Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Weekly Poll: Your Favourite First Person RPG? Finished (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=28330)

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 08:10 AM

Weekly Poll: Your Favourite First Person RPG? Finished

So this weeks poll is about classic RPGs that use the first person perspective. Which one of these fine games is your favourite, if yours isn't on the list (but is still first person perspective) then tell us in a post. In fact just tell us about your pick in a post anyway let us know why you like it.

Also these are only games on our site, if your favourite isn't on site you can still tell us in a post what it is.

Mighty Midget 29-01-2012 08:27 AM

Ultima Underworld. One incredible game. Buggerfall 2nd. UW has an excellent atmosphere and gameplay, it's one game I played through over and over again simply because it's that sweet.

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 08:28 AM

Mine has to be Dungeon Master 2. I just love that game, even with the grind fest that it tends to be.

Abandoned Witch 29-01-2012 10:23 AM

My favorite would be the Wizardry series. A series that revolutionized the RPG genre with dungeon crawling controls, many character classes, and a revolutionary battle system. A great series indeed.

e_hal 29-01-2012 10:24 AM

I really enjoyed the Eye of the Beholder series. Ultima underworld second.

However why wasn't the Betrayal at Krondor in the list? I think that would be a sure winner! Wonderful graphics (for the time), open world, good riddles and a fantastic story!

DarthHelmet86 29-01-2012 10:28 AM

There is only the option to have 10 picks in the poll. I picked the best games I could think of, since Betrayal never worked well for me and is mostly unkown to me I didn't put it in. However as was noted in the post if you wanted to vote for the game you are free to do so in your post. Get enough people to vote for it in posts and it could beat the games I picked.

Scatty 29-01-2012 11:56 AM

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 without question, from the available options to pick. Excellent quality duo of games, had lots of fun with, and time spent on these. However if there was possibility to pick more than one I'd choose Lands of Lore also, because of it's great mood. Of course, it's all just my personal opinion.
I also agree Betrayal at Krondor would be an excellent choice to pick here, played it quite a few times and it's story, and music (if CD music on CD version) are great and really well done.

Tracker 29-01-2012 12:24 PM

Since I reviewed Wizardry 1-2-3 I must choose them despite their graphics. Otherwise I'd have say Ultima 6 or Eye of the Beholder because of the graphics. But Wizardry's quick gameplay system which somehow makes me think of Final Fantasy really got me.

BentleyVA 29-01-2012 01:47 PM

I voted for the Eye of the Beholder Series (Minus EOB3), although the Wizardry series, Might and Magic series, Bard's Tale series, and the Strahd and Menzoberanzan series come in closely behind.

yoga 29-01-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BentleyVA (Post 439060)
I voted for the Eye of the Beholder Series (Minus EOB3), although the Wizardry series, Might and Magic series, Bard's Tale series, and the Strahd and Menzoberanzan series come in closely behind.

Alone in the Dark 1,2,3
:whistling:

The current time is 08:55 PM (GMT)