Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Abandonia Vs. Reloaded Hostility (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=9809)

Reup 14-04-2006 01:55 PM

Lately I've been noticing a bit of hostility between member of Abandonia and Abandonia: Reloaded (see, for instance this thread or this one.

Although I tend to call Reloaded 'the Dark Side' a lot this is always with a tongue-in-cheek and I'm not sure all other reactions in said topics are that way. some Abandonians seem to feel threatened in some way by AR and vice-versa.

Personally I feel that there's no need for any competition between the two sites. kosta's made his point of view clear and that the fact of the matter.

So, here's a cliché if there ever was one: "Can't we all just get along, people?"

Tulac 14-04-2006 01:59 PM

Well the second one's a joke obviously, the first one is also more or less of a joke, I don't really see any hostility between the site, and I only see this topic as something that might stur it up...

Anyway I visit both sites equally, and am only a forum dweller anyway...

Reup 14-04-2006 02:02 PM

well. I agree the second one may be a joke, but the first one isn't. Maybe I'm seeing ghosts here, but i'd hate to see any animosity between te sites.

Iron_Scarecrow 14-04-2006 02:03 PM

The place stole everyone. I been browsing there for about 40 minutes now and from what I can see 90% of the members are from here and it seems half of that 90% have now given up on Abandonia.

And I been thinking of leaving cause there has been nothing going on here lately. Everyone should just stick to one forum, or they should be merged.

Tulac 14-04-2006 02:04 PM

Well it's more personal hostility between tom and tiki then hostility between sites I think...

@Iron Scarecrow: Some people that work on the site are more often there, yes, but forum posters post on both forums, more or less...

Reup 14-04-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Apr 14 2006, 03:03 PM
or they should be merged.
well, a merger between "Blah, blah,blah' , 'Art' and 'Programming' from both forums seems like a pretty good idea to me, since many people are indeed the same...
Quote:

Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Apr 14 2006, 03:03 PM
that place stole everyone
seems a bit harsh. people obviously chose to focus their attention on other things...

and of course, reloaded does have Taikara AND Raffles :cry:

Iron_Scarecrow 14-04-2006 02:08 PM

Yeah well. I don't have time to bother with both.

Tulac 14-04-2006 02:09 PM

I'm strongly against it, since everything has functioned properly, and your "discoveries" of reloaded forum don't change anything really...

Iron_Scarecrow 14-04-2006 02:11 PM

I always knew about them. I just figured it was mainly full of people interested in Freewares.

The Fifth Horseman 14-04-2006 02:16 PM

Reloaded? What is Reloaded... ah, THAT Reloaded.

(You guess it - I've all forgotten about it)

The current time is 12:59 PM (GMT)