Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Electro And Synth Music (apb And Others) (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6003)

Chuck the plant 15-07-2005 01:11 AM

@ Wolverine: I don't really care what certain bands like to label themselves (most of that is really just elitist bullsh*t anyway, alomg the lines of "oooh, look at us, we're not like any other band, we're so unique and stuff" - "Yeah? But you sound like any other electro-band" - "But we make progressive pop"... LOL ) nor do i care too much for the "smallest possible categorie" when naming a musical style. If music is largely electronically made, it's "electro" in my book (of course there are certain exceptions like Techno which indeed is a category of its own), so Wolfsheim vlearly fall under "electro" for me... I just don't think they're "great" in any regard, that's what I meant ;)

Did I mention DEVO? (I know I did, you just can't mention them too often :D ;) )

WolverineDK 15-07-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chuck the plant@Jul 15 2005, 01:11 AM
Did I mention DEVO? (I know I did, you just can't mention them too often :D ;) )
Did i mention i like the scene of music ? *headbangs to Namnambulu* :)

Indignus IV 17-07-2005 01:16 AM

I'm not sure what is electro and what is not.......

Eurythmics, yes

Devo, verygood, yes

Dead or Alive? nah, but definitely very electric sounding.

You spin me right round, baby, right round......... :D

TheGiantMidgit 24-07-2005 12:34 AM

www.slabco.com check out the free-eps.

omg 25-07-2005 11:30 AM

ok this isnt about just electro it would seem but music that is made electronically...
coolness.
one i havnt seen mentioned by anyone is sheep on drugs, and they got a new album coming out soon which should be pretty mental.
and i cant get enought of good old richard james...

WolverineDK 10-08-2005 08:14 PM

The Cruxshadows, are great too :), and damn all this electro music makes me dance in my computer chair :) :ok: :ok: :ok: :max: :max:

WolverineDK 15-04-2006 01:51 PM

Hmmm if you are into P2P networks, then search for papa pop on the piratebay, or The Synthetic Music Collection. Those collections are great. When it comes to finding cool synth/electro etc. music

Gelfo 24-04-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spoonman@Jul 13 2005, 07:33 PM
Depeche Mode, Air, Ladytron, Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Photek, Future Sound of London, Thievery Corporation, Lamb, Moloko, Red Snapper, Underworld, Märtini Brös, Leftfield, The Hacker, Ozric Tentacles

Yeah I like most of the bands there, only discovered Ozric Tentacles a few months ago, *but they're british and have been knocking around for years

I also dig stuff like.. Goldfrapp, Boards Of Canada, Gary Numan, cLOUDDEAD, Odd Nosdam, Boombip, Prefuse 73, Amon Tobin, Four Tet ..

This genre is a bit vague

*edit

omg 24-04-2006 02:46 PM

ive seen the ozrics a few times at free festivals. they rock live :ok: well if an electronic band play out well live what do you say? they electro'd?

i would love to catch dj hell this year but will have to go to europe for that :eeeeeh:

BeefontheBone 24-04-2006 09:08 PM

Ozrics live? *is jealous*

I too only discovered them recently, after getting Pungent Effulgent second hand and cheap because the cover's groovy, and I love 'em (in a slightly-ashamed-to-admit-it-since-they're-so-uncool kind of way) - Curious Corn rocks :)

The current time is 06:42 AM (GMT)