Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Warcraft Orcs and Humans (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17336)

SnarKs 07-06-2008 06:03 AM

Warcraft Orcs and Humans

Hello everyone. I am trying to run Warcraft orcs and humans on windows XP and it doesn't seem to want to run on my computer. Everytime it starts up in DOS/command prompt it just ends up attempting to go full screen to start the game but then just closes it. No error messages. If i try to start the game already in DOS it will just sit to a black screen with no sound. I have successfully played it on an Emachine running windows XP and it worked absoloutly fine, I cant seem to figure this one out. Help would be much appreciated.

Scatty 07-06-2008 09:30 AM

*sigh* just use DosBox, ok? The download as well as documentation you can get through links on this site.

SnarKs 07-06-2008 09:35 AM

well

Well i might add at this point that Dosbox does not run Warcraft I correctly, it runs it on slowest game speed, and i try to switch the game speed to fastest in the game and it doesnt work. So if you maybe have a way to fix that issue, that would also be much appreciated.

Scatty 07-06-2008 09:38 AM

Well, you would just need to increase the CPU cycles in DosBox for higher processor speed emulation. You can do that with CTRL+F12 (CTRL+F11 lowers them again).
Depending on how strong your machine is, 25000 might be exactly right for almost every game, or too slow if your computer is not that powerful. But anything above 15000 should be enough for Warcraft, anyway.

You can also edit the file dosbox.conf for more options (it's plain text), but don't use the AUTO values for cycles and for core settings, they don't seem to do anything for me so it's better to adjust them manually.

SnarKs 07-06-2008 09:41 AM

Well that is very helpful news Scatty, i appreciate it. And iw ill add my computer is plenty powerful heh. And i also have another very noobish question for you, how to bring dosbox to full screen, im sure its some F button.

Scatty 07-06-2008 09:42 AM

It's ALT+Enter to switch either immediately, or fullscreen setting in dosbox.conf to start DosBox everytime in full screen.

SnarKs 07-06-2008 09:45 AM

Well i appreciate your time Scatty, thank you.

Scatty 07-06-2008 09:48 AM

No troubles, don't hesitate to ask more in case of problems

_r.u.s.s. 07-06-2008 10:00 AM

or RTFM ___

Eagle of Fire 07-06-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnarKs (Post 328111)
Well i might add at this point that Dosbox does not run Warcraft I correctly, it runs it on slowest game speed, and i try to switch the game speed to fastest in the game and it doesnt work. So if you maybe have a way to fix that issue, that would also be much appreciated.

That's how Warcraft: Orc and Human was played back in the days. There wasn't some stupid ultra super fast speeds back then... :rolleyes:

Mousazz 07-06-2008 04:22 PM

I think you have to correct it using setup.exe or something...
But yeah, use dosbox

Blood-Pigggy 07-06-2008 06:49 PM

No, it was pretty fast on fast for your information EoF.
Now huggie me.

SnarKs 07-06-2008 07:03 PM

Oh i know it was a slow game, but it wasnt slow like it was playing. it was like slowest settings, not on fastest.

Pan 04-10-2013 11:30 AM

I cant run it on dosbox

Hello ineed help
I have downloaded the cracked no cd version of the game
And when i run the WAR.EXE it say to run SETUP.EXE , i run and configure it but it still doesnot work then i run CRACK.EXE it says "Incompatible version or previously patched program"
Plz someone help

The Fifth Horseman 04-10-2013 12:28 PM

Are you running the game in DOSBox, yes or no?
"Doesn't work" is a very broad definition. Describe what is happening.

SXtheOne 18-06-2016 11:25 AM

Mouse click not always recognized

Hi,

I downloaded the game from abandonia, set the CPU cycles to 20000, so the mouse scroll is OK and the game seems to run fine.
BUT. When I click on a grunt, press 'M' (short command for move) and click on a target the game only recognizes the click around 5 of 10 clicks. I have to click like twice or three times most of the time but there are times when it works for the first click. And my mouse is flawless, so that's not the problem. :)
What can be the solution for this?

Thanks!

The current time is 08:55 PM (GMT)