Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   100 movies of all time (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33211)

Mystvan 20-04-2019 10:46 PM

I know the preferences are very personal as long as they do not exceed the limits of the acceptable (like certain otakus!).

So I really respect the great master filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, but I honestly do not see what is so special / great about this work of art called “The Birds”.

Many critics acclaim and exalt this film, but for me it is just something exotic and out of the ordinary... It seems like Serial Experiments Lain... Total nonsense... :tease: :wacko: :hypno2:

On the other hand, I loved the comedy movie Johnny English... Mister Bean rocks! :lol: :hihihi:

twillight 21-04-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483547)
I know the preferences are very personal as long as they do not exceed the limits of the acceptable (like certain otakus!).

So I really respect the great master filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock, but I honestly do not see what is so special / great about this work of art called “The Birds”.

Many critics acclaim and exalt this film, but for me it is just something exotic and out of the ordinary... It seems like Serial Experiments Lain... Total nonsense... :tease: :wacko: :hypno2:

On the other hand, I loved the comedy movie Johnny English... Mister Bean rocks! :lol: :hihihi:

AH's Birds had the same appeal as Cameron's Avatar: it was a technical demo. The movie itself is almost nonexistent in every other aspect.
And as every techical-based movie it doesn't hold up. An artifact for a museum, but not something you want to watch.

Capo 21-04-2019 02:56 PM

This is maybe the most ridiculous movie list i have ever read, instead of complaining about Blade Runner realize that you just dont understand cinema AND have horrible taste :picard:

PS: Happy easter! :p

Mystvan 22-04-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483538)

I will post several lists, from my personal preferences, not necessarily in the order of importance, on my recommendations listed below:

Quote:

• Japanese Manga here;
• Korean Manhwa here;
• Korean Webtoons here;
Quote:

• Japanese Anime Series here;
• Japanese Anime Movies here;
• American / Others Cartoon Series here;
• American / Others Cartoon Movies here.

My posts here:

*phew* *whew* I am tired... *yawn* :yawn:

twillight 22-04-2019 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 483551)
This is maybe the most ridiculous movie list i have ever read, instead of complaining about Blade Runner realize that you just dont understand cinema AND have horrible taste :picard:

PS: Happy easter! :p

OR maybe you are snobbish, and without any original thought.

Happy springfest.

Mystvan 25-04-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483559)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483538)

I will post several lists, from my personal preferences, not necessarily in the order of importance, on my recommendations listed below:

Quote:

• Japanese Manga here;
• Korean Manhwa here;
• Korean Webtoons here;
Quote:

• Japanese Anime Series here;
• Japanese Anime Movies here;
• American / Others Cartoon Series here;
• American / Others Cartoon Movies here.

My posts here:

*phew* *whew* I am tired... *yawn* :yawn:

I’ve posted more on Comics below:

I am sorry to say that I listed Comics that I did not remember and could not confirm if I would continue to like it/them or not. :what:

In addition, I avoided, as far as possible, to list Comics with many fan service scenes, harem and other nonsense. Maybe some of them are on my Lists. :dunno:

Another thing, I listed average Comics, but since they ran away from the cliche, I listed them as “Innovation” and who knows maybe someone else might like them? :dunno:

rabada65120 26-07-2022 10:12 AM

I've watched Into the Wild and Captain fantastic and they're both awesome movies.

DrWho42 16-08-2022 04:07 AM

brazil would be up there

The current time is 03:46 AM (GMT)