Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Touche - The Adventures of the 5th Musketeer (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2831)

Tom Henrik 01-02-2005 01:30 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

wormpaul 01-02-2005 01:41 PM

The game looks pretty good :ok:

mika 01-02-2005 06:37 PM

Hey guys. Brilliant review. I like having the sections spread like that. I guess it'll make the reviews a little bit harder to write and will take a little longer, but like you said, it's about quality.

holly 01-02-2005 08:31 PM

cannot play game . i load it than it goes blank?

Maikel 01-02-2005 08:39 PM

The screens have red x'es at my place here :o

Further I'm all for the ''quality over quantity'' decision. I would say a minimum of a 4 is required, and 3's would only be an exception.

Games rated lower then 3 by the editor shouldn't even be considered

Ed 01-02-2005 08:45 PM

I think it would be better if Abandonia turned out to be a kinda refrence libary for all the old games out there after all isnt that what Abondonwares all about (well to me it is anyway). Including crap games is important as well so they to dont get forgotten. However im all for the not updating daily if it means more reviews like this one. Summing it up: Boost the quality of the posts thats great but all games have some form of merit and should not be forgotten...and so should eventually be posted.

Maikel 01-02-2005 09:26 PM

Well I disagree a bit on that. Abandonia is different from most abandonwaresites because we only add quality games. If you want a complete library there are other great sites which do it (xtcabandonware and off course HOTU).

They are the big abandonware archives / libraries. We grab the best picks and give them the extra attention they deserve :)

Guest 02-02-2005 11:06 AM

The game won't start. When I try to start it in DOSBOX a pink paige is showing up, but when I hit enter i goes into DOSBOX again.. What to do?

Stroggy 02-02-2005 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mika@Feb 1 2005, 07:37 PM
Hey guys. Brilliant review. I like having the sections spread like that. I guess it'll make the reviews a little bit harder to write and will take a little longer, but like you said, it's about quality.
Thanks, I found splitting it up not all that difficult, you could even say its easier

Borodin 02-02-2005 12:45 PM

The screenshots don't appear on my computer, either.

ReamusLQ 02-02-2005 02:04 PM

what defines a quality game? Some revieweres absolutely hate adventure games, while I on the other hand adore them. I would give them 4's and 5's, while those not too partial to them would give them a two or three, but give a FPS or side scroller a 5 because those are the kind of games they are more partial too. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

Stroggy 02-02-2005 02:10 PM

Well thats the beauty of the abandonia system.
Everybody chooses which game he or she wants to review (games that look interesting to the reviewer) if this game fails to entertain the reviewer the reviewer will say so in his or her review of the game.
Nobody is forced to review games they don't like.

ReamusLQ 02-02-2005 02:20 PM

but people do review games they don't like...I mean, otherwise there would be nothing below a 3 or 4 on this site.

Kon-Tiki 02-02-2005 03:01 PM

Basing it on the reviewer's score's not that good a way, I think. Take Star Goose, for example. I rated that 2, but it's a classic that shouldn't be lacking. Besides that, I could take a game like Elfland, which is crap, rate it a 5 because as reviewer, I'd love to have this game on the site... that would mean a game that's crap would get added, or even concidered. On the other hand, Curse of Enchantia was given a 2 by Stroggy, while I know that game's worth at least a 4. Stroggy just disliked the game's guts while it's one of the games I'm most fond of.
I'm just saying that part of the time an update'll take, is to look at each game individually and decide if it's good enough or not in team, so it won't depend on one person's tastes or likes. There won't be something like adding a game just based upon the reviewer's rating, as it's a system so full of holes a golddigger wouldn't even concider using it in a river.

Stroggy 02-02-2005 03:53 PM

I still think I gave it a good review.
And after 337 votes it got a 3 from the other members and visitors.
And since the reviewer score is usually lower than that of the casual gamers (check out gamespot and other sites if you don't believe me) I reckon I still did a good job.

Quote:

but people do review games they don't like...I mean, otherwise there would be nothing below a 3 or 4 on this site.
Actually if you'll check out the latest announcement you'll see we will stop putting up below-average/average games, thus there will be more 3 or 4 star rating games.

Guest_jerimi 02-02-2005 04:07 PM

No matter what I do this game doesn't start, first a purple screen with crack something and then it flickers and turns off any solution

Stroggy 02-02-2005 04:28 PM

are you using VDMsound?
if so you net to press space or enter a few times.

If youa re using dosbox make sure the game is in the correct place

Guest_jerimi 02-02-2005 07:43 PM

I have done all that,but it still don't want to work

Guest 02-02-2005 08:25 PM

I have tried to play the game with dosbox and VDMSound, but it wont work. All I get is this message: Bad command or file name...
Can somebody please help me?

JJXB 02-02-2005 08:42 PM

jerimi, it has to be in C:\touche for the game to load (i tested in D:\Touche and C:\touche and C:\touche worked and D:\touche gave me your problem)

ReamusLQ 02-02-2005 09:56 PM

I guess what I am wondering, is WHO decides if the game is below average to put on the site? Isn't that kind of a call that differs from individual to individual?

Mats 03-02-2005 07:03 AM

I guess that's mostly up to the individual person that uploads the game. If someone goes through the trouble to upload a game and possible write a review and other stuff, there has to be something that has captured that person, and there is a chance that the same thing will happen to other people. But still, the game does go through some game testing before it is put on the site, therefore somekind of sub-par pac-man clone that has been uploaded just to screw with somone, won't appear here (hopefully) :angel: .

Oh. and I don't see the screenshots of the game.

///MJ

Mad-E-Fact 03-02-2005 10:54 AM

Are you guys getting music to play using DosBox? If so, what settings did you chose? I'm getting only sound effects, no matter what I do in the setup.

Mats 03-02-2005 11:05 AM

I only got that while playing in WinXP, but by using dosbox i also get the music.

there are a few things you may try:
1/ dosbox by default emulates sound blaster Port 220 DMA 7 IRQ 1, try setting the sound to these settings and see if something happens.
2/ or you could try installing VDM sound if you already haven't done this and also check if you have the latest version of dosbox (0.63)

You should do all you can to get the music working because it is one of the best up's for the game.

///MJ

Mad-E-Fact 03-02-2005 01:13 PM

Hmm... I went through all the settings, and I do have music now. ;) Dunno what was wrong, might be DMA was set to 5 before.

Would installing VDM sound have same improvement in the sound quality over using DosBox only? Or is it not neccessary if I am using DosBox already?

Jingo James 03-02-2005 02:56 PM

I can't get it to run either..... It seems when I try to run it in dosbox it doesn't work. I do the following: after mounting and finding the directory, I type "touche", it shows the credits screen I suppose showing who cracked it and so on. When I press enter or any key it goes back to the dos screen and show the copyright run time thing, then says "Cracked by Hybrid - Quality before Quantity" and that's it. So in short it shows the credits screen and then when I press any key it brings me back to the dos screen... Can anyone help a guy out :blink: ? Thanks.

by the way, I did try to put the directory in C:.... No dice either so.. now what?

Jeppe 03-02-2005 03:36 PM

Exactly same problem here :help:

JJXB 03-02-2005 04:32 PM

it worked with vdmsound for me so use vdmsound and change the settings in setup.exe to what your vdmsound config is

Mats 04-02-2005 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jingo James@Feb 3 2005, 04:56 PM
I can't get it to run either..... It seems when I try to run it in dosbox it doesn't work. I do the following: after mounting and finding the directory, I type "touche", it shows the credits screen I suppose showing who cracked it and so on. When I press enter or any key it goes back to the dos screen and show the copyright run time thing, then says "Cracked by Hybrid - Quality before Quantity" and that's it. So in short it shows the credits screen and then when I press any key it brings me back to the dos screen... Can anyone help a guy out :blink: ? Thanks.

by the way, I did try to put the directory in C:.... No dice either so.. now what?

Hmm, one thing is to check that you have the latest version of dosbox (0.63), but I have one question: do you mount it so that it looks like this: C:\touche.exe or do you mount it like this: C:\touche\touche.exe
The latter is the correct one, I don't even think that the first one would work.

///MJ

til 04-02-2005 08:24 AM

plz help! i gave some of my goodies to henri and i can`t see them now in the inventory.
how can i retrieve them from him?

thanks a lot

Mats 04-02-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by til@Feb 4 2005, 10:24 AM
plz help! i gave some of my goodies to henri and i can`t see them now in the inventory.
how can i retrieve them from him?

thanks a lot

Hold down the right mouse button on henri until you get his scroll. Choose "Inventory", now you will see what henri is carrying, simple pick one of these items up, drag them out of the inventory and click somwhere outside the inventory. If the item disappeared and did not return to henri's inventory, you did it right. Exit Henri's inventory and the item is now in Geoffroi's inventory.

///MJ

Mad-E-Fact 04-02-2005 11:05 AM

Well, my autoexecute looks like this:

mount C F:/Classix
C:
cd touche
touche.bat

With the game sitting in F:/Classix/Touche. Works flawlessly. I noticed that some games have to be started with the .bat instead of .exe, maybe thats your problem?

Mats 04-02-2005 04:37 PM

Yes I know, It doesn't have to be put in c:\touche, you just have to mount it there using dosbox just like you have. I wonder why the game had to be run from C:\ ? If i'm not mistaken several other games uses the same thing?

Sorry, I wasn't at home by then so I didn't remember that touche ends with *.bat But it's logical that some games has to be started with .Bat instead of .Exe since .Bat is a DOS type of file, .Exe needs to be run mostley in Windows.

I just hope everyone get's this game going, because it's really good! :cheers:

///MJ

til 07-02-2005 07:26 AM

:ok:
thanks mats
i just didn´t notice that i CAN scroll in the invetory.

Guest 11-02-2005 12:11 AM

This game is quite nice. I thoroughly enjoyed it, although without a walkthrough I would be quite lost.

Hrefna 19-02-2005 05:15 PM

I can't start this game, a pink screen comes up and when I press some buttons it disappears. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Mats 23-02-2005 09:30 AM

I think it's the same problem with placing the game in c:\ like some of the others have had. Check the alrady made posts, and let me know if nothing changes.

///MJ

Hrefna 24-02-2005 08:34 PM

I don't understand what they say :wacko: I'm from Iceland and not very good in english:$

Puffin 25-02-2005 08:23 AM

Leikurinn ?arf a? vera á c:/ drifi á tölvunni. ?ú ?arft a? opna hann í DosBox, e?a bara a? draga leikinn í DosBox í gegnum stýrikerfi?. ?ú ?arft a? vera me? nýjustu útgáfuna af dosbox (sem er 0.63).
Prófa?u ?a? ;)

@all: Icelandic. Me trying to help :angel:

Cat 12-04-2005 12:11 PM

I just wanted to add that you do have to place this game directly in the C:\ directory, as the others stated. I, too, got the purple/pink "Cracked by Hybrid, Quality over Quantity" screen. When you get that screen, try pressing your F1 button, and the game should start. Good luck!

Wessie 02-06-2005 06:22 AM

Nothing work...pink then what ? quality before quantity ?????????????

Mickey 20-08-2005 04:37 PM

Well, the game is running, but there is no voices.

Does it have voices?

Mats 21-08-2005 01:45 PM

Nope. Sorry, no voices, the game would be to large if the voices were included.

///MJ

AdventureFreak 27-08-2005 02:37 PM

I was having the same problem many were having, getting to the purple/pink screen that says who cracked the game, but exiting after hitting any key without playing the game and seeing the message "Quality over quantity" at the DOS prompt. Well, I fixed the problem, here's what you need to do:

1) After extracting the game, there should be a folder inside the game folder named "TOUCHE". Put all the filed inside that folder in Windows so that your game files are in "C:\Touche\TOUCHE.
2) Enter DOSbox, type mount c c:\Touche.
3) Go to C:\ and type cd TOUCHE
4) You should now be in c:\TOUCHE and by typing touche you'll get the game running.

I also removed voice in the setup just for good measure, I don't know how much that helps.

Good luck!

Mats 27-08-2005 04:42 PM

Good job! :ok:

I never really understood what the problem was since the game always works for me. And we STILL don't know what the problem is, but hopefully this will help all those people that couldn't get the game to run.

///MJ

Srx 10-09-2005 09:19 AM

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with save/load in the game. Every time I click on either of Save or Load options, the game freezes. Any ideas? :cry:

Guest 05-11-2005 09:14 AM

I have played in this game. It's very good adventure game, one on my favourite, but I think sometimes it's too hard to solve the problem, so I've used the tips.

Do you play the Ecstatica II? This is the best adventure game ever from old school games. :ok:

Destruktius 12-01-2006 09:27 PM

Is there a german version available? There are some members of my family, who saw the game while I was playing it, but I don´t want to translate every sentence...

Mats 13-01-2006 06:24 AM

Not to my knowledge, it might but I have no idea of where to aquire it.

///MJ

canne101 22-01-2006 11:57 AM

Hi

I am also having problems when I try to save the game. Freezes every time I try. Please help someone!!

m.gnu. 21-02-2006 07:09 PM

Does anyone own the original cd? I do, and i cannot get it running, no matter WHAT i try... I'm using dosbox, the cd is mounted (as a cdrom ofcourse) at d:\ and i install into c:\touche, but it just freezes...

Tried with VDMSound as well, but it crashed even worse...

Sebatianos 21-02-2006 07:13 PM

Did you mount the CD correctly?

mount D D:\ -t cdrom

I had such problems with some other games (if I didn't mount it correctly).

m.gnu. 21-02-2006 07:25 PM

Yes, it's mounted correctly. Even tried the higher levels of support for cdrom devices. Nothing works.

Guest_Matt 27-02-2006 12:15 AM

Hi,

I've been playing Touche 5th Musketeer, and it's a really great adventure game! However, when I'm in Le Havre in the tavern, the English soldier doesn't let me through. I've read in several walkthroughs that I'm supposed to say "the weather is nice", but I don't have that option! I can only say 4 things, and none works!
Is there something that I missed?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Matthias

frankjamesuk 02-04-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Srx@Sep 10 2005, 09:19 AM
Hi everybody,

I have a problem with save/load in the game. Every time I click on either of Save or Load options, the game freezes. Any ideas?* :cry:

Hi Srx, I had the same problem you describe when trying to run touche.exe directly in Windows XP. It seems to work at first but when you come to saving your game it freezes. Try running it through DosBox as described by Mad-E-Fact in the post of Feb 4th 2005 - this solved the freeze issue for me.

As to the multiple "pink screen then quality before quantity" reports, this also gets fixed when following Mad-E-Fact instructions: It is not necessary to store the game in C:\touche as long as
1) the directory touche.bat is stored in is called touche and
2) you mount the DosBox one directory above the touche directory. You then cd into the touche directory and start the game from there.

Frank

Guest 22-07-2006 10:13 AM

Hi

I have an ingame-problem: When I met the girl in the tower for the first time I forgot to take her handkerchief. So I had to use the broken ladder to enter her room again to take it. Now, after I got the poem written, I have no chance to enter the room by the broken ladder again (because it broke when I used it to enter the room). And now I can't give the witch the perfume and continue to Le Mans.

I've read that in the complete walkthrough because I was stuck for much too long... ;)

Can anyone help? Or is this a dead-end?!

THANKS

Guest 13-08-2006 06:39 PM

I have a problem, the first time i loaded the game, it ran correctly, but i had to minimize it, and when i reopened, i had a pink screen. So, i closed the game and reloaded it...Now, I don't know if in the first session, it was already the case, but i have issues with my mouse cursor.

When the game is loaded, my mouse stays trapped in a small corner, top left of the screen, and won't move from it, like it was in a small cardboard box XD.

Anyone had a problem, or know how to resolve it ? Asking incase it isn't just an 'after crash' problem.

Guest 13-08-2006 07:02 PM

That's me again. PS: It was NOT an after crash bug XD i reinstalled and still have it.

crosta 07-09-2006 08:49 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Matt @ Feb 27 2006, 03:15 AM) [snapback]210708[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hi,

I've been playing Touche 5th Musketeer, and it's a really great adventure game! However, when I'm in Le Havre in the tavern, the English soldier doesn't let me through. I've read in several walkthroughs that I'm supposed to say "the weather is nice", but I don't have that option! I can only say 4 things, and none works!
Is there something that I missed?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Matthias
[/b]
You can scroll down and choose a fifth option (actually this happens a lot of times - it's just not useful until now).
The left corner of the talk-menu-box, click it - it's kindda like the inventory

Hi! Sorry to open up an old thread - Let me know if I should start a new one instead..

I just completed the excellent game Touché: Adventures of the fifth musketeer (thank you walkthrough) - but now I hear about lots of hidden things in the game - and I'd like to see those.

What can you use the horseshoe for?
Is it possible to sit down and play cards at Madame Fleurs shop?
Where can you drop the dead body?
Is it possible to buy new clothes at the shop somehow?

I hope some of you can help :)

Thank you

HARNOvHARNO 09-01-2007 09:13 PM

its sad that the voices wasent included.. Im still new to abandonia so i dont know your exact reasons for not including it, other then someone sayed it would have been to big.

Oh well, then i'd have to say, its better to UP the demo with Voices then a poor ripped version without, i was lucky enough to find a version with voices before i started playing the game, i was lucky that i hit F5 doing gameplay by accident otherwhise i would never have discovered that there was voices in the game.

Anyway if you are looking for a version with voices, then its around 235mb in packed, and around 433mb unbacked, LOL from 16mb to 433.... Thats amazing, i cant belive that the game is only 16mb in full version without voices... LOL
If you manage to get your hands of a version with voices, then you still need to install in c:\touche for some odd reason, i tryed installing in a different dir the game works fine, however you cant save or load. So i'd rather stick to installing in c:\touche and then find a GUI/dosmenu i can use togetter with dosbox later.

Normally i got my games saved in categories, but with issiues like this i'd rather find myself a gui where i can make costom buttons for programs/games.

Guest 23-02-2007 08:22 PM

Does anyone get the voices to work, or is it just not included in this version? If so, does anyone know how to get it?
Dan

The Fifth Horseman 26-02-2007 03:29 PM

Not included, AFAIK. Look for an ISO of the full game in one of the P2P networks.

astero 09-07-2007 11:22 AM

[size=1]I can't save the game, why?

I write the name of the saved game, but whent I click Save, it make nothing

_r.u.s.s. 09-07-2007 11:34 AM

well um, did you try load afterwards?

Guest 24-08-2007 01:55 AM

Use ScummVM 0.10. Don't use DOSBox

Guest 09-09-2007 03:10 PM

Hi, I've got another ingame-problem.

I'm quite far by now, short before I can leave with Da Vinci's steamboat, however I need the metal plate from the church; and I know I'm supposed to use the rope with the torch on the right. I read in the walkthrought that there should be a cut-scene now, but nothing happens, except the rope disappears (and it's not in Henri's inventory neither) and I'm stuck. Help please?

Guest 16-11-2007 05:25 PM

Nice graphics and some funny puns but otherwise this game suffers from almost every pitfall that killed adventures. Tons of stupid dialog, tons of annoying walking (like the map sequences) and totally illogical puzzles - cover the a normal knife in wax to be able to cut the rope? Please.

tottom 07-03-2008 12:56 PM

This is a very good game!
But...
Without voices...
I am lucky, i have the whole game in CD (367mb), and i tell you, the voices make the game 10x better. I used to play it (10 years ago maybe), and i remembered the voices was the best part of the game.

I found dosbox on abandonia.com, so thank you very much, now I can play it again!
I will download a lot of oldgames from here, I'm sure!

Good luck to the game!

FreemanNS 20-08-2008 08:19 PM

I have download this game from here,and I must say it works under DosBox.

But I have a little problem. The game doesnt work so nice,i have a feeling its freezing a little bit(working slow) in some places,like Tavern,or in bulding where you report for duty,where your captain is. So does anyone knows how to fix this? As said I am using DosBox and Win XP. And I putted "amount of dos memory(MB)" to be 63 and Cycles to 8000. I have 1 more thing to say,that music doesnt work correctly too,it lets say "lags" or freezes a little . So does anyone have this kind of problem or its just me? Or I need to work on dosbox settings more for this game? Some Help? Thank you!

Btw this game is fantastic! It sure does remember you of Monkey Island 2 !

FreemanNS 20-08-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tottom (Post 320747)
This is a very good game!
But...
Without voices...
I am lucky, i have the whole game in CD (367mb), and i tell you, the voices make the game 10x better. I used to play it (10 years ago maybe), and i remembered the voices was the best part of the game.

I found dosbox on abandonia.com, so thank you very much, now I can play it again!
I will download a lot of oldgames from here, I'm sure!

Good luck to the game!

Hmm is there maybe a way for you to upload this game somewhere on like RapidShare? So we can play it with full sound and everything? Coz I cant find this full game anywhere... I searched on torrent and many more places and had no luck :( I wish I can play full version of it. I was even looking at stores,noone doesnt have this game... So is there a way for you to help us to play it? Or can you contact me on PM and we can think of something? Thank you!

The Fifth Horseman 20-08-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreemanNS (Post 333985)
I have download this game from here,and I must say it works under DosBox.

But I have a little problem. The game doesnt work so nice,i have a feeling its freezing a little bit(working slow) in some places,like Tavern,or in bulding where you report for duty,where your captain is. So does anyone knows how to fix this? As said I am using DosBox and Win XP. And I putted "amount of dos memory(MB)" to be 63 and Cycles to 8000. I have 1 more thing to say,that music doesnt work correctly too,it lets say "lags" or freezes a little . So does anyone have this kind of problem or its just me? Or I need to work on dosbox settings more for this game? Some Help? Thank you!

And who told you you should mess with the memory size or the amount of cycles to run this game? Enforcing a low cyclecount is boun to cause slowdowns. Increase the amount of cycles you're running DOSBox at to something like 12000 or 15000 and the slowdowns should disappear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreemanNS (Post 333986)
Hmm is there maybe a way for you to upload this game somewhere on like RapidShare? So we can play it with full sound and everything? Coz I cant find this full game anywhere... I searched on torrent and many more places and had no luck :( I wish I can play full version of it. I was even looking at stores,noone doesnt have this game... So is there a way for you to help us to play it? Or can you contact me on PM and we can think of something? Thank you!

If you've looked for it on torrents, you obviously didn't look in the right places :p
As for uploading that image to Rapidshare... stay around till you gain access to the Iso Cellar forum. Then ask me again. :)

FreemanNS 20-08-2008 11:04 PM

Mmm I read it somewhere on some site,if game works slowly to put more cycles and bigger memory,so thats what I did,since game was working slowly.

Well i was searching over [BEEEP] and [BEEEP] ? I couldnt find any there. Can you PM with site where I can download it from?

Hmm and what is Iso Cellar forum exacly? Sorry maybe I sound dumb,but i really have no idea what that is .... I know what Iso means and what is it used for,but have no idea what kind of forum is that one.

Well hope to hear from you soon. And I will try to put cycles to 12000 or 15000. Thank you!

The Fifth Horseman 21-08-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Mmm I read it somewhere on some site,if game works slowly to put more cycles and bigger memory,so thats what I did,since game was working slowly.
DOS games that need more than 8 MB of RAM are a rarity... and no, you won't get any performance gain if you have more RAM - the virtual memory stuff was a Windows thing. DOS games require exactly as much memory as given on the box and not a megabyte more.
Also, per default DOSBox tries autodetecting the maximum cycle value at which your machine can run. You can manage better performance by manually regulating it, but it requires some trial and error - just arbitrarily setting it to some value won't do.

Quote:

Well i was searching over [BEEEP] and [BEEEP] ? I couldnt find any there. Can you PM with site where I can download it from?
Posting links to torrent sites on the forums is not allowed. Please don't do that again. But FYI, those two sites are not really significant compared to what's out there.
Quote:

Hmm and what is Iso Cellar forum exacly? Sorry maybe I sound dumb,but i really have no idea what that is .... I know what Iso means and what is it used for,but have no idea what kind of forum is that one.
A forum in which we share links to ISOs of games that have been uploaded to file sharing sites such as Rapidshare, Mediafire etc.

phildaman46 22-08-2008 11:55 PM

Touche with Speech!

You can get Touche with speech here:

http://files.filefront.com/Touchezip.../fileinfo.html

I can only get it to work in Scummvm. Let me now if you can get it to work with Dosbox.

Edit: Sorry, download link doesn't work anymore. I guess it was a temporary link.

dosraider 23-08-2008 12:25 PM

I have the original Touché CD (French), it works flawless in dosbox, speech included.
So if your file doesn't work it means it's a bad image or your dosbox skills aren't sufficient....
FYI: I made a bin/cue from my CD and mounted that in dosbox, no problems whatsoever.

girderland 20-12-2008 03:58 AM

<3

Can't believe you've got this game! I always loved it, the best adventure game ever!
thanx!!!!!!

OldSchoolPlayer 13-06-2009 04:40 AM

For all who have some trouble running it with DOSBox, this game works fine with SCUMMVM (scummvm.org), like a lot of other adventure games, from LucasArts and Sierra.

Hope that'll help.

gumpy 17-06-2009 07:04 PM

The humor in this game reminds me a lot of the British TV show Blackadder.

Guest 01-02-2010 09:57 AM

darn it. i used the candle on the knife way back when i had to cut the rope that was tied to the sack and catapult myself up to that chick's bedroom. Now I need to unlock the gate at Le Havre. is there any other way to get a replacement candle or do I have to start over...?

Fake Guybrush 18-05-2010 01:36 AM

So I found the talkie version of this and downloaded it (http://ineedfile.com/download/106918...keteer-dos-rar)

But the package is just a .DAT and a .SOF file. I'm guessing it's kind of like .bin/cue but I don't know. Anyone have an idea how to properly burn / mount this? It probably doesn't help that I'm on OS X, googling didn't help.

DarthHelmet86 18-05-2010 03:03 AM

From what I just read .sof are files for chipsets and the like. You may have just downloaded a virus of some discription.

As a note this game does work on SCUMMVM, maybe we should add that to its page.

RRS 25-03-2015 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 237291)
When I met [Juliette in Rouen] in the tower for the first time I forgot to take her handkerchief. So I had to use the broken ladder to enter her room again to take it. I have no chance to enter the room by the broken ladder again (because it broke when I used it to enter the room).

I'm stuck with the same thing :(

Descriptions suggest you could get from the ledge on the tavern's wall, exiting from tavern's window from a room next to yours.
Is it possible to enter that room to do this? There's a locked door in your room and another one upstairs.

mexbrush 16-01-2021 05:37 AM

I downloaded it again yesterday. Couldn't find it here somehow and found iso version in net.

Never played with music and voice acting and I can say all, you should try playing the CD version.

I think I first played it more than 10 years ago, stuck and didn't use walk-through so forgot in time.

Remembered it to play and finish couple of times but finally after yesterday at boring work session I remembered it again.

I was checking follow up books of The 3 muskeeters and I found myself playing this gem again.:whistling:

Good to post after 7 years :max:

Lorensadert 14-04-2021 09:59 AM

I haven't been playing for a long time. Maybe someone has been playing for a long time, I'm interested to read your comments about it.

The current time is 04:15 PM (GMT)