Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Community News & Feedback (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Username changes (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19380)

The Fifth Horseman 29-03-2009 09:55 PM

Username changes

After some discussion, we have decided to allow users to request changing their usernames. To keep things from getting out of hand, here are three simple rules to follow:

1. Only one change is allowed. (major one; minor things like capitalization / typo removal are "free").
2. All changes must be requested in this topic.
3. A request for name change should contain your current username, the desired username and the reason for your request. Example:
Quote:

Old username: JMB
New username: Geezer
Reason: I want my old name back. The one I had before I was so rudely stripped of my identity.
Remember that after the change you will need to use the new name to log in rather than the one you had before!

Dave 29-03-2009 11:14 PM

List of changes:
  • JMB => Geezer
  • Estica => Luso
  • justpex => Pex
  • Romano Krauth => Romano
  • David86 => Dave
  • Bobbin => Chris
  • Jacek Dobrzyniecki => JudgeDeadd
  • Japofran => Japo
  • kronos78 => Kronos
  • ds024775r7 => BlazeL
  • einartass => Mousazz
  • J@nek => Pietafon
  • Bob Satan => bobson
  • DA BOMB => stanleyopar2000

_r.u.s.s. 30-03-2009 09:38 AM

it'd be nice if there was an option to track what was user's previous username/s

Icewolf 30-03-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 358172)
it'd be nice if there was an option to track what was user's previous username/s

Yeah, I second that.
It'd be nice indeed.
The circumspection of a programmer! :OK:

The Fifth Horseman 30-03-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 358172)

Would be nice, but there isn't one.
Hence rule 3.

_r.u.s.s. 30-03-2009 10:16 AM

well once we (IF we) get the access to ab, remind me, i'd probably know how to do it

Luso 06-04-2009 03:28 PM

Old username: estica
New username: Luso
Reason: I want my new nick . because when is possible i use "Luso" in all place\foruns\games\ ect... so if possible i want use the same nick also in AB

Luso 09-04-2009 09:53 AM

thanks! :clap: :clap:

now fix the bug for allow new translations :)

The Fifth Horseman 09-04-2009 01:36 PM

4 days till we can discuss that with Studentis. It's top-priority for everyone, and VERY much for them as it draws additional traffic from non-English-speaking parts of the world.

Pex 14-04-2009 09:48 AM

Old username: justpex
New username: Pex
Reason: I use Pex on every forum I am a member of. Justpex is just a longer version of it, for places that don't allow 3 letter usernames. For some reason, I thought this was such a place when I was filling my registration form

The current time is 09:38 PM (GMT)