR where your PM's probably work. Although the site is paralysed FTP-wise since the servers are moving so we are unable to make an update anyway.

Actual link to the download of what?

The Fifth Horseman 14-06-2007 09:52 AM

You've got your PM again, Piggy.

Sebatianos 14-06-2007 09:55 AM

I think he's talking about the link to download the game archive which he wants to review. They should be somewhere on the server.

Well, I guess all the updaters still have access to that so all that needs to be done is to move the game archive to apropriate folder from which it can be fully downloaded, and then when Piggy reviews and screenshots it to upload the games to the incoming folder and then make an update. All quite easy - but I don't know who can edit the post with listed games waiting for reviews (I think Horseman would be the best bet, he's been made an admin and he's present most of the time - but I'm not sure if he's allowed to do that).

The Fifth Horseman 14-06-2007 10:48 AM

I can edit it, but at the present I have no power over updating anything nor adding corresponding entries to the Oldwarez List.

Blood-Pigggy 14-06-2007 04:17 PM

Who're all the people I can contact about doing reviews again?
Thanks for returning zeh PM.

The current time is 12:38 AM (GMT)