Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Darkseed (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2974)

Kosta 07-02-2005 12:37 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & Download

xoopx 07-02-2005 01:06 PM

good game, but tough.
you have to bear in mind there is a strict time limit to complete the game, and you need to be in certain places at the right time for some things to occur. . and do obscure things in the dark world to mirror in the light world. i gave up and used a walkthrough to finish it.

that copy protection bug really caught me out, and i even filed a 'non working' report at the dosbox compatibility thing over it.. but it turns out its some strange quirk of later versions of dosbox where the copy protection comes up green (it should come up with a black screen with text, saying "cracked by (whoever) press enter")

holly 07-02-2005 03:52 PM

help canot play game screen opens then goes blank.

Hunden 07-02-2005 03:59 PM

Holly, maybe that's because you play it in your standart system. Like win98 or winXP. you need the program, you can download under files, called dosbox.

I remember the game, I use to get freaky nightmares because of it, so no way in hell I'm playing it again :P

Mad-E-Fact 07-02-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by xoopx@Feb 7 2005, 01:06 PM
good game, but tough.
you have to bear in mind there is a strict time limit to complete the game, and you need to be in certain places at the right time for some things to occur. . and do obscure things in the dark world to mirror in the light world.

Yea, that's a pretty realistic approach, but for a game it makes it very hard, when you can f*** up every few mins and have to reload.

unregistered 07-02-2005 05:31 PM

I'm on WinXP. I created a batch file (DS1.BAT) in the game directory
with only the line:

COMMAND /C .\DS.BAT

and used that to start the game in DOSbox, the green screen does not appear.

Of course, you could also use:

%COMSPEC% /C .\DS.BAT

Then, you must make sure that you mount the drive that is referenced by
your %COMSPEC% variable. Just type SET at the DOS prompt to verify.

PeeWeeHerman666 07-02-2005 11:49 PM

Something interesting: Second picture from the bottom, the one with the graves. It appears that the character is remarking that the one gravestone is that of an

"R. Threepwood"....

An homage to good ole Guybrush, or a deliberate death threat, who knows.

xoopx 08-02-2005 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PeeWeeHerman666@Feb 7 2005, 11:49 PM
Something interesting: Second picture from the bottom, the one with the graves. It appears that the character is remarking that the one gravestone is that of an

"R. Threepwood"....

An homage to good ole Guybrush, or a deliberate death threat, who knows.

haha i noticed that too. a lot of the graves have a comment on them if you click them.
it was a nice subtle homage to monkey island... unlike in "the longest journey" which made a bit of a ham-fisted meal of the monkey island references.

wendymaree 08-02-2005 07:29 AM

This is my kind of game. Mwahhh! I've had it among my collection for a while but now I've read your review Reup, I can see what I've been missing.

Justice 08-02-2005 08:59 AM

:cry: well it just dun work for me im under dosbox 0.63 the game starts adn afterh first image comes a tx taht says after the guys nigthmare and puff black out all game just messed up

The current time is 03:10 PM (GMT)