Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hired Guns DOS CD-ROM Edition (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46360)

slx 05-06-2019 06:44 PM

Hired Guns DOS CD-ROM Edition

Hello!
Does anybody know what the difference on the CD-ROM edition of the Hired Guns DOS version game?
Does it contain CD music, or demos, or something else?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/hired-guns/release-info

Mystvan 05-06-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483688)

Hello!
Does anybody know what the difference on the CD-ROM edition of the Hired Guns DOS version game?
Does it contain CD music, or demos, or something else?
https://www.mobygames.com/game/hired-guns/release-info

I do not know what differentiates both versions, but we can infer with reasonable probability of success:

• The CD-ROM version may have improved graphics;
• The CD-ROM version may have full voice (Voice Pack);
• The CD-ROM version may have better quality sound effects;
• The CD-ROM version may have OST;
• The CD-ROM version may have Extras;

Maybe Grandmaster Spectreman or someone might know something more concrete... :dunno:

slx 06-06-2019 06:48 PM

I haven't heard about this version and I found it accidentally!
But a lot of releases are lack of any meaningful "upgrades"...
edit:
And 1 thing for sure this CD version went to the USA market.

Smiling Spectre 07-06-2019 12:32 PM

CD is 4MB full. So you can guess "it's the same as Floppy Release".

Check yourself.

There is also un-released remake. "Practically full", if OG can be trusted. You can check it too.

slx 07-06-2019 05:30 PM

Thanks the infos!
I think the CD (4.21 MB) is the same as the FDD version... they have the same files and
the FDD version released on 4 disks (the last 1 has 91 KB data on it) and the whole size is 4.14 MB.
And the CD version doesn't contain the Gravis Soundcard and MIDI compatibility!

Mystvan 07-06-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483701)

CD is 4MB full. So you can guess "it's the same as Floppy Release".

Check yourself.

There is also un-released remake. "Practically full", if OG can be trusted. You can check it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483703)

Thanks the infos!
I think the CD (4.21 MB) is the same as the FDD version... they have the same files and
the FDD version released on 4 disks (the last 1 has 91 KB data on it) and the whole size is 4.14 MB.

To tell you the truth, I am really disappointed... :sick: because I expected improvements in the CD-ROM version mentioned by me earlier above...

OK, I know Syndicate (Plus) was supposedly identical to the FDD version... while Warcraft had OST and Wing Commander: Privater had Speech Pack (Voice Pack) and Expansion Pack (Righteous Fire)...

Smiling Spectre 07-06-2019 11:12 PM

Check exoDOS collection, Mystwan. There are tons of never-enywhere-seen CD-versions, and I heard that the new version, somewhere closer to the end of the year, will have even more. :)

Smiling Spectre 07-06-2019 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483703)
Thanks the infos!

Well, it have Roland and SB. Is it not enough? :)

...researched the problem. Hmm. It seems, there are two versions, and GUS is in American only.

Ok, I tracked NA floppy version (it's in TDC), with MIDI. Do you need it? :) Give me your email in PM.

Mystvan 08-06-2019 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483711)

Check exoDOS collection, Mystwan. There are tons of never-enywhere-seen CD-versions, and I heard that the new version, somewhere closer to the end of the year, will have even more. :)

OK. :OK: Thanks for the information! I took a look and it seems to be really very interesting Collection! :)

slx 08-06-2019 08:28 PM

Honestly guys, I was completly disappointed because a lot of CD releases what haven't got any difference from the FDD versions... just like the mentioned Syndicate game!
But this happened on the Commodore Amiga CD32 console, too.
Sad... the companies did nothing and sold the same for the profit, only. :(

slx 09-06-2019 05:12 PM

I would like to ask from you have you got the list of the eXoDOS Collection Version 2.0?
What does it contains?
It is too long time to download it because it is 376GB!

Mystvan 09-06-2019 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483720)

I would like to ask from you have you got the list of the eXoDOS Collection Version 2.0?
What does it contains?

Well, I am still downloading this huge file. :yawn:

We can only imagine that there are thousands upon thousands of DOS games. :OK:

I would suggest you connect an External HDD to your Desktop / Notebook so there is enough space to fully download the file. *shrug* :dunno:

It is very worth doing! :2thumbs:

Smiling Spectre 10-06-2019 05:20 AM

2.0 is a _very_ outdated version, guys. Seek for 3.11.

Masterlist:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-wMwahZ-hkoz0/

Mystvan 10-06-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483727)

2.0 is a _very_ outdated version, guys. Seek for 3.11.

Masterlist:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...-wMwahZ-hkoz0/

OK. Thanks for the info and the List. The List was very enlightening! :OK:

EDIT:

Quote:

-------------------------------------------------------
Current & Future Volumes Sec08
-------------------------------------------------------
Current:
eXoDOS Volume 1: The Adventure Collection
eXoDOS Volume 2: The RPG Collection
eXoDOS Volume 3: The Strategy Collection
eXoDOS Volume 4: The Simulation\Sports\Educational Collection
eXoDOS Volume 5: The Action Collection
Win3xO: The Win 3.x Collection

After the release of all individual 3.11 collections, a complete, merged, version will be released.

I will wait until the complete, merged version for eXoDOS 3.11 gets released.

Smiling Spectre 11-06-2019 08:59 AM

Preliminary date is the end of summer. It will be merged, 4.0 version. No hard promises from eXo though. :) It will be no merged 3.11 (but actually all tomes merged itself in one, if you have all of them), and there are no plans for including Win 3.x collection so far.

slx 11-06-2019 09:59 AM

Thanks for the infos! Where will it be downloadable?

Mystvan 11-06-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483720)

What does it contains?

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483736)

Thanks for the infos! Where will it be downloadable?

The download of the file named eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 was completed this morning (Time in Brazil). :yawn:

Now, I am uploading the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file to the cloud via Dropbox Business.

The completion of uploading the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file will probably take several days and/or weeks as the Upload Rate is very low even for Ultra Broadband Users. :sick: :yawn:

I do not know if there is a file size limit for Dropbox Business Users (there is a 50 GB file size limit for Dropbox Common Users).

I am thinking of splitting the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file using WinRAR into several parts after completing the file upload via Dropbox Business.

slx, if you are interested, can I provide the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file sharing link via PM with a time limit (01 Month?).

I will let you know when the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file is available on Dropbox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483735)

Preliminary date is the end of summer. It will be merged, 4.0 version. No hard promises from eXo though. :) It will be no merged 3.11 (but actually all tomes merged itself in one, if you have all of them), and there are no plans for including Win 3.x collection so far.

Awww... Promises... Promises... :headslap: :palm:

OK. Let’s find them like a true Treasure Hunter! Indy, here I come! :whip: :rocks:

slx 13-06-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483737)
I will let you know when the eXoDOS Collection version 2.0 file is available on Dropbox.

:OK:
Thank you!

Smiling Spectre 13-06-2019 08:14 AM

Why 2.0?! Torrents are teemed with 3.11, with much better Launchbox integration and many games fixed. Biggest Russian tracker have it, for example. *shrug* As you wish, of course.

Mystvan 17-06-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slx (Post 483739)

:OK:
Thank you!

You are welcome. By the way, I will send you a PM. :PM:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 483740)

Why 2.0?! Torrents are teemed with 3.11, with much better Launchbox integration and many games fixed. Biggest Russian tracker have it, for example. *shrug* As you wish, of course.

Thank you very much for the information!

Mystvan 11-07-2019 11:52 PM

Thank you very much, Grandmaster Spectreman. I was also able to download the “Win 3.x Collection”. :OK:

The current time is 01:17 PM (GMT)