Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   North & South (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1077)

Psyclone 31-10-2004 07:30 PM

Thanks. :ok:

william_is_bob 08-02-2005 01:46 PM

Great game, Cannot get it to work on my new computer now, I think games wont work as well on laptop because of mouse, and screen driver issues, if I am not wrong.

I also have a game from the same era, called NUke War, and I cnanot get it to work on my laptop but got it to work on a windows 2000 desktop. If anyone remembers the gaem and have the ability to fix it, drop a note and I will e-mail it to you.

The best part of the game is the cannons, blow the bridges and the world is yours. The train part is pretty difficult, but this game would be AWSOME if you can play multiplayer over the net, a quick no brainer game ove the net, or cellphone these days.

W

duke 15-03-2005 06:29 PM

i love this game too, but i can't play myselft. i have to watch the computer playing all time.

can someone tell me? i can't change anything in the main menu, because i can't see the mouse

andreas 26-04-2005 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aristharus@Oct 29 2004, 10:56 AM
It's a shame that many of these old classic games need two players to be fun. North and South isn't too fun against the computer, but with a human opponent it's great.

Remember staying several nights up playing this with my brother when I was younger. Nowadays I just don't have anyone to play these with. I've been trying to convert my girlfriend into gaming, but in vain. :P

I downloaded the game but I can;t play it because it says that there is no there is no proper disk in the drive. Since I am not very good in computers and could you explain me what I am doing wrong? I loved this game when I was young and I want to play it again very much :bye:

Christian IV 27-04-2005 03:55 AM

:bye:
I went through the old Civil War games a while ago, looking at
the different ways they dealt with the campaign, overall war
progression and strategy aspects. it was hard for the game
companies to decide what was the best way to include enough
history with enough action. I have a little trouble with the graphics
cause i am a visual hog... :D but that is my failing, i think the
designers did a pretty good job of combining the archade phases
with the overall game here. When you look at this game which is
just 15 years old, what an advance we have made .... :Brain:

Strobe 27-04-2005 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas@Apr 27 2005, 01:04 AM
I downloaded the game but I can;t play it because it says that there is no there is no proper disk in the drive. Since I am not very good in computers and could you explain me what I am doing wrong? I loved this game when I was young and I want to play it again very much :bye:
this game require to be run with DOSBox...do you use DOSBox?

Moshchu 11-05-2005 12:59 PM

I used to play North&South with my class mates on my commodore 128 . The greatest thing in that game was its graphic level. Perhaps it's good idea to check the PC version. I hope it isnt much diffrent :angel:

Sam 14-05-2005 01:10 PM

How could you download it if its nowhere to download? Only the stupid esa sign there

Pietafon 14-05-2005 01:18 PM

Geeeez !! It is the greatest game ever made !! Simply, full of action and surprises !! :ok:
The angry Indian is the best !! :evil:

Argith Nuei 06-06-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by J@nek@May 14 2005, 01:18 PM
Geeeez !! It is the greatest game ever made !! Simply, full of action and surprises !! :ok:
The angry Indian is the best !! :evil:

:D You said it! Thought I would burst a lung the first time I saw the indian attack.
Superb game, a little to easy though. And the harbour only ruins the balance of the
game if you allow troops to arrive via boat.

The current time is 10:58 AM (GMT)