Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hello, Abandonia! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18022)

Sociopathic 10-10-2008 01:01 PM

Hello, Abandonia!

By way of introduction:

Well, I finally decided to register for the forums here. I say "finally", because I've known of (and used) this site for quite some time, and after availing myself of the games and information here, I thought I'd register to try to help out in here with my memories of games, how to play them and any tips and tricks about them I can remember. I also write freelance, and can make myself available for proofreading reviews and smoothing out "hiccups" in the diction/usage in the reviews of non-English speakers.

I also have a fair amount of games, all on their original format on my shelves or packed away. I never got into selling or trading games for newer stuff, mostly because every game I bought, I loved dearly. So much so, that I've cobbled together an old PII system under Win 98 that's strictly for playing some of these old gems.

I've always been a flight sim freak, and I've always strived to have a joystick and throttle setup on my systems, starting way back when I had the old Thrustmaster F-16 system (I now run a Saitek X45 stick and throttle, which works with a surprising number of DOSBox driven games). Naturally, I have all the MS Combat Flight Simulator series (I got 3 for $7 because some clerk mispriced it :-D), Red Hot - Apache vs. Havoc (the BEST combat helicopter gacme ever), B-17 - The Mighty 8th, TIE Fighter (both 3.5 and Collector's), X-Wing Collector's Edition, Su-27 Flanker, Commanche vs. Werewolf... the list goes on.

RTS is a secondary fun zone for me... Someone on here mentioned Metal Fatigue, for example... I also wasted days, if not months, playing M.A.X., and does anyone here remember Star Trek: New Worlds? I wonder if that one is Abandonware yet... I have a nice original CD here.

Anyway, enough of this tomfoolery, it's nice to be here. If some of you have questions regarding some old titles, shake my memory and I may be able to help you out. I'm older than most and younger than some, so I might have what you need clunking around my old brain.

Playbahnosh 10-10-2008 01:11 PM

Welcome! Read the rules and have fun! ^_^

Tervez 10-10-2008 02:39 PM

Welcome to Abandonia! Mind the gap, and no running in the hallways!

AlumiuN 11-10-2008 01:17 AM

Yeah, you might run into Tervez playing with his spoon collection again. :laugh: Anyway...:whistling: welcome to Abandonia!

Tervez 12-10-2008 09:58 AM

Come on, anyone with some kind of telepathic abilities is by law required to bend at least five spoons per day.

AlumiuN 12-10-2008 08:36 PM

I haven't seen that law. Is that under that Schedule E I keep hearing about (Section 124.i.c, by any chance)?

Tervez 13-10-2008 09:36 AM

The specifics of that law are told only to people with telepathic or likewise abilities. But, as a sign of trust, I can confirm that the law is indeed Schedule E, Section 124.i.c.

The current time is 10:23 PM (GMT)