Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sierra Games ! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=508)

unforgiven111 27-07-2004 01:52 PM

Sierra Games !

Well .. I am 33 years old so I would have to say my favourite games are from the Sierra Company. I have ALL of the original games that I personally purchased all those years ago. I have original boxes, disks/cd's of EVERY sierra adventure game made. I have had several people offer me hundreds of dollars for my collection but I will never sell.

I would have to say that my favourite games of all time were the Space Quest series. Funny as hell and challenging, I spent hours playing these games. If anyone has any questions about any Sierra game .. just post here and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

Laters

Unforgiven

Tom Henrik 27-07-2004 03:22 PM

I have a feeling this topic is going to be extremelly popular. Thanks. :D

Kiddiarni 27-07-2004 06:36 PM

a DC hub would help u get that game to us :P

Tom Henrik 27-07-2004 07:10 PM

We already have those games.

He is offering hints and help.

Kreepah 06-08-2004 12:08 PM

qfg4

i need help, in Qfg4 im a wizard and it comes up with a bug when i got to the Monks tombstone, any way to not make it happen?

and in qfg1 in the brigand mages room when i pull the lever i cant get in the door in time? any patches for the problems? non windows version maybe?

Maikel 06-08-2004 12:50 PM

Re: Sierra Games !

Quote:

*I have had several people offer me hundreds of dollars for my collection but I will never sell.
you got that right!

xndr2181 07-08-2004 04:57 AM

Re: qfg4

Quote:

i need help, in Qfg4 im a wizard and it comes up with a bug when i got to the Monks tombstone, any way to not make it happen?

and in qfg1 in the brigand mages room when i pull the lever i cant get in the door in time? any patches for the problems? non windows version maybe?

The problem in qfg4 is something I ran into too, I think it just needs a patch. As for the problem with the first quest for glory the best advice I can give you is that you just need to make sure you follow all the steps as methodically as you can. I remember that part being verrrry frustrating, but like I said, it can be done without a patch. I hope that helps? Also I'd like to simply post as well that if anyone needs help with pretty much any of the sierra or kyrandia, or the lucasarts games I can help in most of them!!
-Sean

JoA 25-08-2004 06:03 AM

Don't know why, but I've always had the idea that the Kings Quest games and the Gabriel Knight games were the most popular of the Sierra collections.

Personally I think the GK games are the best games ever produced by any company - (no doubt someone will shoot me down in flames for saying that! :wink: )

Looks as though I'll have to try the Quest for Glory series one of these days too, are they actually true adventure games?

Stroggy 25-08-2004 09:48 AM

Quest for Glory games are adventure games, but with a good dose of action (fighting) in it. This also means that you are free from the trademark sierra deaths (you walked into the dark room without a light and fell into a hole, you die), however your skill in fighting/magic will determine if you die, or not.

FreeFreddy 25-08-2004 11:01 AM

Hm... Hack'nSlash thingie, hm? I should take a closer look at it after Princess Maker.

The current time is 08:05 PM (GMT)