Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Freelancer? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12861)

Bobbin Threadbare 03-12-2006 02:31 PM

Anyone heard of this? It's like TIE Fighter RPG. And it's online. Aus people can go to Getonit. Ot you can tell me a server. (You have to make new characters on each server)

Mousazz 24-08-2007 07:50 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Dec 3 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]270009[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Anyone heard of this? It's like TIE Fighter RPG. And it's online. Aus people can go to Getonit. Ot you can tell me a server. (You have to make new characters on each server)
[/b]
yeah, had it a long time ago deleted it :sos: :( . took me four years to get it back :titan: . my friend's uncle from america (were lithuanian), bought it and we shared the cd until it broke. i did a little search and... :max: anyway, good game, but i only play single player, completed all missions (4-6 years ago hardest mission was attacking tekagi's fortress), got a titan (best ship in all of universe, found in gamma omicron), with best guns. i've been at easter egg found in omicron alpha and omicron gamma (consisting of nomad ships with nomad lasers (1000 shield damage, 3000 hull)).
tip: in doing story missions you'll need to get to an outlaw base (bunschuh (or whatever)). if you'll look you'll see SUNSLAYER torpedoe LAUNCHER which costs 90,000 bucks. :blink:
sorry, i overtalked. bye, mausazz

Mousazz 03-02-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einartass (Post 298640)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Dec 3 2006, 05:31 PM) [snapback]270009[/snapback]</div>
yeah, had it a long time ago deleted it :sos: :( . took me four years to get it back :titan: . my friend's uncle from america (were lithuanian), bought it and we shared the cd until it broke. i did a little search and... :max: anyway, good game, but i only play single player, completed all missions (4-6 years ago hardest mission was attacking tekagi's fortress), got a titan (best ship in all of universe, found in gamma omicron), with best guns. i've been at easter egg found in omicron alpha and omicron gamma (consisting of nomad ships with nomad lasers (1000 shield damage, 3000 hull)).
tip: in doing story missions you'll need to get to an outlaw base (bunschuh (or whatever)). if you'll look you'll see SUNSLAYER torpedoe LAUNCHER which costs 90,000 bucks. :blink:
sorry, i overtalked. bye, mausazz

Ech, deleted it. Ech, whatever, I got bored anyway.

Burger Meister 14-08-2008 04:08 PM

Lol I didn't know anybody still played this. I set up a server and played with my two friends. We were multi-milionaries from doing Diamond runs from The red Hessian base near Leipzig Station to Planet New Tokyo. We all bought Sabres and found rare level 10 weapons on wrecks. Then I went for supper and my game crashed, so I went back in game and it crashes whenever I pick my character. Therefore, I gave up!

Tomekk 03-09-2008 10:26 AM

Yeah, i played it ^^ It's pretty damn fun, altough the fun ends in a week :-(
There is a North American server which is running 24/7 and an even cooler server where you can control battleships, "trains" , and even some bases.

Bobbin Threadbare 09-09-2008 01:55 PM

I can't believe this thread is still on the front page with only four replies.

Tomekk 04-10-2008 06:47 AM

Bobbin wanna go a round?
Just add this sproc.no-ip.org:2302 after your game, as a parameter, and you'll see my server.
'Kay?

Balthasar 04-10-2008 10:23 AM

Nice game. Played it also online for about a year. What surprised me was the big community. There are some great german servers for example and also some good mods like the Discovery Mod. To be honest, i liked the Online gaming but with time it's gettin kind of boring if you are in no Clan or Faction. But beside that its still a good game :)...

Bobbin Threadbare 06-10-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomekk (Post 338838)
Bobbin wanna go a round?
Just add this sproc.no-ip.org:2302 after your game, as a parameter, and you'll see my server.
'Kay?

I don't have it anymore. :(
Read: Two years ago.

Pellaeon 06-10-2008 03:59 PM

I STILL have it
I STILL play it
My brother STILL mods it.

And I STILL like it. :D

And to be honest, with a good admin who makes competitions, like race, or a game that we named 'Come and kill me before I dock at my target station', it still can be a fun.

And it can also be a fun if you run a company via modding, which is under control by a good admin.

If anyone wants to play Freelancer, I'm up to it, but you'll need Hamachi.

Thus the FL Global server is down, the only two ways you can join servers are:
Download Hamachi, which makes generates you an IP, and you can join different servers, such as, for example "FL", and the result is that if the hosts' server is up, you can join it in the 'LAN' session.
OR if you know your host's IP, you can use the fldirectip.hta executable file to establish a connection, listed in the LAN or INTERNET section.
You don't need fancy things to do. :)

By the way, if anyone is up to a race or rally through the Universe, I'm in. :)

The current time is 01:38 PM (GMT)