Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Morrowind Question (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7847)

Nick 29-10-2005 08:43 PM

I think somebody ran into this also. In one of the crypts there is a man. He is agressive, but when you kill him, you'll receive something like (I'm playing in localized version, but I think you'll understand): "By the death of this person, line of your faith is broken off. To restore your line of faith load a saved game or live in this cursed world, which you have created."
What that means?

Doubler 29-10-2005 08:44 PM

That you killed someone that was vital for the completion of the main quest, and thus you're not able to finish the main quest anymore (If you haven't finished the main quest already, that is).

"By the death of this character the line of prophecy is broken. Restart or load an earlier game or persist in this doomed world you have created."
I know, I'm a freak :D

Nick 29-10-2005 08:49 PM

Hardly understandable, how that man could be vital for main quest, if he rushes to kill me without saying something! More than that, he isn't very powerful - I killed him easily. :) With difficulty set to 0, though... :whistle:

Doubler 29-10-2005 08:52 PM

Well, a lot of characters who are part of the main quest aren't very powerfull.
But a few characters who have nothing to do with the main quest also have their box checked, if I remember correctly.
Still you'd better reload to be sure...
Alternatively you could tell us his name and location :P

And do you have any of the expansions/patches installed?

Nick 29-10-2005 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler@Oct 29 2005, 08:52 PM
Well, a lot of characters who are part of the main quest aren't very powerfull.
But a few characters who have nothing to do with the main quest also have their box checked, if I remember correctly.
Still you'd better reload to be sure...
Alternatively you could tell us his name and location :P

And do you have any of the expansions/patches installed?

I don't remember the name of the crypt (they are quite complicated, as you know), but, if I remember correctly, it was somewhere in Ashland (if I'm right - I'm playing in Russian version :wall: ). As for expansion patches - no, I haven't them, and I have version 1.2.0722.

BTW is there any updates? I checked the elderscrolls.com, but there was only patch to this 1.2.0722 version, which I have. Game sometimes flies to desktop. :angry: Did you ran into this?

Doubler 29-10-2005 09:08 PM

Morrowind is somewhat buggy. So yes, I ran into it.
(Actually, I never ran into it untill I ran it on XP... That game ran beauttifully on 98 for me.)

Are you absolutely sure it was a dungeon? What kind of dungeon?

I know of one instance where there was a vital NPC that would attack you on sight if you met him early... But that wasn't in a dungeon, and it was fixed in the earliest patch.

Nick 29-10-2005 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler@Oct 29 2005, 09:08 PM
Morrowind is somewhat buggy. So yes, I ran into it.
(Actually, I never ran into it untill I ran it on XP... That game ran beauttifully on 98 for me.)

Are you absolutely sure it was a dungeon? What kind of dungeon?

I know of one instance where there was a vital NPC that would attack you on sight if you met him early... But that wasn't in a dungeon, and it was fixed in the earliest patch.

Crypt. With skeletons.

Doubler 29-10-2005 09:13 PM

Just reload for safety :P

In all honesty, I can't remember... I don't usually occupy myself with the main quest in these later games of mine. I'm firing up the CS now to see if I can check.

I'd really, REALLY, like a name, though. :)
Character or dungeon... There might be a world of difference between them, or they may just be phonetic conversions. I'll see.

Nick 29-10-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doubler@Oct 29 2005, 09:13 PM
Just reload for safety :P

In all honesty, I can't remember... I don't usually occupy myself with the main quest in these later games of mine. I'm firing up the CS now to see if I can check.

I already reloaded.

BTW, I was talking about sadness, that you can't train your skills above 100. If you switch difficulty to 100, when you are quite tough (level 20+, one-two skills 100), you will die more often. Monsters become very tough! I wonder, if you start a game with difficulty set to 100 - you'll have to train yourself to 21 level on rats, probably! :)

Doubler 29-10-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Monsters become very tough!
That's the idea.
It isn't about prolonging gameplay, so you can just make things easy again, it's about unbalancing the game to make it more difficult.

EDIT: How about race, do you remember that?

EDIT2: Oh well.
It's one of the things I hope they improved in the Oblivion CS. The entire 'vital' bit is simply a tiny checked box tucked away in a characters sheet, and there's no real way to filter it out. What I did now is filter for scripts, and check all candidates for the essential status. Then I checked their location. But many essential NPC's work with their dialogue without having even a nolore script attached, so this method is far from perfect...

The current time is 09:57 AM (GMT)